Join Us

We are 222,316 members in 83 forums discussing 162,454 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jul 6, 2017 08:38PM - edited Oct 28, 2019 12:42PM by Micmel

Micmel wrote:

As I go through this forced path I have been thrown down, I have come to realize the love I have always had for my husband was strong. He is amazing and I love him with my very soul and entire heart. Never would I ever imagine the thought of dying and him being alone. Then the worst part hit me!! I can't seem to shake the horrible sorrow of thinking of another woman taking my place in his life and his heart, and if I Am honest his bed. He is my best friend and the love of my life, I would never need another for any reason. He makes my life complete, and then this happens. How do I process that I most likely won't be the one growing old on the porch that we have talked about, how do I process, someone else sitting in that chair? I hate this trajectory path I've been spun onto, and everyday I feel grief and deep sorrow. How do I live everyday knowing in the back of my mind, I feel like a place holder, for another woman who will be stepping into my life when I die of this horrible disease, more sooner than later. Why would I even want to take any medicines or treatments, when the answer is pretty obviously in front of my face.? Why do we fight so hard for something we cannot control ? Why do we hurt so badly thinking about letting go, or giving up? It's a four letter word that holds so much power. That word is LOVE..... If you have ever felt this way. Share with me, because I understand, I feel this way everyday. I also don't know what to do with the sadness of loss or how to process the process of dying. However slow or fast it may be. Please share your love stories with me, how did you meet? How long together? I want to know your stories, everyone has their person. Everyone loves.....tell me about your family, your friends, your life too, as if this was your living room. ♥️

We are team FU cancer (Named by Parry, our sweet sister) and this is our Lol pub and living room. Welcome, put your feet up and just be you!

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 701 of 719 (21,564 results)

Posts 21001 - 21030 (21,564 total)

May 7, 2021 09:15AM 50sgirl wrote:

Candy, I am so glad that you went to the hospital so the PE could be diagnosed and treated. We were all worried about you. It is good to know thatyou are on the mend. Take it easy and get some rest.

Mae, You are in my thoughts today.

Hugs and prayers, Lynne

Dx 6/5/2015, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 6/9/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 8/9/2016, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 8/30/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy 10/2/2018 Xeloda (capecitabine) Chemotherapy 2/10/2019 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 11/12/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy 11/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 12/26/2019 Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy 3/8/2020 Adriamycin (doxorubicin) Targeted Therapy 2/6/2021 Verzenio Chemotherapy 4/12/2021 Halaven (eribulin)

May 7, 2021 09:35AM GoldensRBest wrote:

Here for pocket duty. Have some of hubs leftover b-day cake from yesterday. Candy - glad you are back home. How scary. I’m heading to our daughter’s tomorrow for quick Mother’s Day weekend. Hubs can’t go as he’s on call. Wishing you all a Happy Mother’s Day weekend. Even if you don’t have kiddos, you have been a source of nurturing and comfort to all of us in Mel’s living room. Sending you all virtual bouquets of your favorite flowers

Dx 6/1990, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/1999, IDC, Right, <1cm Dx 7/26/2019, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 9/25/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy CMF Surgery Mastectomy Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

May 7, 2021 09:56AM - edited May 7, 2021 09:59AM by DodgersGirl

Candy-678: glad you are home. I was in the hospital for a week in January due to pneumonitis. Left the hospital on oxygen. Then on 4/13/21 was diagnosed with a PE and am on Eliquis, too.

Cancer sucks and so does having a PE.

This is a thread I started for pneumonitis and PE:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/879479?page=2#idx_33

are you feeling better now?

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 7, 2021 10:38AM candy-678 wrote:

Dodgers- I will check out your Thread. I did not have any shortness of breath. Just the "different" back pain, which I thought was a kidney stone attack pain. Another pill to take now. Good grief. Today I am tired--- like a deflated balloon.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

May 7, 2021 10:46AM DodgersGirl wrote:

Candy-678: glad they caught it in time to treat.

So far, my biggest issue with Eliquis is all the meds I can’t take anymore. I was using Ibuprofen very successfully for mets pain but can’t take ibuprofen any longer. Also, I am a bleeder now as I experienced in April when I received a fulvestrant shot. Arrrr.

Get some rest today. You certainly deserve a break.

