Join Us

We are 224,974 members in 83 forums discussing 163,816 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: HER2 liver mets switch to triple negative liver mets

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Jan 29, 2021 06:02PM

FaithAndTrust wrote:

has this happened to anyone..or can anyone advise what options there are for this..?

many thanks in advance

Dx 11/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jan 29, 2021 06:46PM moth wrote:

It's not very unusual for cancer to lose markers as it progresses. There is a liver mets thread you might want to see

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

as well as the triple neg stage IV thread https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

on p 93 of the triple neg stage IV thread, in the 4th post from the top I listed all the treatment options for us https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

generally with triple neg it will chemo &/or immunotherapy

depending on size, location & number of the liver mets (plus your interventional radiologists' experience & treatment guidelines) local therapies such as ablation etc might be an option. We have a thread on liver ablative therapies here: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

Do consider updating your profile so we can see the details of your dx and can provide more tailored info!

best wishes

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/13/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/18/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/25/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/8/2020 External Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy 12/15/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/2/2021 External: Bone

Jan 30, 2021 07:02AM FaithAndTrust wrote:

Dear Moth thank you so much for your prompt response..I am actually posting for a dear friend who does not want to sift thru the forum herself right now as she finds she gets too distressed so I said I would do some research for her.

I will go to page 93 of TN page now and have a look at the treatment options.

she is awaiting genomic testing results before a plan is put in place for her.

many thanks you are always a wealth of information 👍😉

Dx 11/2014, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy

Feb 18, 2021 10:30AM coolbluewater wrote:

this happened to my sister as well. If you look through my post history, you will see she was in a clinical trial which proved effective against the TNBC liver mets. Unfortunately, she had progression in other areas and had to leave the trial but her liver has - knock wood - remained clear.

I wish your friend the best.

For my sister. Currently enrolled in QUILT trial (immunology/chemo/radiation) Previous treatment: herceptin/perjeta until 1/18. Scan clear until 7/18 Dx 7/2015, Stage IIB, ER+/PR+ Dx 7/2017, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Dx 7/2018, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Feb 18, 2021 01:27PM FaithAndTrust wrote:

coolbluewater thank you so much for your reply. I am going to look at your posts now. Great to hear the trial did work for your sisters liver mets 👍

I wish your sister all the very best going forward 🙏

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)