Join Us

We are 224,966 members in 83 forums discussing 163,805 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Rant away about COVID, the vaccine, etc.

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus —

A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 10:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 07:56PM by KBL

KBL wrote:

Covid discussion.

Missed diagnosis from 8/2013 - De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Page 3 of 24 (709 results)

Posts 61 - 90 (709 total)

Aug 28, 2021 06:41PM Beesie wrote:

KBL, as I noted, the article I posted was 2 years old, and it notes that the list of trials was as of May 5th 2017.

For a more up-to-date list, go to the Clinical Trials website and input "Breast Cancer" and "mRNA". When I did that, 74 trials came up. I downloaded a PDF of the list of trials; it's 12 pages long so this is just one page:

Here's a link to my search:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=Breast+Cancer&term=mRNA&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=

Dx 9/15/2005 Right, 7cm+, DCIS-Mi, Stage IA, Gr 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR- ** Dx 01/16/2019 Left, 8mm, IDC, Stage IA, Gr 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) ** Surgery 11/30/2005 MX Right, 03/06/2019 MX Left ** Hormonal Therapy 05/2019 Letrozole

Aug 28, 2021 06:45PM Olma61 wrote:

I have to say I’m surprised when I see reports of health care settings where masks aren’t being worn.

Every medical office, cancer center, hospital, etc that I’ve been to is enforcing masking for both patients and workers.

Not just oncology units - everywhere, including the hospital lobby

10/30/2017 Xgeva for bone mets 5/31/2018 Taxol finished! "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right” - Kierkegaard Dx 8/3/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/30/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/30/2019 External: Bone

Aug 28, 2021 06:48PM KBL wrote:

Beesie, I will do that. Thank you.

Missed diagnosis from 8/2013 - De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Targeted Therapy 6/24/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 6/24/2019 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 28, 2021 07:17PM KBL wrote:

I do have a question. I have tried to figure out the VAERS system, but it doesn’t play nice with a smartphone.

Why do the news stations only report deaths? Why can’t we hear stories of survival? Why can’t they report how many have died after receiving the vaccine? Why can’t they report adverse reactions and what they were? Why do they have to make it so difficult for a layperson to find this information? I am trying to find reputable sources other than the CDC and WHO. Are there any other reputable sources? I don’t want media stations. As I said, they report death and make it look like anyone who gets it dies. I will have to try to go on my laptop and see if I can figure out the VAERS system.

Aug 28, 2021 07:18PM KBL wrote:

I do have a question. I have tried to figure out the VAERS system, but it doesn’t play nice with a smartphone.

Why do the news stations only report deaths? Why can’t we hear stories of survival? Why can’t they report how many have died after receiving the vaccine? Why can’t they report adverse reactions and what they were? Why do they have to make it so difficult for a layperson to find this information? Those questions are regarding news media.

I am trying to find reputable sources other than the CDC and WHO. Are there any other reputable sources? I don’t want media stations. As I said, they report death and make it look like anyone who gets it dies. I will have to try to go on my laptop and see if I can figure out the VAERS system.

Aug 28, 2021 07:37PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 07:55PM by exbrnxgrl

KBL,

What sources other than the CDC or WHO would you consider acceptable/reliable? Off the top of my head, I couldn't think of any other comprehensive, national/international health agencies that would fit the bill. As far as VAERS goes, it may be a starting point for spotting trends but it has one enormous problem…anyone can report adverse reactions on VAERS without verification.

“Anyone can report events to VAERS (vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html) and a disclaimer on the CDC's website says: "The reports may contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable" (here ). When downloading the data, users are presented with a further disclaimer that the data do not include information from investigations into reported cases. The disclaimer also says "the inclusion of events in VAERS data does not imply causality" (here ).

Reuters explored this lack of causality in other fact check articles visible here , here and here .

