A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2020 03:51PM - edited Mar 20, 2020 04:09PM by Moderators
Thank you for being a member of Breastcancer.org Community.
Your involvement in this community matters now more than ever. With millions of people around the world practicing social distancing, we want to remind you that there's no better place than our online Community to restore hope, sanity, and support -- we are all here for you! Most importantly, remember you are not alone.
Please connect with others here about whatever is on your mind during these uncertain times, and feel free to reach out to us Mods. We might have to physically socially distance ourselves, but this is a place where we can strengthen our connections virtually.
During these unprecedented times, Breastcancer.org will also continue to do what we do best – help you make sense of the complex and sometimes quickly-evolving information you need to understand to make the best decisions about your health and connect you with each other for support and community.We are committed to being here for you throughout this developing situation with regularly-updated information about the coronavirus and its impact on your life. Together, we will lean on each other and do our part to overcome this crisis.
--The ModsLog in to post a reply
Page 1 of 1 (11 results)
Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)
Jan 22, 2021 01:14AM Bellz wrote:
There were some issues with Moderna and facial fillers in the cheeks and lips during the test study. I have asked my County Health authority about this and if I should get the shot with breast implants. There only response was I should wait. No idea how long to wait...or what I am waiting for. I had 11 surgeries in 9 months in 2009. I stopped anymore surgeries with the plastic surgeon. They hadn't quite finished what they had planned but I was finished.
I am now concerned about getting immunized against covid and having a bad reaction with my implants. It is possible that I could receive the vaccine pretty soon where I live. Anyone have any input or advice where I might look for answers about this?
Jan 22, 2021 06:00AM Traveltext wrote:
"After careful review of all available evidence, our clinical experts have determined both COVID-19 vaccines authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration are safe and recommended for former and current cancer patients,"
Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.
Jan 22, 2021 02:29PM MinusTwo wrote:
Great summary TravelText. Thanks for posting.
Jan 22, 2021 08:31PM Purpleb3 wrote:
Today I met with a highly respected oncology radiologist who said she is confident that the vaccines are safe for me to get at anytime before, during or after my radiation treatment
Feb 17, 2021 03:38AM AquaD wrote:
I’m curious if any of you received the Covid vaccine while undergoing Chemo. Just wondering if it is beneficial to wait 2 weeks after treatment and 1 week prior to the next treatment so that my Immune system has a chance to strengthen. Worried about receiving the vaccine with an already weakened immune system. I’m having to take injections of Zarzio for a week after chemo to rebuild WBC as they tanked after my 1st round and I had to be hospitalized. Appreciate any experiences you may have had.
Feb 17, 2021 01:51PM Nsbrown54 wrote:
AquaD - I’m doing HP and letrozole. My MO recommended the covid vaccine. I’ve had both shots and timed it so that it was in an off chemo week. No side effects from first shot, but was tired and achy from the 2nd one the day after. Best of luck
Feb 18, 2021 03:46AM AquaD wrote:
thank you for the info. It is helpful!
Feb 18, 2021 07:03AM purple32 wrote:
Page 1 of 1 (11 results)