Topic: Vaccine booster

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 10, 2021 03:07PM

Posted on: Aug 10, 2021 03:07PM

finallyoverit wrote:

Hi everyone,

I saw my MO yesterday for a normal, check-in visit and to get results of a recent scan (all stable! 😁). I asked him if I was offered a booster vaccine (received the Pfizer vaccine many months ago and had no ill effects) should I take it. He said yes, even though I’m not considered immunocompromised, he said it wouldn’t be a bad thing to take it.

Just throwing it out there for anyone that might be wondering the same thing. This is just my MOs take on it, but I will say he trained at MD Anderson and teaches the fellows at John’s Hopkins. The 3rd or booster shot isn’t a “thing” yet, but I wanted to get his opinion in the event that I’m offered it. I was really on the fence. I don’t have any strong feeling about not taking it, but wanted to make sure that it would be something that would benefit me before accepting it.

Take care, all!

Dx 10/2011, IDC, Stage IIA, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/2017, Stage IV, metastasized to bone

Page 16 of 16 (153 results)

Jul 20, 2022 08:45PM bcincolorado wrote:

I've had 3 shots now and DH has had 4 since he is a transplant patient. We go grocery shopping but when we go we go when there is NO ONE in the store and we see no one but our checker who is vaccinated and we wear ours as well. We know the store well and get what we need and get in and out fast and stock up and avoid going but once every few weeks at the most. Even with the boosting you can get break through cases we know and it is too risky to be around anyone. We live in our house and stare out windows or walk in the mornings where we see no one. May not eber be able to go n a vaation again in my lifetime. We "travel" on PBS travel shows.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 20, 2022 09:16PM lef wrote:

I was able to get the new booster -- along with a flu shot -- 2 weeks before I started chemo. I haven't had any significant problems with prior jabs, but, FWIW, I had nothing at all with the booster except slight soreness on my vaccine arm that lasted less than 24 hours. YMMV.

Was Taxotere and Cytoxan; now Abraxane and Cytoxan. Surgery 7/28/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 9/20/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Chemotherapy 9/20/2022 Other Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Left breast

Sep 20, 2022 09:46PM nkb wrote:

so happy to hear this. No Moderna available where I am so I have to wait- think I will go get a flu vaccine while I wait

Dx 12/2011, ILC, Both breasts, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 34/40 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/4/2012 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 2/28/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/11/2012 Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 5/2017, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 6/1/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Targeted Therapy 3/13/2019 Afinitor (everolimus) Hormonal Therapy 3/13/2019 Aromasin (exemestane) Chemotherapy 3/10/2020 Xeloda (capecitabine) Targeted Therapy 9/13/2022 Enhertu (fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan-nxki)

Page 16 of 16 (153 results)

Scroll to top button