Missing context. The posts show number of VAERS death reports out of context to falsely claim that thousands of U.S. vaccine recipients who died after getting the vaccine died as a result of getting the vaccine."
Additionally, this statement appears as part of the disclaimer on the VAERS site:

“While very important in monitoring vaccine safety, VAERS reports alone cannot be used to determine if a vaccine caused or contributed to an adverse event or illness.“

So although I think it is helpful in finding unexpected trends, inaccurate, incomplete, coincidental, and unverifiable are clear caveats to the reader that reaching conclusions based on their data does not imply causality. More importantly, unverifiable is a big red flag.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Aug 28, 2021 07:56PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 07:57PM by KBL

Thank you, exbrnxgirl. I am trying to find credible information. I will keep researching WHO and CDC, along with trying to find more credible information. I was just looking at a chart of where I live and New York. If it's correct, they have around 9 million people who are not vaccinated, and my state has 11 million. I would have thought with the vaccine mandate in New York, their vaccinated number would have been much higher. They have 19.5 million people and we have 21.5 million. Again, that's if it's a credible chart.

Why does the CDC point you to the VAERS system if it’s not really accurate

Aug 28, 2021 08:27PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 08:28PM by Olma61

I think I saw a question above, the gist of which was -how can people who mistrust the vaccine trust a horse de-wormer.

A few thoughts - I'm not an Ivermectin advocate but first, Ivermectin is an approved anti-parasitic medication for use by humans, both here in the USA and worldwide. It is also used in animals and the animal version is over the counter, unlike the human version.

Ivermectin, to my knowledge, first became associated with COVID therapy because reports from India and Argentina indicated that it *might* be effective. I just visited clinicaltrials.gov and did a search for

Condition: COVID 19

Other terms: Ivermectin

And a bunch of results come up from around the world. If I narrow the search to United States, I still see current trials that are currently recruiting. So, the idea that an anti parasitical medication *may* possibly be effective is perhaps not that far fetched?

At least, some researchers think it's a hypothesis worth falsifying. That is what science does.

Again, I'm not advocating or agreeing with Ivermectin-for-COVID advocates, whom I believe are misguided at best and unscrupulous at worst. I'm just saying, this is where the idea came from.

So anyway, why are some people taking it in the veterinary formula? Because it's over the counter.

When you can't get a doctor to prescribe what you want, or can't afford it, you do what you feel is necessary.

The sad reality is...it is fairly common for uninsured people to take veterinary medications if they can't afford prescription pharmaceuticals . I know someone who ordered veterinary antibiotics off Amazon because she couldn't afford to see a doctor. Wasn't me...I wouldn't do that. The worst I've ever done was use an old tube of toradex (eye antibiotic) on my infected finger. My point is - it might not be the first time taking vet meds for some of these people, out of necessity. And see also, the aforementioned dog dewormer.

They fear the vaccine but they don't fear a simple generic drug that they know hasn't killed their livestock. That, I believe, is the logic.

I think it's better to try to understand people's fears and motivations rather than scoff at them. Not saying anyone here does that...I do see a lot of it on social media though. If people in power want to overcome vaccine hesitancy, understanding and clear unbiased information, should be the message.

10/30/2017 Xgeva for bone mets 5/31/2018 Taxol finished! "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right” - Kierkegaard Dx 8/3/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/30/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/30/2019 External: Bone

Aug 28, 2021 08:35PM wrenn wrote:

Mini rant...I wonder how much of the anti vax movement in the US is related to the shitty health care system? I HATE that people can't get what they need without having to worry about money. This site has opened my eyes to this and it is heart breaking. I was sad at first but now I'm just mad. As if medical issues aren't stressful enough.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Aug 28, 2021 08:41PM Olma61 wrote:

Doctors choosing not to treat the unvaccinated- are they refusing to treat people they think might be contagious or are they choosing not to treat people as punishment?

Personally, I have not heard credible reports of this actually happening but I have seen plenty of mean people online saying it should happen.

If a health care worker is afraid someone is contagious they could require a COVID test before treating the person.

But to refuse to treat because you disapprove of their behavior? Where do we draw the line on that? You smoked for 20 years so no lung cancer treatment? You drank so no liver transplant...okay, we actually do that but they aren’t denied all care and it isn’t up to provider to decide where they are placed on a transplant list. You’re obese,,,too bad about your heart disease.

