Join Us

We are 225,038 members in 83 forums discussing 163,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Book about what to say to your family when you're dying

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Feb 19, 2021 01:48PM

Sunshine99 wrote:

Hi everyone. I've been scouring these boards trying to find a post. It mentioned a book on the topic of what to say, or things to say to your family when you are dying. I can't find the post and can't find any book quite like that on Amazon. I regret not taking a screen shot of it when I saw it. I'm assuming it was on the Stage IV forum.

Does anyone recall that post? I'd love to take a look at that book if I can find it.

Many thanks,

Carol

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Feb 19, 2021 02:04PM - edited Feb 19, 2021 02:07PM by Snow-drop

I am not sure if I saw here but this is quite popular: “shit you'll need when I'm gone"

I am trying to find it on Amazon, will edit to add once I found.

De Novo stage IV Dx 9/2019, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 19, 2021 02:09PM - edited Feb 20, 2021 02:17PM by Snow-drop

This Post was deleted by Snow-drop.
De Novo stage IV Dx 9/2019, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 19, 2021 04:58PM Sunshine99 wrote:

Oops, I thought I responded, but here goes again. Thank you, Snow-drop, that's not actually the book I was wanting. I did look at that one (Shit You'll Need When I'm Gone) and it had some good information. I've started a few lists for my husband with "Stuff to Know".

The book I thought I saw was (I believe) something along the lines of the conversations we can have with our family members about the progression of our disease and our thoughts and wishes about when we're just too tired to fight any more.

I have a few notes on my computer about some of those thoughts, but I was curious to see what this book might have to offer.

Thanks again :)

Carol

Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, ILC/IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

Feb 20, 2021 02:14PM - edited Feb 20, 2021 02:17PM by Snow-drop

oh you welcome sunshine, I hope I could help with the one you are looking for. I bet the book you wanted is an interesting one, now I am curious so I'll keep an eye on this thread, hopefully someone pops in with the right information soon. Edited: I delete the pic, my previous post, in case not to hurt ad policy.

Feb 21, 2021 01:08PM flashlight wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but I have read this one. With the End in Mind: Dying, Death, and Wisdom in an Age of Denial Paperback – December 18, 2018 by Kathryn Mannix

Dx 11/15/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)