Join Us

We are 224,974 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stomach Mets??

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Feb 13, 2020 11:55AM

KSteve wrote:

Although I am 9+ years out from my own diagnosis, this post is about my mom. She was diagnosed, stage 4, about a year a half ago. She had multiple bone mets (currently resolved) and is on femera and ibrance. Her blood work is good. She has been having issues for a couple months when eating. If she doesn't eat slowly with very small bites, she was throwing up occasionally. She began losing weight again, which she can't afford to do (currently about 91 lbs). She had a scope yesterday and they have found a mass in her stomach, and my daughter said that the dr gave her the impression that he thought it was her breast cancer. We will find out the pathology results tomorrow, but I haven't really found anything about stomach mets anywhere. Has anyone heard of this? Or I'm wondering if it might be a new type of cancer. Just confused. Thanks in advance to anyone with any insight.

Dx 9/3/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/20/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 1/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 3/14/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 5/31/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/5/2011 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery 1/22/2014 Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/3/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Feb 13, 2020 12:53PM Gudrun wrote:

Dear KSteve, sorry your mother has to go through this.

To answer your question: Yes, stomac mets from breast cancer do exist, esp. with the lobular type.

Best wishes

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28778379

Myself: dx at 55 in 2013, ILC, stage IIa, G2, ER+/PR-/HER2-, KI67 20%, BMX, Letrozole 5.5 years. Daughter: dx at 28, stopped antihormonals after 2 years to have a baby and restart tx afterwards: Dx 8/2015, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): TUG flap

Feb 13, 2020 12:54PM ShetlandPony wrote:

I’m glad you don’t have to wait too long for the pathology report. If your mom has ILC (lobular breast cancer), mets to the digestive tract would not be unusual. If she has IDC (ductal breast cancer) it would be less likely.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Feb 13, 2020 01:23PM KSteve wrote:

Thanks so much for the reply. She does have IDC, er/pr +, her2 -

Dx 9/3/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/20/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 1/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 3/14/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 5/31/2011 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/5/2011 Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery 1/22/2014 Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/3/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Feb 14, 2020 10:16AM KSteve wrote:

Update: It is confirmed to be a metastisis of the breast cancer and she is IDC. Her oncologist was surprised as well. Surgery is not an option for her but we will have consult with radiation oncologist. Hopefully that will improve her quality of life and improve her eating situation. Thanks for the earlier replies! Hugs to all.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)