Join Us

We are 221,192 members in 83 forums discussing 161,888 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 05:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 09:42AM by Micmel

Micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 660 of 686 (20,554 results)

Posts 19771 - 19800 (20,554 total)

Feb 23, 2021 01:59PM moth wrote:

Hey guys! I had my mapping CT for the bone met today & my RO called to say that's all fine but the lung met he treated is showing that my lung is possibly developing pneumonitis. I saw my MO last week and she did a chest xray and thought possibly the same...but she was ok with waiting to see how it's going and having immunotherapy & chemo this week unless my symptoms got worse.

But the RO isn't happy and wants to start me on steroids & skip immunotherapy. My MO is away this week but whoever is covering for her agreed :( I wish my MO was here because I would have felt more comfortable with this decision. She's back next week....

Also, steroids. Ugh I hate steroids. I can't even remember what he said but it sounded like a big dose for a week and then a slow taper. I already warned my dh to keep me off online shopping - I crazy shop while high on steroids.

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.... Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3 Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Feb 23, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 23, 2021 02:10PM by ShetlandPony

Moth, any chance of a quick email to your MO? Steroids. I saw a tee shirt that said, "I'm sorry for what I said on steroids". Maybe you need a "Sorry for what I bought on steroids."

2011 Stage I ILC 1.5cm grade1 ITCs sn Lumpectomy,radiation,tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD

Feb 23, 2021 02:17PM moth wrote:

SP, no, I don't have her email and her phone would just go to her secretary and the cancer agency MO who is covering her pts this week :( I think she's really away .. and I do think doctors should get time off and I sort of think that this is something we can sort out when she returns. She might taper me off steroids faster and put me back on immunotherapy if I respond well. I hope.

lol about the t-shirt. I do get lots done on steroids. Maybe I'll put a huge dent in my knitting projects. And I have closets to clean out. Otoh, I swear my face has just barely returned to normal from the last dose I had in Nov, and that was a much smaller dose too... ugh

Initial dx at 50. Seriously???? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: nevertellmetheodds2017.tumblr.... Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3 Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Feb 23, 2021 05:58PM Micmel wrote:

Candy~ you’re not alone. Not even close. I have my first too. Happens when I’m triggered by a bad day.

Shetland... good to see you.

Bev Jen ~ sorry about your pain I hope the lower pain says sianara. And leaves you alone. It just bites at you. I understand. I feel pain daily. I try to ignore it. It doesn’t always work. I’m with you in thought. Sending good vibes.

Moth~ nice to see you back again. Sending you hugs for support.

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 23, 2021 08:21PM Tanya_Djamila wrote:

Bliss my brothers are having mild symptoms so far thanks for asking.

Bev Jen sorry you’re having back pain like that. It certainly is scary and so dibillitating

Mae your feet look like someone placed flowers on them. Pretty and bright.

Mara I hope you got as much walking in as you wanted.

Moth sometimes the doctors just follow “normal” procedure. I hope the steroids aren’t too much

Mel I heard an actor Hugh grant I think say that he’s up nightly with crippling anxiety between 2-4 am. He was making a joke but ours is real and boy does it make for moody days

I hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

Tany

Tanya Dx 8/19/2003, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone/other, 28/28 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 4/19/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 0/0 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Feb 23, 2021 09:37PM SeeQ wrote:

BevJen, sorry about the back pain. And how frustrating that your team is...unfazed...by it. I hope you get some relief soon.

Candy, hugs to you. It's so frustrating not being able to live the life of our choosing. Damn cancer!

moth - It's too bad your MO didn't mention what she would have done, if not the wait and see approach. It's a bummer skipping a treatment, but pneumonitis doesn't sound fun either.

Forgot to say, pretty flowers, Mae.

De Novo Stage IV; numerous mets in liver; single small breast tumor identified 4 weeks later Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2020 Verzenio

Feb 24, 2021 07:33AM Rosie24 wrote:

Moth, That is really frustrating that your treatment is being held off by others, not your MO. Maybe it’s the right thing, but not having her input leaves you with doubt about it. Hopefully when she’s back she can put your mind at rest.

Candy, Covid along with cancer sure messed up 2020, hopefully not all of 2021 too. I see your dilemma in wanting to do things again but still being worried about getting Covid. Maybe you can stick a toe in the water and try something you want to do but still wear a mask? Just an idea.