You smoke in bed...firefighters won’t help you if your house burns down. A stupid choice, no doubt. But that person still receives services where I’m from

Aug 28, 2021 08:44PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

KBL,

VAERS is a passive reporting system whose data base is really aimed at medical researchers. It seems obvious to me i.e. unverified info, that it is not intended to be a consumer source of information or to confirm that a vaccine caused an adverse event. Here’s some additional info:

• The federal government's Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System helps researchers collect data on vaccine after-effects and to detect patterns that may warrant a closer look.
  • VAERS is designed as an open system, where anyone can submit a report, and the reports are widely accessible. The reports are not verified, and incomplete VAERS data is often used in conjunction with false claims about vaccine safety.
  • The CDC cautions that VAERS results are not enough to determine whether a vaccine causes a particular adverse event.
  • For the COVID-19 vaccines, VAERS has received a flood of reports and become especially potent fuel for misinformation.
Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Aug 28, 2021 08:49PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

olma,

Did you see my comment above re: Louisiana? The governor as well as several public health and safety officials were very clear that rescuers would not endanger their own lives nor make rescues a priority for those who did not heed evacuation orders. Isn’t that in the same vein? I think that’s perfectly fair by the way.

Aug 28, 2021 08:52PM debbew wrote:

Olma61 wrote:

Doctors choosing not to treat the unvaccinated- are they refusing to treat people they think might be contagious or are they choosing not to treat people as punishment?

Personally, I have not heard credible reports of this actually happening but I have seen plenty of mean people online saying it should happen.

I don't think it's very common, but here is a report of one: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alabama-docto...

Aug 28, 2021 08:55PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 08:55PM by Olma61

is this a current situation or was this during Hurricane Katrina? I know there wer a lot of people who criticized the way Katrina was handled at every level. I also read about hospitalized patients who were left to die in the floods because it was difficult to move them. Many people disagree with the handling of that particular aspect,also.

Aug 28, 2021 08:57PM KBL wrote:

Wrenn, we definitely don’t have a great medical system, and insurance is ridiculous. My husband works at a big company. We have a high deductible account. We pay. over $4,000 in premiums, the first $3,000 at 100%, and 80/20 until we hit $8,000. I hit that in July. On top of that, I have been denied medical tests as unnecessary. I have lobular. It’s so sneaky. Thank you, insurance person who has no clue about my disease. I’m with you about the crappy medical system. I don’t know what the answer is there.

Love your post, Olma.

As far as Delta charging a $200-per-month surcharge, how fair is that to anyone who doesn’t get COVID? I know there is a surcharge that my husband’s work has for smokers, but it’s because a person chooses to smoke. Thinking about it, how fair is that for them if they never have any treatment concerning smoking? I guess that’s how it has to be, but I don’t like it. They also make us test every year (not the last two due to COVID), but if your BMI is over a certain amount, you better lose some weight or you have a surcharge. I’m surprised they don’t have a surcharge for cancer. Oh, you got cancer. You’re costing us too much money. Surcharge.

Thank you, exbrnxgirl. I guess I won’t even bother with VAERS.

Aug 28, 2021 08:59PM Olma61 wrote:

debbew, thanks for the link. Even in this report, hard to verify if he has actually done it or just made a post on FB. I’d question if he actually even works there

“NBC News has not verified the authenticity of the post, which is now private. Neither Valentine nor representatives at the medical clinic where he works could be reached for comment.”

Aug 28, 2021 09:03PM kathindc wrote:

Wrenn, when is comes to the covid vaccine, it's free to anyone who wants one here in the US regardless of your socio-economic standing so if you want one there's no excuse for not getting it.

Aug 28, 2021 09:07PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:26PM by aprilgirl1

My opinion is not directed to anyone on these boards who has had cancer, currently has cancer or is stage IV cancer like I am. I know there are people with medical reasons to not get vaccinated, including those in treatment that don't want one more "shot". If you take those in to consideration, as a world we could still reach herd immunity if the vast majority get vaccinated. Without enough people vaccinated, we will continue to have variants. It seems to me that the general public does not understand the science and the general public is very self centered.

Three of my neighbors are Phd Microbiologists. 2 have been working on the Covid vaccine (one has been on cnn and national news quite a bit) and the other one is working on type 1 diabetes. We had a casual outdoor gathering last night in our Court (bring your own lawn chair and beverage) and these scientists are shocked and horrified that the US and the world are in the position. They warned us that the lambda variant is very strong and on it's way - all because people want to shout "my body my rights" . This only works if your decision doesn't impact the rest of us. Yes, it is my choice to take Ibrance/Fulvestrant. If I choose not to take these drugs, most likely my cancer will progress faster and I will die sooner. It will not spread to others in my household and my community and potentially kill them. MY BODY MY CHOICE. When the news media announces a variant, the "anti-vaxxers" start up with the "see - vaccines don't work" DUH - they won't work unless we have a very high percentage vaccinated? It is really sad/frustrating/unreal to me.