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 7, 2021 10:55AM Rosie24 wrote:

Candy, I’m glad you’re back home and the PE has been dealt with. I’m sure that was very alarming to have the back pain just after the awful biopsy. Were the two things related at all or just coincidental with the timing? I hope you’re feeling better and can catch up on the sleep you need. Hug to you. 🌸

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/4/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

May 7, 2021 11:01AM candy-678 wrote:

Rosie- Yeah I thought the back pain was a kidney stone--- Good grief what luck, a stone after that awful liver biopsy. Then, also, I thought the back pain was about the liver biopsy since it was such a prolonged procedure. So, I really didn't know. Then to be told a PE. Wow. That came out of left field. But, in hindsight, I was off my daily low dose aspirin for the liver biopsy. And cancer patients are at a higher risk of clotting. So maybe being off the aspirin was the tipping factor. The aspirin was holding the clots at bay and being off it made the clot happen.

Found mets on CT for unrelated issue. I only had 2 treatments with IV chemo for the Stage II, then found Stage 4 and switched to hormone therapy/targeted therapy. I consider myself de novo. Also using Xgeva injections for bone mets Dx 6/2017, ILC/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/2017, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy AC Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left

May 7, 2021 11:17AM illimae wrote:

Candy, happy to see you back and hope you feel all better soon.

Gamma knife is done and I’m enjoying my breakfast in a recovery room. It’s scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage links, a bagel with cream cheese, a slice of banana nut bread, a fruit cup and of course, coffee!

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/17/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 7, 2021 11:54AM DodgersGirl wrote:

candy-678: I was told that cancer patients have an increased risk of blood clots AND that having a port also increases risk of clotting so it’s a double whammy.

I had my 2nd CoVid vaccine 2 weeks before PE. Not sure if the vaccine increased PE risk?

Did your doctor say anything about risks of travel after being DX with PE? Neither my pulmonary doctor nor MO said much beyond being on Eliquis for life now as once I had produced 1 clot, I would likely produce more.

May 7, 2021 12:31PM candy-678 wrote:

Dodgers- No mention of travel. But, I never have traveled !!! I am a homebody. My 2nd Covid vaccine was in Feb, so I know not that. I was off my 81mg aspirin for the liver biopsy. We think that was the issue.

Mae- Glad your procedure done. Wow that looks like a good breakfast. Our hospital dietary department really has went downhill. My breakfast was flat, small pancakes and limp bacon. Or flat, small piece of french toast and turkey sausage links. None of my meals were good. And all small portions. And I was on a regular diet with no restrictions.

May 7, 2021 05:12PM mara51506 wrote:

Candy, wow a PE, glad it is taken care of but scary for sure. Glad to see you here again.

Mae that breakfast looks like actual real food, not the prepackaged garbage our hospitals went to. Hated the food during the couple of hospital stays I had over the years. Never thought to have family bring some in for me instead but oh well.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 7, 2021 08:02PM SondraF wrote:

Candy, glad to see you back!

Speaking of food, fighting the good fight with indigestion here this evening. Same as last summer with an overworked diaphragm/stomach muscles and then eating too much at one meal (lunch in this case). It's sheer misery but we seem to be on the downhill for this episode finally (it's almost 1am). Lesson learned (again) but I think i will call the gp tomorrow just in case.

"The closer we come to the negative, to death, the more we blossom" - Montgomery Clift Dx 9/27/2019, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/28/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 11/28/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Prophylactic ovary removal

May 7, 2021 08:18PM Micmel wrote:

hi Candy glad you’re back and ok.

Everyone has to dance, they just don’t know what song they will get. Dx 1/22/2016, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 13/35 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/10/2016 AC Surgery 6/21/2016 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 7/20/2016 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 11/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Chemotherapy Chemotherapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 7, 2021 09:22PM Tanya_Djamila wrote:

Candy glad you’re back and OK.

Mae that food looks like a celebratory breakfast. Wow

Booboo I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better

Tanya

Tanya Dx 8/19/2003, ILC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, metastasized to bone/other, 28/28 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 4/19/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, 0/0 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 6/20/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 7, 2021 10:53PM - edited May 7, 2021 10:54PM by molliefish

wow that doe look like real food. I worked at a hospital just about 27 years ago. They had a full service kitchen and you could order food at the cafeteria where someone actually made it for you. Then in 2010 when I was in a BC hospital (Vancouver) for my brain tumour surgery it was a lot of crappy prepared stuff. I will never forget one breakfast lifting the plate cover to find .... nothing....... wait the tray cover is kind of heavier than normal.... my factory made blueberry muffin was stuck to the plate cover...... it's a good thing I had good drugs case the food was baaaa

Dx 5/24/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/8/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 8/14/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 1/10/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

May 8, 2021 02:04AM runor wrote:

Candy - glad you're back and on the mend. 

