Topic: Covid-19?

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Mar 11, 2020 10:31PM

Posted on: Mar 11, 2020 10:31PM

yuuki wrote:

Increasingly, it's feeling like the elephant in the middle of the room. So, I thought I would open a thread where we can air our concerns, frustrations, fears, and nervous humor about the SARS-CoV2 virus and give each other support. Do you work, and can you work from home? Kids in school? Are you practicing "social distancing" and to what degree? Are your family members and caregivers doing the same? What are the practical considerations and concerns you deal with on a daily basis? Is there an outbreak near you?

I'm hoping we can come here to support each other, commiserate, and get through it together. It would certainly help me.

Blessings and waves - from 6 feet away - to all of you.

Yuuki

Page 6 of 20 (192 results)

Mar 16, 2020 11:37AM moderators wrote:

And please take a look at our article as well. We will continue to update: Coronavirus: What People With Breast Cancer Need to Know

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Mar 16, 2020 11:59AM ruthbru wrote:

Now might be a good time to contact your senators and ask that they pass the CoronaVirus Response Act that has been sent over to them by the House of Representatives, and that President Trump has already promised to sign.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 16, 2020 12:54PM - edited Mar 16, 2020 01:14PM by Murphity

Welp. I am newly-diagnosed and in a coronavirus hot zone. As in, people one mile from my house have it. People at my work have it. Recently found out I am HER2 positive and am wondering how safe it is to go on a biologic (herceptin) now. Waiting to hear back from oncologist. Mostly just venting because I have these two awful things going on at the same time. But would also be interested in hearing your experiences if your doctor has altered your treatment plan due to coronavirus.

For those of you not yet effected by COVID I would strongly suggest to have your workplace start making remote-work preparations now, if that is an option for you. Our company delayed prep and it caused a lot of problems.

Dx 2/28/2020, IDC, Left, Stage IA, ER+/PR+, HER2+,

Mar 16, 2020 01:18PM yuuki wrote:

Hang in there, Murphity, and you are welcome to vent here. I have cases close to me, too, and the number is rapidly increasing even though we’re not (yet) in a hot zone. Some of the diagnosed are healthcare workers and university students, and since it seems only very ill people are being tested, this suggests it’s pretty widespread.

I know a number of people whose workplaces have gone remote, and others that could but so far haven’t. I think they are waiting for an order, even though we all know what to do. Hopefully they will act while there is time to make a difference.

This community is one way we can support each other, and I hope we can exchange ideas here to do that as we move forward. I think Santabarbara is right...this could be a while.

Yuuk

Mar 16, 2020 01:37PM marijen wrote:

First participant in coronavirus vaccine trial given dose

From CNN's Michael Nedelman

A novel coronavirus vaccine trial in the US has now given a dose to its first participant, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases announced Monday.

The study aims to enroll a total of 45 healthy adults over a six-week time frame. Each participant will receive two injections about a month apart in varying doses.

The study, which is a Phase I trial, is meant to establish that the vaccine is safe and induces a desired response from participants' immune systems. Proving that the vaccine is effective in preventing COVID-19 infection, however, will require follow-up studies involving many more participants, which will take many more months, experts say.

"Finding a safe and effective vaccine to prevent infection with [the novel coronavirus] is an urgent public health priority," NIAID Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said in a statement Monday. "This Phase 1 study, launched in record speed, is an important first step toward achieving that goal."

The trial is funded by NIAID and run out of the Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute in Seattle. The vaccine, which uses genetic material called messenger RNA, was developed by NIAID scientists in collaboration with the biotech company Moderna.

The agency credited the speed with which it stood up a Phase I trial to its prior studies on related coronaviruses SARS and MERS. Scientists had previously worked on an experimental MERS vaccine targeting a protein on the virus' surface, which gave them a "head start for developing a vaccine candidate to protect against COVID-19," the statement said.

Mar 16, 2020 02:18PM bevjen wrote:

One of my neighbors circulated this article in our neighborhood website. It's long but very informative, so passing it along. Very statistical modeling heavy.

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

It definitely explains why we need social distancing and how it will affect overall events of covid 19.

Microwave Ablations of the Liver: 7/2019; 10/2020; 12/2020 Radiation Therapy for Bone Mets to Femur (Both sides) April 2021 Dx 11/2003, ILC, Left, Stage IIIC, 13/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2006, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+, HER2- Dx 5/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/4/2019 Targeted Therapy 7/31/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Immunotherapy Radiation Therapy Surgery Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Pedicled TRAM flap Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Pedicled TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Pedicled TRAM flap Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Mar 17, 2020 11:53PM - edited Mar 27, 2020 10:12AM by serenitystat

This Post was deleted by serenitystat.
🌻 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ BCO leaked our private data. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐢Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- β˜•οΈ12/2015.L.Mast πŸ›€2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted πŸ–Ό9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts πŸ₯10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva πŸ•Š

Mar 18, 2020 01:43AM marijen wrote:

It doesn’t sound to me that the US is going to be asaggressive about testing. I hope I’m wrong.

Mar 18, 2020 09:48AM - edited Mar 27, 2020 10:12AM by serenitystat

🌻 πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦ BCO leaked our private data. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐢Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- β˜•οΈ12/2015.L.Mast πŸ›€2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted πŸ–Ό9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts πŸ₯10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva πŸ•Š

Mar 18, 2020 09:50AM - edited Mar 27, 2020 10:05AM by serenitystat

Page 6 of 20 (192 results)

Scroll to top button