Join Us

We are 225,737 members in 83 forums discussing 164,196 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My mom was just diagnosed with Stage IV

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Nov 1, 2021 11:28AM

concerned_daughter11 wrote:

Hi all, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. A recent CAT scan shows the cancer has returned to her spine. I'm pretty numb and not sure where to go from here. I just wanted to get this off my chest. We have an appointment with her onc tomorrow to discuss next steps.

Dx 3/2019, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 11/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 10/2021, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy Verzenio Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Nov 1, 2021 01:43PM - edited Nov 1, 2021 01:44PM by KBL

Concerned, I'm sorry about your mom. The beginning of this is the hardest until your mom has a treatment plan. Many of us are still here. after many years, myself included. It's been eight years for me, and I'm still here. I was diagnosed de novo, which means Stage IV from the start. If you look at the active topics, there is a Stage IV support meeting we have every Monday from 2-3 Eastern, which is moving to 2:00-3:30 soon because we all like being with each other and asking questions.

Also, the mods are starting a caregiver support group as well, which I believe starts on November 9. This group will be for people in the family or others so that they have support. Maybe you can sign up and see if you like getting support from others in your position. It's a great place to get information and ask questions.

Having support is so wonderful. I hope you and/or your mother can join the groups.

Missed diagnosis from 8/2013 - De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/26/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Nov 1, 2021 10:31PM concerned_daughter11 wrote:

KBL thank you for your kind words. 8 years that certainly is great. I just signed up for the caregiver meeting and I'll share the support group information with my mom!

Dx 3/2019, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 11/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 10/2021, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy Verzenio Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Nov 2, 2021 04:17AM KBL wrote:

concerned, I hope it helps to be with other caregivers and that your mom joins us for our meeting. It is a great support.

Missed diagnosis from 8/2013 - De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/26/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Nov 8, 2021 12:51PM booksnbikes wrote:

Concerned, just wanted to pop in to say I'm sending you good vibes during this really crappy time. My mom was Dx Stage IV in August, and the early days were really tough for me emotionally and mentally, as her caregiver. I hope you are finding some time to take care of yourself in addition to your mom. ❤️

Daughter (38F) to MBC Thriver (69F) diagnosed August 2021 Dx 8/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Nov 9, 2021 08:34PM concerned_daughter11 wrote:

booksnbikes - Thank you for the kind words. It definitely is a crappy time. Hopefully all is going well for you and your mom as well.

Nov 10, 2021 10:26AM KBL wrote:

Concerned, I hope you were able to join the caregiver group. I’m thinking of you.

Booksnbikes, I’m sorry you’re having to go through this too.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)