Topic: Rant away about COVID, the vaccine, etc.

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 10:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 07:56PM by kbl

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 10:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 07:56PM by kbl

kbl wrote:

Covid discussion.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Other

Page 26 of 71 (709 results)

Aug 30, 2021 01:12PM - edited Aug 30, 2021 01:13PM by exbrnxgrl

And more info on the efficacy, or lack there of, of Ivermectin. I don't mean to suggest that further research should not be done but please rely on what is currently known. Merck would be jumping for joy and doing cartwheels if they felt, based on what is now known, Ivermectin worked, but notice, they are not and they are specifically warning against it!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34318930/

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 30, 2021 01:18PM serenitystat wrote:

Read what AMG2 wrote about the mRNA vaccines.

BCO leaked our private data. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ . . . . . "Do not overlook the little joys!" (Hesse, 1905) 🐶Dx.11/2015.IDC.L.IIIC.10/11nodes.++- ☕️12/2015.L.Mast 🛀2/2016.4AC.12Taxol.fasted 🖼9/2016.Rads.Nodes.ChestWall.15+4boosts 🥐10/2016.Tamox(2.5y) 🌲4/2019.Exemestane 🎭12/2019.Ibrance/Xgeva 🕊

Aug 30, 2021 01:20PM - edited Aug 30, 2021 01:28PM by muska

Thank you, Olma. So the Pope waited till August 18th. What about the US Churches? Are they debating what “Love your neighbor as yourself" means during the pandemic?

Dx at 54 Dx 5/9/2013, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/13/2013, LCIS, Both breasts Surgery 6/13/2013 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 7/25/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/20/2014 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Local Metastases 3/23/2014 Radiation therapy: Bone

Aug 30, 2021 01:30PM elderberry wrote:

moth: as someone who would have made a wonderful nurse had it not been for MBC, you know the older you get the less robust your immune system is. I think that is also what you were saying. A vaccine is never as fully effective on an old fart like me as it is on say a 20-year old. Boosters will be necessary. Like the annual flu shot. I am not putting all my faith in the Pfizer vaccine. I still wear a mask and practice social distancing. Okay - I might carry he virus in my nose. It never made it to my lungs to make me sick but I could sneeze and infect an unvaccinated person. I wear my masks for others . It is the civically, socially responsible thing to do. In Asia people who feel unwell but have to go out wear masks. They were doing that long before Covid-19.

muska: I can't remember the state (Mississippi, Missouri...?) where the Governor stated his state's population weren't afraid of Covid because they believe in "Eternal Life" I think a tiny portion in my brain exploded. Okay - believe in Heaven if you wish but do you want to go at age 30 or at age 85?

I am staggered that people don't want "poison" from the vaccine to be put in their bodies but they will take a parasite medication to cure a VIRAL infection. It is dewormer,. The corona is a virus NOT A WORM. I weigh 120 lbs, roughly, and I would take an apple flavoured paste meant for animal that can weight up to 1,000 lbs, sometimes more? Not hardly. Yes, ivermectin is used on humans, in very low doses for parasitical infections in places where worms in human intestines flourish.

The trick with monoclonal antibody treatment is that it has to be used early on. Human tendency is to say "I feel lousy but I'll wait and see if I feel better, if I don't then I'll talk to my doctor about monoclonals" By then, it could be too late.

De Novo - this isn't a "brave battle" - it is a "furious struggle" Dx 3/6/2019, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver, HER2+ Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 30, 2021 01:33PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

muska,

Not being tuned in to the church/Christian world, I thought I’d comment on a non-Christian religion. As many of you know, Israel has been a leader in vaccine research and has strongly pushed all citizens to be vaccinated. Like many religions, the most orthodox practitioners are often the most skeptical about the modern world and science. For those not familiar with Judaism the words Hasidim, Haredi, or ultra-Orthodox denote people whose practice is far more conservative than most Jews in the modern world and they are a minority within Judaism. Brei Brak is a very orthodox area.Here is how Israel convinced their Haredi population to get vaccinated.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/22/988812635/how-israel-persuaded-reluctant-ultra-orthodox-jews-to-get-vaccinated-against-cov

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 30, 2021 02:43PM - edited Aug 30, 2021 02:52PM by olma61

Muska - I can't speak for any of the many non-Catholic Christian denominations in the US and what they might tell their congregations. But the messaging I recall from the US Catholic bishops when the vaccines were first rolled out is - pro-life people who had concerns about fetal cell lines being used to develop the vaccines should not worry and should go ahead and get the vaccine because any research using fetal cell lines was tangential to the actual development of the vaccines. I don't think that Catholics could get religious exemptions then and definitely won't now. since the Pope has spoken.

exbrnxgrl- very sad story about the death of thepregnant mother

10/30/2017 Xgeva for bone mets 5/31/2018 Taxol finished! "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right” - Kierkegaard Dx 8/3/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/30/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/30/2019 External Local Metastases 5/30/2019 Radiation therapy: Bone

Aug 30, 2021 02:51PM eviec1 wrote:

About US Churches....I have read debate elsewhere online and apparently the argument being made (one can debate whether the argument is sincere or not...) is the issue of aborted fetal cells in vaccine development. To be clear: I have no idea of the validity of this nor do I particularly care (I am absolutely pro-vaccine, fetal cells or not), but this is an argument I have seen from very religious people who are against the vaccine.