Mae - you photo shopped that food in!  But since you just had bolts screwed into your head I'll let you get away with it. Just this once. 

Not much going on here. Still waiting to have talk with gyno and oncologist to find out if my uterus goes bye-bye or what. Thinking it's time to start the tamoxifen again but man, I've really enjoyed being off it. I have felt a difference in the past month, in a good way.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 7/4/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 8, 2021 08:04AM booboo1 wrote:

Candy,

I am so glad you are ok. I had terrible thoughts of you laying on the floor passed out with no one knowing. I am so happy they found the cause and treated you immediately. I’ve never had a PE, but I am also currently being treated with Eliquis. Was put on it after my leg surgery. I only have to take it for a month though, so happy about that. If you could see the pile of pills I take, you’d fight taking another pill for life too.

Anyway, big hugs my friend.

Laurie (aka Booboo) Surgery 5/15/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 1/2017, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast

May 8, 2021 08:59AM candy-678 wrote:

Thanks Booboo. Yeah I knew you guys would wonder, but I couldn't log on to BCO to report in. I could have called Mel. I have her number. But I wasn't thinking. Glad you are recouping ok.

May 8, 2021 09:32AM - edited May 8, 2021 11:24AM by mara51506

Laurie and Candy, glad you are both recovering. If I ever get pain like you mention Candy, I'll call an ambulance to get it checked out for sure.

Done two walks so far today since today is a higher step count day. Partly cloudy and chilly but I don't mind. Going to have some beans, beefless ground, bit of cheese and spinach. Microwave to melt the cheese. Topped with salt, some onion powder and a spoonful of queso with a tablespoon of mayo. Should be yummy. Then I guess it will be back to walking since nothing is open here and I am suspicious that even though our stay at home order is supposed to lift sometime around Mar 18, our numbers will rise due to Mother's Day gatherings. I am grateful to be getting the first vaccine shot on the 17th. Will rehearse the bus next week as I have never been to our Agriplex except by car in the past.

Edited to add that I completed a third walk as well. That is 10000 steps and if I wish I can stop here. Not sure if older DB will call me to want to shop. I don't need anything right now so not sure what that will mean. I know they will be busy for Mother's day for SIL tomorrow I am sure.

2015 chemos AC plus T Herceptin august 12 2016 craniotomy for brain met Sept 23 whole brain radiation November 2016 Herceptin, Perjeta and Taxol. Dec 2016, Dropped the Taxol due to extreme side effects, continuing Herceptin and Perjeta. Dx 3/15/2015, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 4/22/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Dx 5/15/2015, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 7/29/2016, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 8, 2021 04:58PM booboo1 wrote:

Thanks Mara. Getting there slowly. I’m glad it’s behind me.

Candy, sorry. I was not trying to shame you or request anything. Just wanted you to know how much I care, like the rest of your “family” here. It’s not like any of us can stop in the middle of a crisis and send an update to this group. Nope. You had a lot going on, and we are all glad that you are ok.

Laurie (aka Booboo) Surgery 5/15/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 1/2017, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, metastasized to bone/liver, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3DCRT: Breast

May 8, 2021 05:27PM candy-678 wrote:

Booboo- No need to apologize. I didn't take your comments as shaming. I know you care. That is what I love about our "family" here. When someone doesn't check in, we worry. I have worried about people here before too.

May 8, 2021 10:53PM Micmel wrote:

group hug!

May 8, 2021 11:01PM RaggedEdge wrote:

Hi, I am new to all this, just got diagnosis last week, so treatment is still to be discussed and the shock is so fresh. In response to your post, I am 64 years old, and have been married for 45 years to the same wonderful man. We have shared a rich life, filled with ups and downs and my thought on it all is this. I want my husband to find someone if I leave this life, I can't stand the thought of him being alone or lonely. I can't bare to think that he would go to bed alone every night or wake up without anyone to share the day with. He is wonderful and deserves to have as much joy as he can have in this life. He is always supportive of any thing I am personally going through and he will be with me to see me to the end, if my end comes before his. When two people have truly loved each other, no one will ever be able to take your place, because that place is so huge in the other's heart. Love is endless and there is an unlimited supply and demand. I hope you can find peace with this soon, because no matter how long we have, we don't have time to worry about the "what ifs". Love that man with everything in your being for as long as you have with each other.

