Join Us

We are 224,976 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Progression in first months

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jan 13, 2021 10:48PM

CandM wrote:

Hello!

I am writing with hopes to get some input/information on progression of mets in the first few months after original dx.

Breast Cancer in 2018- chemo, surgery and radiation, hormonal therapy.

This October ( late) found bone met to sacrum. Follow up scans negative for metastases elsewhere.

Scans in December found bone mets to skull, then CT found met to liver (one small) met to lung ( 2 small ones) and adrenal gland. A bone scan this past week found more mets to femur and ribs and in around the original sacral tumor.

I guess my question is- does this seem fast or maybe the tumors weren't quite big enough to see on staging scans in October ?

Taxol was started later in December as we were waiting for biopsy results - which actually proved to have changed since 2018 , and now HER 2 +. How long until we see benefit of TAXOL or should we be considering chamging again so soon ? only one complete cycle,

Herceptin and Perjeta as well.

Kindly

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jan 14, 2021 02:25AM illimae wrote:

Candm, I’m sorry I don’t have a clear answer for you. At first I thought, yeah, mets were probably too small to be seen but if you finished treatment in 2018 and these new spots are HER2+, they could be new since HER2 grows fast. Either way Herceptin and perjeta work very well for many of us and should keep things under control for some time. If the time comes when they don’t, there are several other options down the line. Good luck.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/17/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)