Join Us

We are 225,737 members in 83 forums discussing 164,196 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Swollen bilateral axillary lymph nodes post mastectomy

Forum: Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer, Open to All To Contribute —

Topics here are started by members with a Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer diagnosis, but open to all members to contribute to discussions. Please note that there is a separate forum, Stage IV/Metastatic Breast Cancer ONLY, where topics are open only to those members.

Posted on: Nov 18, 2021 10:00PM

Digezy wrote:

I had a mastectomy only on my right side late June 2021. Had revision surgery 5 weeks ago. My calcium level in my blood has been elevated all year so my oncologist ordered a CT scan and bone scan. CT came back with swollen bilateral axillary lymph nodes. My oncologist wants to see me first thing Monday morning. I had 3 sentinel nodes removed during June's surgery and they were free of cancer. I'm scared it's cancer again. My scans were clear for all kinds of cancers (brain,lung,anything in pelvis or abdomen). I have no illnesses or infection or conditions that would cause enlarged lymph nodes. anyone have any experience with this?
thanks!

Dx 5/3/2021, LCIS/DCIS/IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Nov 19, 2021 10:58AM MinusTwo wrote:

Digezy - Lots of things can cause swollen lymph nodes. Hope your doc can give you positive answers Monday. You know the drill - try to find things to distract yourself over the weekend.

In the mean time, I see you posted this on three different threads. It usually works better to stick to one thread so people can answer & follow your progress.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)