Join Us

We are 224,267 members in 83 forums discussing 163,473 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Breast Cancer Screening Declined Sharply When Pandemic Started

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus —

A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Jul 29, 2021 03:08PM

Moderators wrote:

Breast Cancer Screening Declined Sharply When Pandemic Started
July 23, 2021

A new study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention echoes the results of other studies: Breast cancer screening rates dropped dramatically at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, especially among women of certain racial and ethnic groups. Read more...

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 29, 2021 03:55PM flashlight wrote:

My MO said this was true last year. She said everyone was thinking about putting off their mammograms and she was glad I decided to get it done. I'm not sure it had anything to do with certain racial or ethnic groups. Most were just afraid of getting Covid. I found it worked out better for me because of the limited number allowed in to the hospital for each appointment.

Dx 11/15/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Jul 29, 2021 06:26PM LivinLife wrote:

My annual mammogram, coinciding with my second 6 month diagnostic mammo, was canceled by the breast care center due to the pandemic.... Rescheduled for July 2020 and DCIS was found. thankfully they didn't cancel that too.

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)