BevJen, sorry too, about your back pain. Have you seen it mentioned as a side effect of the immunotherapy at all? Hoping you get some relief or at least some acknowledgement soon.

Mel. I hope your family stresses have lessened some by now.

Hello to Everyone. Hope it’s a good or pretty good day for you all.

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/3/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/3/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 24, 2021 08:41AM candy-678 wrote:

Hello all.

I just want to explain further my post from yesterday.

I stopped working Dec 2019-- "retired" at the age of 49 due to the cancer. I was doing some volunteer things before Covid. My career was over, but I could still be productive in the volunteer sector. Not in the workforce anymore, I had time to give back by doing things with volunteer organizations. Then Covid hit. I have been isolated in my home since March 2020-- almost 1 year now. I still try to stay somewhat busy--- call church friends, do Zoom gaming with a group once a week, keep up with you all and how you are doing. I even continued a couple of volunteer things per Zoom meetings. But it is not the same.

Yesterday I had one of those volunteer thing meetings per Zoom. We were discussing the vaccine rollout and how after more of our group gets their vaccines we are going to try to get back to doing some activities in person. One thing mentioned was a project we could start which would include visiting people in our local hospital. Yes these volunteers are retirement age so they are "high risk" for Covid. But with summer coming, more getting vaccinated in the community, and maybe less issues with Covid they are willing to start going about their business again. I wanted so much to have a project, something to look forward to, put my energy in again. Something a few hours a week. But..... even without Covid lurking its head, there are other germs out there and I still have cancer and still on treatment that lowers my counts. Should I really be going into a hospital setting and possibly exposing myself to any number of germs. Sitting beside a sick person's hospital bed, touching the bedrails, etc.

I wanted so much to be a part of the group. It sounded interesting and it sounded like I could really help someone. But, do I want to put myself at risk. I am doing good with the cancer-- stable for now. I do not want to take chances with my health.

Yes, I am going to try to find some activities I can do safely. I want to get some sort of life back. But then I think of the fatigue, the nausea at times. Whatever I find to do I need to have flexibility to stop if I get tired. Something I can have flexibility with.

It just hit me yesterday. Cancer took my career, my health, my finances. Now, I cannot even have "retirement" like others. Cannot travel (finances). Cannot do volunteer committees. All I can do is sit in my house alone and take naps when I get to feeling tired and sick.

Thanks for understanding. I know you all understand where no one else can.

Moth- Sorry you are going thru this. I have not been on steroids before, but I heard they can be rough.

SeeQ- MO appt today?

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 24, 2021 08:51AM Sunshine99 wrote:

moth, I had the "Clean House Syndrome" when I took steroids during my first chemo. I took them the day before, of and after chemo. That was in the days before I had a housekeeper and I had SO much energy those days that I'd clean like a mad woman, go to the gym and work out, you name it. The crash came after that, as I recall.

This time, my RO prescribed steroids, but I didn't take them for very long. I had only 13 rad sessions.

Isn't it strange how such a tiny little pill can have such an effect on us?

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 24, 2021 09:12AM phet7178 wrote:

Hello all, long time no post :)

Moth - I'm sorry you have this stress of the pneumonitis. I've heard it's a very common immuno side effect, hopefully the steroids sort it out. Breathlessness is no fun and I find it doesn't help my anxiety either, though breathing exercises (perhaps paradoxically) do definitely help.

Mae- I love your tattoos! I also have always wanted a tattoo and now worry I'll never be able to get one because of chemo and things. I'm just getting adjusted to being immunosuppressed for the rest of my life, ugh.

BevJen - I'm sorry to hear about your back pain. I've had some lower back pain recently and panicked a bit but then realised I've been reclining in bed or on the sofa for weeks essentially recuperating from chemo which is not good for your back...any chance it's a 'mechanical' issue like this?

