Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Fitztwins is gone... 17 years out

Options

Comments

• icandothis
    icandothis Member Posts: 70
    Options

• icandothis
    Options

This was one Facebook on Sunday:

Janis passed into glory around 9pm this evening. After a 17 year battle with cancer, she was confronted with a fungal infection that took advantage of her weakened immune system. Her final hours were full of love and closure. She was a transformative influence in many lives. We wish that everyone who was touched by Janis could have shared their appreciation, but she heard from enough of you that she felt that love.

• icandothis
    Options

This was one Facebook on Sunday:

Janis passed into glory around 9pm this evening. After a 17 year battle with cancer, she was confronted with a fungal infection that took advantage of her weakened immune system. Her final hours were full of love and closure. She was a transformative influence in many lives. We wish that everyone who was touched by Janis could have shared their appreciation, but she heard from enough of you that she felt that love.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

So sorry to hear this, thanks for posting.

RIP Janis. Condolences to her famil

• beesie.is.out-of-office
    Options

This is absolutely heartbreaking.

My condolences to her husband and her twin boys (young men now)and all who loved her.

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,625
    Options

I still remember her signature: "Enjoy every sandwich." Sigh. I am so glad that she was able to watch her boys grow up. Rest in peace, Fitztwins.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

I’m so shocked and saddened by this news. It’s just such a shock as she seemed to be doing so well. My heart goes out to her family. RIP Janis.

• Lee64
    Lee64 Member Posts: 113
    Options

I remember Fitztwins from when I first joined BCO in 2010 or 2011, She was a warm caring person and I'm sorry to hear of her passing. My deepest sympathy to her family.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,746
    Options

I am stunned! I know she hadn’t been posting regularly in the past couple of years but she did update occasionally. I am so glad she got to see her boys grow up as that was important to her. Rest In Peace Janis and may your memory be a blessing to all who knew and loved her. I am really saddened by her passing.

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    Options

Janis always shared a spunky spirit in her posts and was such an encourager to many over the years. So happy to have been inspired by all that she did. My condolences to her family

• meja
    meja Member Posts: 84
    Options

Heartbreaking news, RIP dear Janis.

When I first joined BCO I read your posts and found so much wisdom and comfort in your words.

Thank you for sharing, inspiring and touching so many 'sisters' ❤️.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,900
    Options

We are so saddened to hear this. Fitztwins was such a valued member here and her absence will very much be felt.

Sending our condolences to her husband and her sons and all who knew and loved her.

Heart

The Mods.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

I am so sad to hear this news. Janis was such a strong presence on these boards, offering encouragement and her sense of humor to all. Like others here, I thought she was doing well. She will be missed. My sympathies go out to her family and loved ones. May they find peace and comfort in her memories

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 493
    Options

I am so sorry to hear this. I too thought Janis was still doing well, but 17 years is a long time to live with MBC. Condolences to her friends and family. I think of Janis every time I make a really good sandwich and will continue to do so. May she rest in peace.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    Options

I am sorry to hear about Janis. She was a source of strength for many of us. I am thankful for her post that her sons had graduated from high school and were thriving.

Love and peace to all who loved her.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,001
    Options

I very much appreciate ICanDoThis for letting us know about Fitztwins. I went ahead and also posted the news on a new thread in the stage iv only section, in case others don’t catch it here. I included a link to her obituary, it mentions some lovely things about Janis if you want to read it. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/881340?page=1#idx_1

I am so sorry to learn about Janis’ passing. Her obituary said she died from a fungal infection. As difficult as it is to hear the news, I am grateful to know Janis lived her life fully and made the most of the time she had. She was such an inspiration to me, to all of us I’m sure.

• sandyaust
    sandyaust Member Posts: 82
    Options

I just found out about Janis’ passing and came here to comment. I feel so shocked and sad. We were both diagnosed in 2004 and we both had identical twin sons who are only six months difference in age. Janis was a special person and I felt connected to her over many years. I am very glad that she was able to be there for her boys to grow into young men. It was such a shock to her in the early years, but she really made the most of her life. She was an inspiration- enjoying every sandwich. RIP Janis.