I am stage IV, I would LOVE to travel while I am up to it, I would LOVE to see my family that lives far away. I am not able to live freely due to too many people discounting the serious nature of the pandemic and the actual science. This is like Polio. Polio vaccines were mandatory. Polio was eradicated.

Teedoff, I hear you. I also feel cheated out of living the life I have left.

edited to add: Yes, I have had the Pfizer vaccines and my husband has as well. We did not have any reactions (besides sore arm, slightly achy). We were vaccinated in March and I just had the booster, on the advice of my oncologist as my husband and i will be traveling by plane on Sept. 3rd to the east coast. I really don't want to get Covid, have Ibrance and my current treatment put on hold, and have my cancer get worse.

recurrence in lymph nodes (superclavicle/mediastinal)"You can do it like it's a great weight on you, or you can do it like it's part of the dance." Ram Dass Dx 11/7/2008, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 11/13/2019, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy CMF Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Aug 28, 2021 09:11PM wrenn wrote:

kathindc, I just wondered if people were more suspicious in general due to a monetary value being placed on health over the years and decisions on people's well being being left up to someone making/saving money? Some might be accustomed to minimizing health problems when it is directly related to affordability and might be mistrustful of those making decisions for them.
Just random ruminations here.

Metaplastic IDC Triple negative...Tumour is 1.5cm. BMX Aug. 16th. Chemo cancelled after one dose due to complications. Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Aug 28, 2021 09:31PM - edited Aug 29, 2021 07:38AM by KBL

Elderberry had a question of me in STEAMROOM, and I let her know I would answer it here.

She had asked me if I would say where I live. I've said it before, but I can't remember on which thread. I will wait for the reaction. I live in Florida. If you do come here, Elderberry, can you please let me know where you read the quote you cited about the governor here. I live here, and I also know others in here do as well. I don't want to get into politics on this thread, but I'd be curious where the quote came from.

Edited: Here is the quote that was cited in STEAM: Desantis - “Doesn’t give a blip about COVID.”

Actual quote: “I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID from Biden.”

Very different meaning.

Aug 28, 2021 09:35PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:36PM by wrenn

Just found this on CBC site

Aug 28, 2021 09:49PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:52PM by KBL

Wrenn, those definitely are high numbers. I went and looked to see how many cases vs deaths. It looks like over 1.4 million people have had COVID in Canada and a little over 26,000 died. Can you find actual numbers to go with those percentages.

Aug 28, 2021 09:51PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:52PM by illimae

There is definitely a trust issue from having to go to the doctors office for something simple which required no tests or physical exam to a surgery that was recommended before medications or physical therapy, some people suspect that it happens so doctors can get a nice insurance payment.

I do wish media would have a special program on how viruses and vaccines work and the realitiesof both. Instead, in my area, we see $100 gift cards being offered to anyone who gets their shot, and while the intent is good, it feels like bait. For the hesitant (not strictly anti-vax), facts will go further.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/17/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 28, 2021 09:53PM wrenn wrote:

KBL adding an attachment i came across is all I can manage. I have read all I needed over the last year or so to trust my health department so searching for proof at this point just goes against my typing fingers muscle memory.LOL. Sorry.

Aug 28, 2021 10:00PM KBL wrote:

It’s okay. I just thought if you had it handy, it would be good to see. I’m pooped. I think I’m going to finally lay my head down. I think the discussion here has been good.

Aug 28, 2021 10:03PM wrenn wrote:

Good idea KBL. You can keep checking tomorrow. Have a good rest

Aug 28, 2021 10:13PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 10:14PM by KBL

You as well.

I am really getting off now, after I post this one last thing. I've been sitting on it all day because I just don't know if it's true. I do see multiple media have reported it, but the mother may not be telling the truth. Lord, I hope she's not telling the truth.

There is a mother in Illinois who has joint custody with her ex-husband. Supposedly, a judge told her she is not allowed to have visitation with her son unless she gets the vaccine. I can't even imagine this is true. There has got to be more to this story that will come out later.

Goodnight, all. I want to say thank you for such great discussion. I’m looking forward to more tomorrow.