May 8, 2021 11:33PM Micmel wrote:

Ragged edge~ thank you for the good advice. Sometimes I get wrapped up in my cancer life. I wish I could be who I was for him. He’s a good man. Welcome to the thread. Thank you for sharing. Thank you.

May 8, 2021 11:39PM emac877 wrote:

Candy - so good to hear from you! I am relieved to know you are home.

KittyKat and Booboo1 - I am so impressed that PT comes to your homes! I was discharged home the next day with a brief check by the hospital PT to make sure I could walk with crutches and a walker. No follow up. I requested an order from my primary doctor though and so I did a few weeks outpatient at a local clinic here. Booboo1 I can empathize with wanting to chuck that walker to the pool!

The PET scan went well. I asked if I could see the images but was not allowed to this time around. I think they were running behind. Last time I was able to get a good look at them so I was prepared for the news. I haven't heard anything yet so my philosophy is no news is good news. I have a follow up with my primary care on Tuesday so I will ask her if I don't hear anything sooner. Thank you for the pocket duty. Thinking of you all as always.

Dx 2/8/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 3/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/8/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/26/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Dx 12/4/2019, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Surgery 12/12/2019 Radiation Therapy 12/23/2019 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 1/7/2020 Verzenio Hormonal Therapy 11/11/2020 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant)

May 9, 2021 07:59AM booboo1 wrote:

Emac, fingers and toes crossed that your results are really good.

Hey,I just realized that you are from Oregon. Never been to that state. On my bucket list!

May 9, 2021 08:45AM - edited May 9, 2021 08:54AM by mara51506

Fingers crossed from me as well Emac.

Ragged Edge, you are right, life is short love your life as much as you can before it is gone. Welcome to our room.

Happy Mother's Day to those celebrating their own mother or children.

I admit, I still find it a little difficult but not gut wrenching to think about my mom or those that are gone. Saw a nice picture of my Nana online when my cousing posted pictures of Nana and my Aunt as well. Makes me realize, I really have a lot of that side of the family. My face is a blend of my Mom, Nana and my Aunt. I saved the picture to my favourites so I can see it whenever I want. Just going to walk a few times and do housework and possibly order some fish and chips to treat myself as a tribute to Mom and I.

May 9, 2021 08:49AM - edited May 9, 2021 09:40AM by candy-678

Sunday morning all.

Ok my list this week may be inaccurate. I have not been able to keep up as I usually do. But here goes---

Moth- CT and bone scan results

Intolight- MRI and CT results?? Did I miss them?

Booboo- Continued recovery

BevJen- Continued recovery

Dutchiris- Treatment plan??

emac- scan results

Rosie- MRI Tuesday

I will edit list as needed.

Today is my online church service-- still unsure when I am going back to church with the low counts/Covid stuff. Our church ladies group is meeting again starting this week, monthly. I MAY go to that. About 10 ladies. Can space out. Some have had vaccine, but some not. I would, of course, wear a mask, and sit separate from the group. But, it sounds kind of nice to get together. Have a lesson, prayer, talk. No singing. And I would not hug. But it would be getting out again. And not medical related!!!

May 9, 2021 09:18AM booboo1 wrote:

Mara,

The picture of your Mom is precious. She looks like she was very kind and a most nurturing Mother. You are blessed to have had that kind of relationship. Happy Mother’s Day to her and all of our Moms, whether they are still with us or not.

May 9, 2021 09:29AM Rosie24 wrote:

Hi Candy, Thanks for keeping track of all of our “stuff”. Could you add me for MRI on Tuesday? I hope to see the report on my portal a few days later. MO appointment not until June.

Wishing a Happy Mother’s Day to any moms here, and to those missing their moms. Mine has been gone for 7 years now but I still think about her and miss her every day..

Booboo, BevJen, Emac, thinking good thoughts for you! Moth, IntoLight, Dutchiris, in your pockets this week!

Dx 1/23/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 12/4/2019 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 12/4/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Page 701 of 719 (21,564 results)