Join Us

We are 220,251 members in 84 forums discussing 161,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 7, 2017 10:38AM - edited Oct 29, 2019 03:42AM by Micmel

Micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 659 of 660 (19,792 results)

Posts 19741 - 19770 (19,792 total)

Feb 21, 2021 05:21AM Bliss58 wrote:

Love reading good news from you all. Happy belated Birthday to you Kitty.

Karen, really glad to read your lung issues are better, but sorry that Madame X has not treated you well. Udderly Smooth 20% urea cream and Aquaphor really helped my H/F, but mostly it was a dose reduction.

Not sure I posted it here, but we decided to leave the snow and cold, and listed our home of 30 years for sale. It sold in 9 days for a ridiculous price. Closing isn't until March 22. I went there to retrieve a few things with my DD. Enjoyed spending a couple days with her and had lunch with a friend.

Cancer is never too far from my mind with daily pills, that btw I'm now out of because of weather delays, but time with family, friends and you all always helps.

Dx at 56 06/2015, IDC left, 4cm, de novo mets to bone; dx 04/2020 progression to liver. Dx 6/1/2015, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/30/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 12/16/2015 External: Bone Surgery 2/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/9/2016 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2018 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx 4/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC)

Feb 21, 2021 05:46AM candy-678 wrote:

Bliss- Where are you headed now? Warmer climate?

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 21, 2021 11:05AM Micmel wrote:

we have nothing but snow and ice. It’s freezing. I’d be up for a warmer climate myself !

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 21, 2021 04:00PM - edited Feb 21, 2021 04:03PM by Bliss58

Well, we're not going too far really, Candy, just to the Denver area. Still some snow and cold there, but nothing like the resort area we're leaving. Just too much to deal with at our ages and my health. The summers are glorious and that's what I'll really miss, but they're just much too short.

Dx at 56 06/2015, IDC left, 4cm, de novo mets to bone; dx 04/2020 progression to liver. Dx 6/1/2015, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 6/30/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 12/16/2015 External: Bone Surgery 2/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 5/9/2016 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2018 Aromasin (exemestane) Dx 4/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC)

Feb 21, 2021 10:37PM Karenfizedbo15 wrote:

Thanks for the creams suggestions ladies. Bliss exciting times for you!

Surgery 9/6/2007 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 4/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2021, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Chemotherapy 2/3/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 22, 2021 12:37AM candy-678 wrote:

Morning all.

Church online service soon. I wonder when I will feel comfortable doing in person church again. Covid cases are lower all over, but still several each day reported in my area. I get my 2nd Covid vaccine this upcoming week, but the variants worry me. Will the vaccine protect against those. I would still wear a mask, social distance (move if someone sits down close to me, esp if they didn't have a mask on), and not shake hands. The "new normal" of church, I guess.

I have Rosie down on my list for ablation this week (tomorrow). And Moth did I miss your bone scan report? Anyone else with scans or appointments this week? I have the Covid vaccine on Wednesday-- I guess, was their shipment delayed?

Hope everyone is doing ok today.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 22, 2021 12:56AM GoldensRBest wrote:

Candy - I, too, am undecided about returning to church. It will be 2 weeks this Tuesday that I had my second vaccine so I should be in the most effective range of protection. But I’m also concerned about the variants. I will continue to stay home, only going to medical appointments and always wearing a mask when out. Good luck on your second vaccine. Hubs had no side effects and I was on the couch the day after with fatigue and moderate muscle/joint aches. A bit tired the second day but was able to tend to daily chores. Fingers crossed yours is so easy!

Dx 6/1990, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/1999, IDC, Right, <1cm Dx 7/26/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/25/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CMF Surgery Mastectomy Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 22, 2021 02:32AM mara51506 wrote:

Candy, I imagine that if you were to catch a variant after being vaccinated, the illness would be less severe than without vaccine much like the flu shot. Even if it is not 100 per cent protection, it should offer enough so that people don't end up on ventilators or dying. You have more protection at this point. Masks and washing hands is the way to go and I know for myself, I will probably consider masking in public and continuing the hand sanitizer going forward. No real flu cases with all of the precautions.