I've completed cycle two of gem/carbo which hit me pretty hard for the first 10 days. I assumed my hemoglobin would be low when I went in for the second gemzar infusion but actually it was high (?) and so was my ALT. I don't have liver mets, so we think it's the chemo (and the two courses of antobiotics I was on in the two weeks prior) - I hope so. I also had my CA15-3 checked on day 1 of cycle two (so after 1 cycle). It had doubled since the baseline count - 41 to 86. I know that's not outrageous by MBC standards but I am freaked out that it doubled (also TNBC, which I have, usually has lower CA-15-3 than ER+). I've been told by others that it can spike when you start a new treatment because the cells are dying and releasing whatever that antigen is into your blood. I bloody hope so! Speaking to my oncologist tomorrow and will pick her brains on that...

sending love and gentle hugs to all

Dx 3/7/2019, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/22/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Dx 11/24/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/19/2021 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine)

Feb 24, 2021 09:25AM illimae wrote:

Candy, I’m sorry. I was somewhat lost and very bored after medical retirement and without traveling, it’s ugh. I plan to shift my focus to more outdoor activities but I’m procrastinating.

Phet, I’m on oral chemo currently, so the tattoos were timed for my week off and after good labs. Feet sometimes swell after foot tattoos, so they’re up in the recliner for a few days.

My CT scans were scheduled for 3/9 but MO said my scans in December were good, so we’re postponing those until mid April when I have my next brain MRI. This works great because when I’m fully moved to the cabin, I only want to come back for a week and fit everything in at once.

More packing later, just relaxing now.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 24, 2021 09:42AM - edited Feb 24, 2021 09:43AM by moth

hi everyone, thank you for the kind words. I'm feeling a teeny bit better about this steroid/immunotherapy decision.....though the thing that still gnaws at me is that I actually am not really symptomatic. My shortness of breath is so minor that I feel another person wouldn't have even mentioned it. It's just that I'm hyper vigilant to symptoms... my SpO2 is fine and I'm still able to exercise. But it definitely is showing on xray and CT so there's that :(

And the stupid guidelines go from Grade 0 = radiographic evidence only, no symptoms, to Grade 1 = symptoms interfereing with ADL (activities of daily life). And I'm like GUYS I'm maybe 0.25 on that scale! And at Grade 0 they just say "consider steroids" & "consider delaying immunotherapy" ... and so I'm like can we consider NOT doing that LOL

waaa waaa waaa. I'm just full out whining now. I've got the pills and I'm starting now. One whole week on 50mg /day and after that a twenty day taper!!! OMG. Though the RO did say that when my MO comes back she could decide to taper faster. I hope so. A whole month on steroids is not my idea of fun.

BevJen the back pain sounds horrid. I did hurt my lower back last summer when camping & it took ages to heal. Had to see massage therapist & physio. It was all out of alignment & seizing up. I hope you can find some relief. I wish there were physio & registered massage therapists assigned to cancer clinics because I think we need them to keep our bodies running as well as possible, kwim? And then if they can't fix things, they can help rule out simple musculoskeletal stuff and refer us up the chain for investigation... that would be my ideal system (if I ran the world lol)

Feb 24, 2021 09:56AM - edited Feb 24, 2021 12:00PM by mara51506

I am having a terrible mental health day, started last night and continued from when I got up. I can't stop crying. I am hoping the walk to the cancer clinic for my infusion will perk me up, I did a walk on the treadmill but that has not helped. I am having terrible thoughts about the weight gain and thinking I am just a pig, I have portion control in my diet so am employing solutions but really beating myself up. Not helpful. Not needing any pick me ups other than to say to myself, stop crying, start solving, obviously, if I am gaining weight, need to move more often than I do, have gone down to an hour walk and obviously that is not enough. Dropping some items when I have beans like shredded cheese etc, mostly beans spinach and a few teaspoons of queso which is not bad. I really don't want to be weepy at the cancer clinic because I will be told to take antidepressants. Not interested at this point. Maybe later.

BevJen and everyone suffering paiin, I am thinking of you, trying to solve my wicked hand and wrist pain myself that keeps me up so the back definitely sounds terrible.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 24, 2021 10:10AM SeeQ wrote:

Candy - Of all places, I agree a hospital ward may not be the best place for you to volunteer. I hope "the right opportunity" comes along for you soon. There got to be one - it just needs to hurry up! And, yes, MO appt today. I'm fully expecting good things, but still holding my breath, IYKWIM.

moth - I second your motion for therapeutic massage being added as a standard of care! :)

De Novo Stage IV; numerous mets in liver; single small breast tumor identified 4 weeks later Dx 6/2/2020, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 7/3/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 7/10/2020 Verzenio

Feb 24, 2021 10:26AM - edited Feb 24, 2021 10:31AM by candy-678

Mara- Hugs from here. I understand the "terrible mental health days".

