Topic: Rant away about COVID, the vaccine, etc.

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 07:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 04:56PM by kbl

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 07:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 04:56PM by kbl

kbl wrote:

Covid discussion.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Missed diagnosis from 2013 to 2019 Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 5/1/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Page 5 of 71 (709 results)

Aug 28, 2021 01:11PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 01:11PM by alwaysmec

Illimae, I think you're lucky because you don't have to worry about a ton of people around you that could possibly have Covid, so I get the outrage. I live in Hawaii. We had one of the lowest rates in the Country until travel without restrictions opened up again and locals brought back the virus to spread among themselves. Although we have nearly 70 percent vaccinated, my area is only at 35 percent. I feel safer on the other side of the island than the side I live in. Unlike you, if I go out and just try to be a normal person, I am likely to encounter someone who can pass it along. It sucks for me and it's not fair. So, I am the opposite and feeling outrage that I have to be super extra cautious and not go out like I want to. It's all about risk. You are low risk there and I am high risk here. Before this surge I felt safe going out.

You know what also sucks? And this isn't towards you -- That some people view immune compromised as second class citizens, so they feel that they have to sacrifice. Not cool. It's like well he died cause he had diabetes. You know what that diabetes was manageable and that person volunteered at the freaking homeless shelter while you sit on your butt all day complaining about a mask making you breath in your stank breath! People expect immune compromised individuals to just sit back and be left out because nobody cares about them anyway. I hate that I have to think twice about someone not wanting to mask up to protect me cause I am freaking masking up to protect that person and myself. Then they get all the privileges. Rant over.

We are just all fed up. Stupid Covid.

Chemotherapy 4/29/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 4/29/2021 Kanjinti Targeted Therapy 4/29/2021 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/2/2021 Phesgo (pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf) Targeted Therapy 9/20/2021 Herceptin (hylecta) Surgery 9/23/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/12/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 5/3/2022 Phesgo (pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf) Dx IDC/DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

Aug 28, 2021 01:14PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 01:24PM by kbl

AlwaysMeC, you are correct. I am in no way antivax. I've never had chicken pox. My sister and brother both got them as adults. Let me tell you, it's much worse to get it as an adult. They did not have an approved vaccine, and I hoped I wouldn't get it. As soon as it was approved by the FDA, I had my butt in a chair. I also had my daughter vaccinated, as she hadn't gotten the chicken pox up to that point. Thankfully, that vaccine worked for me, Speaking of that, I should probably make sure it's still working. That was approved, as far as I know, after years of debate. I believe it was in 1995 when it was approved. She and I have had every vaccine approved over the years. I got a flu shot last year. I won't go into why I'm hesitant, as I don't think it's important to the discussion. I do have a very good reason.

The COC protocol is what I was thinking of. The medication is Fenbenzadole. Haven't done any research on it because it didn't interest me to do it

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Missed diagnosis from 2013 to 2019 Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy 5/1/2019 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2019 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Aug 28, 2021 01:19PM wrenn wrote:

I was afraid of the side effect of the vaccine but was more afraid of death or even ventilator All drugs have side effects. The intended use of a drug is to create a side effect. My chemo caused permanent neuropathy which I was warned about but chose neuropathy over possible death.

Triple Negative Metaplastic. I had one dose of Cytoxan/Taxotere and was then cut off due to complications. Surgery 8/16/2013 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Simple; Mastectomy (Right): Simple

Aug 28, 2021 01:21PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 01:36PM by alwaysmec

Illimae, wait were you being sarcastic at living on a mountain? If so, LOL at me. At least I got a laugh out of myself today!

Chemotherapy 4/29/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 4/29/2021 Kanjinti Targeted Therapy 4/29/2021 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/2/2021 Phesgo (pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf) Targeted Therapy 9/20/2021 Herceptin (hylecta) Surgery 9/23/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/12/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 5/3/2022 Phesgo (pertuzumab, trastuzumab, and hyaluronidase-zzxf) Dx IDC/DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/4 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

Aug 28, 2021 01:23PM wc3 wrote:

Olma61:

I am just curious to hear more of your perspectives because they are very different from mine and I am trying to understand. Why do you feel showing your card at Olive Garden is an indignation? I've never been asked to show mine at a restaurant as I have not been dining in anywhere but I feel very proud that I have been vaccinated and would be happy to show my card regardless of whether there was a mandate to do so or not. I feel I have done a positive thing for society by getting vaccinated. I've been disappointed by the times I've had my card in my hand ready to show it and no one has asked to see it.