It is beautiful and sunny, finished my toast and am going to take a walk. I may pick up some pizza sauce and mozzerella cheese and canned mushrooms and give myself the option to use t he hamburger buns to make pizza. I made nachos last night but did not enjoy those but think this will add an extra meal without spending much on take out.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 22, 2021 04:02AM Micmel wrote:

Hello ladies~ how is everyone this Sunday? My good ole problem of son not cleaning his shit up is reoccurring just like we knew it would be. So it’s a bit tense around here. I’m sick of worrying. Worrying about my health. And everyone else doing what they should. I feel tense with my DH. I feel defensive of my son and I can’t help it. It hurts me. I’m just not happy having. Cancer. Period. That’s when everything got really hard. I just want him to take care of himself. I’m tired.

Feb 22, 2021 11:55AM Tanya_Djamila wrote:

Both of my younger brothers have Covid. I purposely stay away from them bc they’re in their 20’s but I did take a jet ski ride a few months back so... My son just got his negative test back after 3 weeks of Covid. Maybe increased bc of super bowl

We never know the truth about our Covid numbers here after the lady tried to report the correct numbers and was arrested at gun point in front of her children no one is sure what the numbers are.

Still no available vaccines. I heard they’re for sale here when they have extras. I may just have to buy a shot.

Available for pocket duty for anyone’s upcoming appts. I have faslodex shots Tuesday and that’s it.

Take care all

Tany

Tanya Dx 8/19/2003, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone/other, 28/28 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 4/19/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 0/0 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Feb 22, 2021 05:16PM SeeQ wrote:

Karen, I'm glad you're breathing better; sorry about the SEs from your new treatment.

Kittykat, yay for fun time with Finn!

Rosie, fun stuff getting a new car. I agree with your perspective of coexisting with cancer. It really doesn't leave my mind for too long, but I try not to let it dominate my time or actions more than necessary.

Booboo, I'm glad you have your sisters to talk to and help you keep your perspective. I imagine that could be hard to do 'in the thick of it', so to speak.

Bliss, it must be bittersweet leaving one home for another after so long. So, had you found a new home already?

Tanya - I live in NW Florida, and I was able to get in for a vaccine at Walmart Thursday, the same day as my PET/CT. It took a little checking, but there's not supposed to be any conflict. It was a pretty easy process, and we scheduled my second dose while I was there. Scan results on Wednesday. Thinking good thoughts.

De Novo Stage IV; numerous mets in liver; single small breast tumor identified 4 weeks later Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2020 Verzenio

Feb 23, 2021 01:05AM candy-678 wrote:

SeeQ- Pocket duty Wednesday for scan results.

Feb 23, 2021 04:46AM mara51506 wrote:

See Q, glad you got vaccinated, I will be in your pocket for scan results as well.

Bliss, I imagine you are looking forward to a new place, congratulations.

Laurie, glad you have sisters to talk to.

Did not see DB except for him to drop of cookies which was nice. I admit I was disappointed until I reminded myself that they are much busier than me and still think of me most weeks.

I have been doing a different walking today that makes my heart beat more, busted out my Leslie Sansone on youtube. Have done 25 mins. The pace is far more than the treadmill that I use since I hang on to it. Not comfortable without hanging on due to lack of confidence in balance. I did find that since strengthened the right leg every day to this day, my right foot lifted much higher. Doing 10 to 15 mins after everything I eat to aid digestion and keep the legs active. I also will march across the living room to music as an extra thing to do if I do not feel like walking outside. Also bought myself some boyshorts underwear for working out but also to keep thighs chafing together. That was painful. Other than that, had to bleach a couple white cloths due to failing to see I put them in the same laundry as black pants, came out a horrible gray which would not even comeout with oxiclean white revive. Luckily had some extra bleach lying around.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 23, 2021 05:55AM - edited Feb 23, 2021 05:55AM by Bliss58

We haven't found a home yet. My DH has been working in the Denver area for sometime and has a studio apt we're using for now, but not ideal. It is bittersweet to be leaving our home after so long, but I guess change is good, too. Yesterday we looked around at houses being built north of Denver in a smaller town. We prefer to live outside the big city. If we settle there, it'll be about a 40-minute commute for him. Right now he drives about 10 min, so that'll be more change.