SeeQ- The retired folk in my volunteer group are concerned about the Covid, rightfully so. But, after we lick Covid, the health issues older retired folks have-- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, etc, does not make them immunocompromised. So going into the hospital ward is something they can do post Covid. I wonder if I should though, with the cancer. I am hoping the "right opportunity" comes along for me. Something safer. Pocket duty with peanut M&M's.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

Feb 24, 2021 10:33AM BevJen wrote:

Thanks, ladies, for your support on the back issues. Last night I slept in my recliner, and it was so much easier on my back -- woke up this morning just a little stiff. Then I took a shower with hot water and my back seized up. Dammit.

As I said before, this, too, shall pass.

Hi to everyone!

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Feb 24, 2021 10:50AM SeeQ wrote:

Karenfiz..I forgot to say earlier, I had never heard of reiki, but I think mindfulness, meditation, relaxation are important tools for us. Your state of mind affects how your body works. It would be nice to see that incorporated, or at least offered, as a regular part of our care. We surely have the stress.

Ok. I've just got to say, the predictive text on my tablet is killing me. It comes up with the most off-the-wall words. If you ever see one that just makes you scratch your head, you'll know I forgot to go back and pre-read my post before submitting. Lolol

Feb 24, 2021 12:04PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 01:19PM by mara51506

I walked to the cancer clinic. Very sloppy snow and ice. Just getting my Herceptin. The sun is nice, feet got a bit sore on the snow from sliding a bit. Hoping the trip home is better. Sun is still out which is nice.

Edited to add that the trip home was easier since I stayed to the side of the road on the less busy streets, main sidewalks were just puddles so no sliding. Boots are still waterproof. App't was good as I did not have to wait long and the nurses were fun. Not sure if I will walk after supper, if I do, will stick to the side of the road. I will see how my feet feel. Mental health is a little better too, no weeping at the cancer clinic.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 24, 2021 02:41PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 02:41PM by Micmel

I hate those weepy days. God knows I've had them. Shit... I have weepy minutes that turn to hours. Cancer is just plain hard to deal with. Wicked wicked disease. And I know we all hate it very much.

Feb 24, 2021 07:44PM - edited Feb 24, 2021 11:48PM by SeeQ

Update from my MO appt. I was expecting good news, and was not disappointed. Scans were good.

Will see the MO every other month. Still checking monthly blood work. Rescan in six mos., instead of three, barring other indicators.

Feb 24, 2021 07:45PM mara51506 wrote:

Mel, I feel you. I am going to bed earlier tonight and will make an effort to move more tomorrow as well. Supposed to be sunny but cold which is fine with me. I was OK this evening but know I fell asleep after I got home. Did a little laundry and am just getting my gear ready for bed, listen to some relaxing subliminal messages mixed in with rain as well as fan noise. Very peaceful to listen to.

Feb 25, 2021 12:11AM SondraF wrote:

Mel & Mara - yeah, I hear you. Some days the wheels depart from the mental bus and the engine blows up and you are left a smoking emotional heap by the side of the road. I had one of those the other day. I don't even know why Im crying either other than the total suckitude of it all adds up into one big realization I guess. Also, when Im fatigued or frustrated it usually happens. Even knowing it happens and just accepting it doesn't seem to work either! :)

Mara - I love ocean sounds and usually tell partner I need to chill out with ocean for a bit, but I also love fan sounds and have a white noise machine / actual fan on at all times.

SeeQ - what a wonderful report! Does this put you at NED? Nice that you can go to 6 monthly scans so early!

Dx 9/27/2019, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 11/29/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 11/29/2019 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 25, 2021 06:02AM Rosie24 wrote:

SeeQ, wow, congrats on the good scan and also moving to the 6 month scan schedule! Really good news!

Mara, Mel, Sondra, others with bad days, Sending a hug. I don’t think there’s anything to do other than let it be and let it out . We have your backs here so share with us if it helps.

Karen, I would love to learn or experience reiki, mindfulness, meditation. We have a center for cancer support in Cleveland called the Gathering Place (two locations even) that offers programs like those and things like art therapy and family support. They also offer free wigs, which I took them up on when I thought I’d be starting with chemo, then returned the wigs. I wish I lived closer but the nearest one is about an hour away and I haven’t taken advantage of their offerings other than the wigs. I think zoom is the main format now so you have me thinking I should just try what I can. Thanks for bringing up the benefits.