Dx 5/13/2021, DCIS, Right, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 5/13/2021, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/7/2021 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right)

Aug 30, 2021 02:56PM muska wrote:

So basically there appears to be more love for the presumably “aborted” fetal cells (fiction)than for the millions of living and breathing neighbors.

Dx at 54 Dx 5/9/2013, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/13/2013, LCIS, Both breasts Surgery 6/13/2013 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 7/25/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/20/2014 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 3/12/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Local Metastases 3/23/2014 Radiation therapy: Bone

Aug 30, 2021 03:01PM eviec1 wrote:

Muska, but isn't that often the case of many who are very conservative - pro-life when it comes to the unborn, but not very pro-life when it comes to providing the social safety nets needed to sustain the lives of those who already exist in the world?

Dx 5/13/2021, DCIS, Right, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 5/13/2021, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/7/2021 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right)

Aug 30, 2021 03:03PM runor wrote:

So much! So much!

Beesie, thank you for the charts. I do not doubt there have been excess deaths. I would want to understand better what caused those deaths and the demographics. I would want to understand how those deaths converted to life years lost. It might have been included somewhere but I missed it. I think those excess deaths are being blamed on the Unwashed as if 100% they can be traced back to quacks not vaccinating. At this point a large number of those deaths might be deaths of despair. And as you say missed treatments or diagnosis by people staying home worried that they would burden a hospital. It is equally as likely that the mismanagement of this whole pandemic is to blame. Those charts are like cakes, as an end result they hide the many ingredients that went into them. The harms of lockdowns are coming to light, although our govt, run by an ass, would never have the humility to admit such a thing. There is much yet to be sussed out in those charts and I do not see them as a conclusion that draws a straight line to 'the entire world must be vaccinated'. Like I have said over and over, I am NOT anti-vax.

I think EXBRNX girl made an extremely relevant comment about being risk averse.  Bang on!   If people took a moment to be honest about the risks they blandly accept every day, they would discover that they are not risk averse at all. To live a relatively normal life, you have to get in bed with ALL KINDS of risk. Everyone shouting that Safety First should be forced on everyone are people who themselves have turned a blind eye to the fact that everyday they make deliberate choices that make them unsafe! It is (to me) the height of staggering hypocrisy to get in your car and drive anywhere, or get on a plane (they fall out of the sky for pete's sake!) or take a drink of alcohol which acts as a poison in the human body, the howl about covid putting everyone at risk. We are filthy with risk but ignorance to that truth makes it easy to shine the light if virtue when you decide that covid risk is the ONE risk that is too BIG for you to risk. So my question has been and still is, compared to all the other risks I take every day, compared to all the other things that are likely to kill me or possibly could kill me, where does covid stack up? This question gets to the heart of the matter for me. I am still not certain of the answer! It could go either way. I'm still watching and listening. But where my line is drawn hard is that MY idea of my risk tolerance never, ever, ever allows me to run over the my neighbour and steal something from him or harm him to sooth my panic. I do not get to be a tyrant over my personal urgency. Maybe some people reading my posts do not know that in our province vax passports will shortly be required. This is, to my way of seeing the world, a massive shit eating move by our governments and a direct violation of what Canada holds sacred. 

Story. In our town there used to be a large concrete planter outside a bank. The natives used to sit there and talk and do whatever. It was their spot. One day there were sharp boards placed on the planter. No one could sit there anymore. I thought, what the actual fuck!  Because it was a vicious move deliberately aimed at the natives. Prejudice. Discrimination. Targeted hostility. I went straight to a buddy who is on town council and said, what the hell is this city thinking! That is offensive as hell! He said, well the natives litter and they intimidate other citizens......  Intimidate? There has not been one single case of assault EVER by any of those people sitting in the shade on the planter. None. Ever. Just because someone FEELS intimidated does not actually mean they are!  The presence of a native as you walk by does not mean you will be beaten and raped. Our town council acted as if that was a known fact. This is how I see people reacting to the covid issue. It is something that 'might' kill them. Might. Is your risk assessment  correct? Is it true? Could the natives be handled differently? Could covid? We know some people are at risk of covid and have provided a vaccine. I am angry over singling out one segment of our town population and criminalizing them for something that they are not guilty of, merely suspected of, and then acting against them in an unforgivable manner. I am enraged that I am surrounded by people who are more than happy to discriminate, segregate, condemn and step on someone else in their rush to feel safe. 

Past that I can't keep all the rocks being thrown at me straight in my head, I apologize. I would need to take notes! 

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 26 of 71 (709 results)

Scroll to top button