Rosie, congrats on the new car. That's always fun!

SeeQ, glad you got the vaccine and it was uneventful. In your pocket for scans Wed., too.

Hugs and hello to you all.

Feb 23, 2021 09:41AM Rosie24 wrote:

My doc said the ablation went well. I’m feeling ok with just a dull ache in one area. Trying Advil, avoiding heavy stuff if I can. Thanks to anyone who offered pocket duty. My radio alarm woke me up to We Will Rock You at 5:15 am. and even though it’s not really a favorite I took it as a good omen. Hoping it rocks my mets for a while

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/4/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 23, 2021 10:27AM BevJen wrote:

Rosie,

I responded on another thread, but I would try to stick with the Advil on a very strict schedule -- don't let the pain build up.

On my second ablation, they prescribed oxygen. No, no, and no. I don't know if it helped with any pain, but it sure made me very sick. I don't tolerate that kind of stuff well, so hopefully you can do it on just OTC drugs.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 23, 2021 12:05PM Bliss58 wrote:

Rosie, sent you well wishes on the other thread, but congratulations again.

Feb 23, 2021 12:09PM Micmel wrote:

Hello Ladies. Just reading along and taking a little break from cancer this weekend. Been a bickering weekend in my household. I wish I could have a. Nice straw but on a beach with a tropical 🏝 🍹 and forget all my worries. Would you all like to accompany us?

Feb 23, 2021 12:21PM candy-678 wrote:

Rosie- Glad the ablation is done for you. Hope the Advil takes care of the pain and you have a speedy recovery. Get some rest.

Mel- Sorry you had a rough weekend with family issues. I have been thinking a lot about my relationship with my sister. I wish it was better too. The beach is not my cup of tea, so to speak. But it would be nice to get away from cancer for a while.

Feb 23, 2021 01:15PM Micmel wrote:

We could always be by a lake in the woods sitting next to a roaring fire and eating marshland chocolate or hot dogs as well. Just a place where it doesn’t exist. My bloodwork came back normal again which I’m thankful for. Tumor markers down way lower again. Now I just. Wait to scan ugh. I really honestly hate it. The prep the night before. No coffee for me in. The morning. I’ll be miss evil. Scans. Yuck

Feb 23, 2021 01:38PM illimae wrote:

Micmel, I’m totally there, I’ve got big beach vibes.

My birthday present to myself was new tattoos. It’s my off week for Xeloda to make healing easier but my MO won’t approve I’m sure, oh well.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 23, 2021 09:27PM Karenfizedbo15 wrote:

Each to their own, but I find that practising mindfulness, relaxation techniques and reiki really make a big difference - I’ve completed levels 1& 2 reiki course in the last year with a trusted friend whom I taught alongside for many years and is a reiki master. I used to poo poo this stuff until MBC almost broke my mind nearly 3 years ago and my reiki friend, who is very calm and also the most down to earth person, basically bullied me into trying out some techniques with her. I realised that these are skills which are learned through good teaching and regular practice. I couldn’t just suddenly ‘do’ relaxation, it needed the right support and techniques which worked for me. Now most of the time I can take myself to any lovely safe places whenever I want, which is especially helpful at really stressful times, or places like hospital waiting rooms. This won’t make me better, but it definitely makes the journey a bit easier!

Wow to your new feet Mae!!