Aug 28, 2021 11:12PM blue22 wrote:

I understand vaccine hesitancy, I had medical issues years ago that coincided with a vaccine booster shot. The side effects lasted for months, and eventually went away on their own. I saw a neurologist and had umpteen different tests, no conclusion. BUT despite that history, I had the Covid vaccine, and the previous issues did not repeat.

I do not understand refusal to wear a mask, getting in other people's space to argue with them about masks, yelling, fighting etc over masks or trying to prevent others from getting the vaccine.. I also don't understand taking veterinary grade medication or anything else not recognized by the general medical community.

It is insanely frustrating that Covid is dragging on, with no apparent end. I wanted to get back to normal after finishing treatment, travel, visit friends and family and basically try to do bucket list items ASAP in case my cancer comes back, which is far from unrealistic considering I had IBC. I think the normal reaction is to find someone to blame, and it would be easy to blame the unvaccinated. But, we live in a global economy, people travel, and much of the rest of the world do not readily have access to vaccines. Variants will continue to arise in other countries, and will eventually make their way here.

I don't understand how politicized the vaccine has become. I feel like I've left reality and entered the twilight zone. Texas seems to be one place that is constantly in the news as full of anti-vax sentiment. I lived in Texas years ago. The conservative hospital I worked at mandated flu vaccines, very few complained. At some point the Republican governor mandated pre-teen girls to be vaccinated against HPV, yet that did not have even remotely the amount of backlash as the idea of mask mandates in schools.

I am angry at people who spread misinformation, or try to prevent others from taking care of themselves. What is to be gained?

Honestly, if I wanted to believe in conspiracies, I would find it much more believable that the mocking of mask wearing, spreading of misinformation, fighting the vaccines is only serving the purpose of reducing future medical burden by killing off people with pre-existing conditions. That makes a hell of a lot more sense than thinking Bill Gates has nothing better to do track my whereabouts with a chip in a vaccine...

Dx 1/2019, IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 2/14/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 7/29/2019 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 7/30/2019, IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 4/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Dx 8/2019, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy 10/8/2019 Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 28, 2021 11:50PM - edited Aug 29, 2021 12:00AM by ShetlandPony

In the news, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, the body that evaluates evidence to outline what is standard of care for cancer patients in the USA, issued a statement on August 19, 2021, supporting mandatory covid-19 vaccination for health care workers. "The NCCN COVID-19 Vaccination Advisory Committee, [is] a group of leading physicians with expertise in infectious diseases, vaccine development and delivery, cancer management, and medical ethics." Now that represents real expertise and qualification to make a recommendation.

"Patients with cancer are more susceptible to COVID-19 complications and may not mount effective immune responses to vaccination, so it is incumbent on healthcare workers to be immunized against COVID-19. In so doing, we help to create a cocoon effect in which vulnerable individuals are protected from COVID-19 by vaccinating those who care for these patients."

"Cancer care providers have a responsibility to their patients and colleagues to do everything they can to reduce the spread of COVID-19; that includes getting vaccinated," said Robert W. Carlson, MD, Chief Executive Officer, NCCN. "We know cancer patients already face a higher risk from COVID-19 and must be protected during their many interactions with healthcare workers. According to the science, vaccines are our best option to safely protect ourselves and the people around us from this potentially deadly disease."

https://www.nccn.org/home/news/NewsDetails?NewsId=2851&fbclid=IwAR2MBB_mjJmCZ1awV_4QL4QxSv3rCXvfe6HZ_dldb9Y6dfwb5Ko5yJDvD2E

In the past I expressed my anger about a nursing home staffer in a low-vaccination rate community, who tested positive for covid (and now some residents have also). This outbreak has prevented one of our BCO members from freely visiting her sister who is dying of breast cancer. The article above supports my point. If a health care worker cannot or will not be vaccinated, for any reason, they need to move on to a different job. To put patients at risk is worse than irresponsible.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Aug 28, 2021 11:59PM ShetlandPony wrote:

Illimae said, "I do wish media would have a special program on how viruses and vaccines work..." I agree wholeheartedly. Some education and some great graphics would go a long way. Here is one from the Spanish newspaper El País that really explains some things about covid transmission.

"A room, a bar and a classroom: how the coronavirus is spread through the air"

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Page 3 of 24 (709 results)