Join Us

We are 225,038 members in 83 forums discussing 163,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Treatment of Metastasis Triple Negative Breast Cancer in India

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: May 25, 2021 04:43AM

vanki wrote:

Where should a person go for the treatment of Metastasis TNBC in India?

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

May 25, 2021 12:30PM moth wrote:

hi vanki, welcome to the board. Sorry you're dealing with this. I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to let you know that 1 of the things we do on this board is discuss treatment plans and options. Usually we are talking based on NCCN guidelines and whatever clinical trials are happening.

https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/content/PDF/stage...

Also we have a thread for stage 4 triple negative where we discuss our treatments.

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

On page 93 of that thread, 4th post from top I have listed all the triple negative systemic treatments commonly used.

If you become familiar with common treatment strategies you will be better able to discuss and decide on a treatment plan with the medical team.

I think ideal is to be treated in a major city with a university/research affiliated hospital because the newest treatments are usually through clinical trials. But being near home and family and friends is also very important.

Hope that helps get you started

I take weekends off

Initial dx at 50. Seriously?? “Sometimes the future changes quickly and completely and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next." blog: Never Tell Me the Odds

Dx 12/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Dx 2/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/18/2020 Taxol (paclitaxel) Immunotherapy 3/19/2020 Tecentriq (atezolizumab) Chemotherapy 11/26/2020 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Dx 12/9/2020, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 12/9/2020 External Hormonal Therapy 12/16/2020 Femara (letrozole) Dx 1/28/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy 3/3/2021 External: Bone

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)