Surgery 9/6/2007 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap Dx 4/2018, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2021, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Chemotherapy 2/3/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 24, 2021 12:28AM candy-678 wrote:

Nice Mae. I do not have any tattoos. But I always wanted one. Just 1 is fine. I am a cat person, and I thought a paw print would be nice. But I never did it. And now with the Ibrance white counts and my finances.... I know 1 small one would not cost too much, but I cannot really think of doing that when I have multiple bills. And I sure would not want to get an infection from taking the chance.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Feb 24, 2021 12:57AM GoldensRBest wrote:

Mae - such lovely, colorful tattoos! Hope they bring a smile whenever you look at them. I would love to get a paw tattoo like Candy, but mine would be for my pups🐾🐾.

Heat wave today - supposed to hit 42!!

Dx 6/1990, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/1999, IDC, Right, <1cm Dx 7/26/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/25/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CMF Surgery Mastectomy Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 24, 2021 01:47AM Micmel wrote:

Mae~wow, you have your own unique style and I'm lovin it. Your choices. Your life. I love them. They are so colorful and beautiful! You go girl.

Karen~I use my rain sounds to lull my mindset to numbness. I try to breathe and relax. But I think for myself , once told you've got cancer. You never rest the same. Ever again. Those things are worth trying. I have to read up on the and see what it is about. Anything that helps our frame of mind. Helps.

Waving to Goldens. ! Bev Jen.....Candy.....Mara....

Feb 24, 2021 01:56AM BevJen wrote:

Hi to all,

I've been called out by Mel, so am just doing a quick check in. I have posted here and there but haven't had that much to say, really. I'm heading in for infusion #3 on March 2, provided that my blood work looks okay when I get labs pulled at the end of this week. Having some weird side effects that are probably attributable to keytruda, but still working through all of that.

In the meantime, waving to everyone here.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 24, 2021 04:55AM Bliss58 wrote:

Mel, I'm there with you at the beach or lake! Just sitting in a cool breeze or by the fire relaxing and chatting about "girl things" while drinking yummy cocktails sounds divine! I wish we could do it for real. Since your TMs are way down, I trust your scan will be just fine, so breathe.

Mae, ditto to what Mel said about you girl. The tattoos are lovely.

Tanya, how are your brothers doing with Covid?

BevJen, hope your SEs don't get too weird and the Keytruda is working for you.

Waving hello and offering hugs to all.

Feb 24, 2021 05:14AM BevJen wrote:

Bliss,

Thanks for your good thoughts. Yeah, I've been having some bad lower back pain for about the past five days. My MO and NP don't seem too concerned, but I am because it's almost debilitating. Hope I can get that worked out, because the worst of it is in the morning when I am in a lot of pain trying to get out of bed. Not fun.

This too shall pass.

Feb 24, 2021 07:04AM mara51506 wrote:

BevJen, sorry about your pain, so hard when it is the back. Not so nice the MO and NP are blase about it. Sure they would not be if it were them. Hope you can find a pain solution soon.

Mae, tattoos are lovely

Waving back to Mel as well.

Being a little lazy today, only done 10 mins fast walk so far. Surveys and stuff and a movie took up my morning. The movie was Daddy's little girls, a Tyler Perry movie with Idris Elba, it was not bad.Waiting on an Amazon delivery as well.

Feb 24, 2021 07:10AM candy-678 wrote:

I just want to say I HATE THIS DAMN CANCER !!!!!!!!!!!

I am not going into all the specifics right now, but my mind wants to do stuff, but my body cannot. I want to go out and give back to society. To be a productive member of society. I want to have passion for a project. I want to be busy with something.

I have the opportunity to do some volunteer work in my community. But not just Covid--- I am getting vaccine #2 tomorrow, but vaccine still not 100% protection--- but the fatigue, the icky feelings, the worry that I could catch something else but Covid with my low counts. I want to say Yes to this opportunity, but is it a good idea? Can I really invest the energy to it? Is it "safe" for me to do in my condition?

First, I want my old life back. But second I want to be able to enjoy this life as much as I can.

I JUST WANT TO THROW SOMETHING. THIS IS NOT FAIR.

Page 659 of 660 (19,792 results)