Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need feedback on staying connected to caregivers

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus —

A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 28, 2020 10:19AM

Moderators wrote:

Hey All,

Our editorial team is developing an article for those of you who depend on caregivers who don't live with you.

How have you been handling visits from caregivers? Have some physical visits become virtual?

Have caregivers "virtually" accompanied you to your doctor's appointments?

Do you have any safety/distancing strategies for when you do need a physical visit from a caregiver to your home?

Let us know how this has been going for you! Please be as detailed as you would like.

Thank you!
The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 1, 2020 09:51AM Moderators wrote:

Bumping this.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 1, 2020 08:20PM - edited Sep 1, 2020 08:25PM by Seilien

Other people are better than me because they visit me with a mask, wash their hands, hands sanitize. I stay home and also been tested though. My mom has no regard of who she's been around and she works in a restaurant. I'm sure she washes her hands but when I imagine the rest of the people she interacts with but she has to wear a mask, plastic shield and gloves. Everyone from Chicago is super careful. She has gone to 1dr visit with me but she was 1st asked to wait in the car but I needed someone with me.

Also get calls and texts a lot.

Honestly i don't know how to tell her visit less lol

Dx 7/30/2018, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 6/1/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Brain Surgery 11/22/2019 Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 7/28/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Surgery 8/28/2020 Reconstruction (left)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)