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/23/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/3/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/3/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 25, 2021 06:20AM - edited Feb 25, 2021 06:23AM by Micmel

SeeQ~ atta girl. Way to get them good results. I'm thrilled for you !!!!! I scan next week March 4. I feel physically fine. It's the fatigue and mental anguish that beats me up. Or when one of my kids will do or say something that makes me scared I won't see them have children. Especially my son. He's too immature to even think about that. He's not even wanting a girlfriend, they cost to much money he says. LOL. Can't say he's wrong. The drama has slowed some. It’s my son that needs to grow up ..the drama will come around again until he moves out. Ups and downs

Feb 25, 2021 11:54AM SeeQ wrote:

SondraF, yes, from a flipping huge tumor, plus numerous others, to NED in 7 months of treatment. I about fell over. I've been walking around on a cloud all day. Evidently, cloud walking is hard work, because I'm wiped out. Took my car for an oil change this morning; I think it's nap time.

Hugs to Mara and Mel and others having a tough time these last couple days.

Feb 25, 2021 12:30PM - edited Feb 25, 2021 12:31PM by Micmel

gotta say Runor knew he wouldn't keep his room up. She said it after it happened last time. So she must have experience with this sort of thing. I'm at a loss really. It's a basic function. Dude clean your room, do laundry. Duh!!!!!! Maddening.

Feb 25, 2021 12:32PM - edited Feb 25, 2021 12:33PM by Micmel

Mae ~How are the foot tattoos feeling. ? Hope they are healing welll.

Waving hello back to SeeQ congrats again.
BooBoo~ sending a hug

Thank you Rosie for the hug. I needed one!

Feb 25, 2021 12:58PM SeeQ wrote:

Mel, I think we all have the same problems with our grown up kids. I told my kids I was going to frame this and put it in the guest bath (AFTER they came back home. I never did, BUT I SHOULD HAVE!)

Unstated expectations are predetermined disappointments.

Our expectations:

No-brainers
This is not a hotel.
Treat us and our property with respect.
No drugs. Period.
Do not drink and drive. (Common sense, our vehicle/insurance).

Keep yourself on track and motivated
School; apply yourself; keep at it.
They're *your* goals; *you* need to make them happen.

Be pleasant and reasonably social
Don't be a hermit (not a hotel).
Clean up after yourself. (Duh!)

Maintain our guest bathroom - neat and clean.
Maintain your bedroom - respect my property.
Maintain yourself.

---

Oh, and I quit doing their laundry when we moved into this house (9th &12th grade). They didn't appreciate it at the time, but they both thanked me later. They could cook (basics), clean, and do their own laundry when they left the house. Most of the other 'kids' couldn't, and it didn't take them long to get frustrated over that.

Feb 25, 2021 01:57PM Tanya_Djamila wrote:

Mara that was a real crappy doctor appt. I always have had to fight the battle of the bulge and ballooned in pandemic time to 196!!! My friend encouraged me to do intermittent fasting and it easy nothing special to eat. I just eat in a time frame of 8 hours during the day. I can drink water and or black coffee outside of that time. I chose the hours between 11-7. My husband started after I lost my first 10 lbs. he has lost over 30 lbs and so have I. Nothing to buy or special foods just being very disciplined about the time. My weight to date is 163 and I feel comfortable at 155 so that’s where I’ll modify. Sending hugs and encouragement.

Great wonderful fantastic dancing in the ceiling news seeQ!

In for pocket duty Mel on the 4th.

SondraF I need permission to steal suckitude

Tanya

Tanya Dx 8/19/2003, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone/other, 28/28 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 4/19/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 0/0 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Feb 25, 2021 02:25PM illimae wrote:

Great news Seeq, congrats 🎉

Micmel, doing well here. I take the sterile wrap off tomorrow and continue with my nightly foot lotion routine. They’re so pretty, I might never wear shoes again, lol.

Had a zoom follow up about my thyroid today. Tiny nodules are unchanged since discovered 4 years ago and assumed to be benign, no need to annual US, just labs and yearly follow up. Works for me.

I’m up 10lbs from the holidays and birthdays. I start tracking food and walking more on Monday to stay near my current weight or less. DH keeps complaining about his weight, do gently trying to get him on board too.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/22/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/21/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 660 of 686 (20,554 results)