How do you feel that government mandates requiring restaurants limit entry to those who furnish proof of vaccination differ from existing laws and health and safety codes? For example, limiting entry to restaurants to those who are wearing shirts and shoes, and limiting alcohol sales, and entry to bars and night clubs to those over 21 who show valid proof of ID?

Pathologic complete response (pCR) to chemotherapy. Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/31/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/14/2018 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant

Aug 28, 2021 01:29PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 01:38PM by exbrnxgrl

trinigirl,

I am so sorry that Covid19 has effected you personally. Although I have not been personally effected, I completely agree with your position. The pandemic is here right now. In a perfect world we would have a few years to fully investigate the vaccines and how they effect folks with all of the various medical conditions and treatments but a pandemic doesn't give us that luxury. All indications are that with the exception of certain individuals with certain medical conditions, the vaccine is safe. Can this be guaranteed? Of course not. Again, to wait several years is a luxury whose cost would be way too high.

As to vaccine efficacy, it is common knowledge that viruses can and do mutate. This not the first virus rodeo our medical researchers have dealt with. So given that, yes we will need boosters and no, none will carry a guarantee against breakthrough infections. The vaccines have cut way down on hospitalizations and deaths, way down among the vaccinated. Again, if you are looking for guarantees or perfection in medicine, as bc patients you should have a good understanding of the fact that medicine simply doesn't work that way.

PS: You mentioned the Caribbean. Can I assume trini is for Trinidad?

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 28, 2021 01:31PM jhl wrote:

Ok, a thought exercise. I hope everyone knows that mRNA technology is not new, right? It's been around since the 1980's & has been utilized in all sorts of clinical trials. There is currently a trial at MDAnderson with Stage 2 & 3 colon cancer patients. After surgery, these patients have their tumors sent for mutations. Then, a specific mRNA vaccine is developed for each patient which targets their mutations. Just like with Covid vaccines, the mRNA tells the patient's cancer cells to produce protein fragments based off the tumor mutations. The immune system then searches for other cells with the same mutations & clears out any circulating tumor cells. Thus, a much lower chance of metastasis.

Would you take that mRNA vaccine if it could be designed for you??

Oh, another note - the current research indicates the heart effects are due to Covid, not the mRAN technology. All viruses can & often do cause myocarditis & pericarditis. It is a seasonal side effect of viruses & can happen to anyone anywhere after any kind of a viral illness. This is not a new disease at all. It has been a well known cause of heart failure & occurs anywhere between 1-3% of those infected with any virus - from the common cold to HIV, measles, chicken pox & yes, Covid.

Stay well,

Jane

Dx 11/15/2019, IDC: Cribriform, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 28, 2021 01:34PM jhl wrote:

Exbrnxgrl,

Just to clarify - vaccines do not mutate. Viruses mutate. Some, like the flu, mutate quickly so require a new vaccine. Others, measles, do not mutate as fast so a vaccine is stable.

Jane

Dx 11/15/2019, IDC: Cribriform, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 28, 2021 01:37PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 01:40PM by exbrnxgrl

oops sorry! I know that so please don't assume it was a lack of knowledge. I have an excellent understanding of biology but don’t always do as well with keyboarding.Guess I just hit the v key and kept going with the wrong word 🤨. I'll edit it, thanks.

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 28, 2021 01:41PM olma61 wrote:

It just strikes me as inappropriate to show a health card to a restaurant worker to gain entry. Are they going to show me theirs too? And the people who handle my food? Can I see their vax cards too?

I was a restaurant worker back when it was the workers who had to have vaccinations and TB tests and then get a license from the city, which was displayed front of the house. But we never asked customers to show their TB test results.

But - showing a paper card is better than electronic monitoring of health statuses. If I had to choose, I’d go with flashing a paper card versus electronic systems. Too much data mining and collecting going on as it is. If I really lived by my principles, I wouldn’t even use the internet but I get more benefit from my internet use than I do from going to chain restaurants 😂

Also, no offense, but I’m not proud about getting a COVID shot, just like I’m not proud that I had a smallpox or polio vaccine. It just is what it is. I got the shot because it seemed like the best decision and to protect myself primarily. I don’t think I made a great sacrifice for the sake of the world or anything.

10/30/2017 Xgeva for bone mets 5/31/2018 Taxol finished! "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right” - Kierkegaard Dx 8/3/2017, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+, IHC Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 10/28/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 10/29/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 5/14/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/29/2019 External Local Metastases 5/29/2019 Radiation therapy: Bone

Page 5 of 71 (709 results)

Scroll to top button