Topic: Rant away about COVID, the vaccine, etc.

Forum: All things COVID-19 or coronavirus — A place to discuss the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on you and the ones you love.

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 10:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 07:56PM by kbl

Posted on: Aug 27, 2021 10:00PM - edited Sep 3, 2021 07:56PM by kbl

kbl wrote:

Covid discussion.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Page 9 of 71 (709 results)

Aug 28, 2021 09:35PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:36PM by wrenn

Just found this on CBC site

Aug 28, 2021 09:49PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:52PM by kbl

Wrenn, those definitely are high numbers. I went and looked to see how many cases vs deaths. It looks like over 1.4 million people have had COVID in Canada and a little over 26,000 died. Can you find actual numbers to go with those percentages.

De Novo ILC - No primary found. Mets to full spine, femurs, skull, and stomach. Dx 5/1/2019, ILC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 9/27/2021 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib)

Aug 28, 2021 09:51PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 09:52PM by illimae

There is definitely a trust issue from having to go to the doctors office for something simple which required no tests or physical exam to a surgery that was recommended before medications or physical therapy, some people suspect that it happens so doctors can get a nice insurance payment.

I do wish media would have a special program on how viruses and vaccines work and the realitiesof both. Instead, in my area, we see $100 gift cards being offered to anyone who gets their shot, and while the intent is good, it feels like bait. For the hesitant (not strictly anti-vax), facts will go further.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 10/20/2017 External Local Metastases 10/20/2017 Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External Local Metastases 4/18/2018 Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External Local Metastases 5/23/2019 Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/17/2020 External Local Metastases 2/17/2020 Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External Local Metastases 7/20/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External Local Metastases 12/4/2020 Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 28, 2021 09:53PM wrenn wrote:

KBL adding an attachment i came across is all I can manage. I have read all I needed over the last year or so to trust my health department so searching for proof at this point just goes against my typing fingers muscle memory.LOL. Sorry.

Aug 28, 2021 10:00PM kbl wrote:

It’s okay. I just thought if you had it handy, it would be good to see. I’m pooped. I think I’m going to finally lay my head down. I think the discussion here has been good.

Aug 28, 2021 10:03PM wrenn wrote:

Good idea KBL. You can keep checking tomorrow. Have a good rest

Aug 28, 2021 10:13PM - edited Aug 28, 2021 10:14PM by kbl

You as well.

I am really getting off now, after I post this one last thing. I've been sitting on it all day because I just don't know if it's true. I do see multiple media have reported it, but the mother may not be telling the truth. Lord, I hope she's not telling the truth.

There is a mother in Illinois who has joint custody with her ex-husband. Supposedly, a judge told her she is not allowed to have visitation with her son unless she gets the vaccine. I can't even imagine this is true. There has got to be more to this story that will come out later.

Goodnight, all. I want to say thank you for such great discussion. I’m looking forward to more tomorrow.

Aug 28, 2021 11:12PM blue22 wrote:

I understand vaccine hesitancy, I had medical issues years ago that coincided with a vaccine booster shot. The side effects lasted for months, and eventually went away on their own. I saw a neurologist and had umpteen different tests, no conclusion. BUT despite that history, I had the Covid vaccine, and the previous issues did not repeat.

I do not understand refusal to wear a mask, getting in other people's space to argue with them about masks, yelling, fighting etc over masks or trying to prevent others from getting the vaccine.. I also don't understand taking veterinary grade medication or anything else not recognized by the general medical community.

It is insanely frustrating that Covid is dragging on, with no apparent end. I wanted to get back to normal after finishing treatment, travel, visit friends and family and basically try to do bucket list items ASAP in case my cancer comes back, which is far from unrealistic considering I had IBC. I think the normal reaction is to find someone to blame, and it would be easy to blame the unvaccinated. But, we live in a global economy, people travel, and much of the rest of the world do not readily have access to vaccines. Variants will continue to arise in other countries, and will eventually make their way here.

I don't understand how politicized the vaccine has become. I feel like I've left reality and entered the twilight zone. Texas seems to be one place that is constantly in the news as full of anti-vax sentiment. I lived in Texas years ago. The conservative hospital I worked at mandated flu vaccines, very few complained. At some point the Republican governor mandated pre-teen girls to be vaccinated against HPV, yet that did not have even remotely the amount of backlash as the idea of mask mandates in schools.

I am angry at people who spread misinformation, or try to prevent others from taking care of themselves. What is to be gained?

Honestly, if I wanted to believe in conspiracies, I would find it much more believable that the mocking of mask wearing, spreading of misinformation, fighting the vaccines is only serving the purpose of reducing future medical burden by killing off people with pre-existing conditions. That makes a hell of a lot more sense than thinking Bill Gates has nothing better to do track my whereabouts with a chip in a vaccine...

Dx 1/2019, IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/15/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel) Dx 7/30/2019, IDC/IBC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 4/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/30/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Dx 8/2019, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, ER+/PR+ Radiation Therapy 10/8/2019 Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine)

Aug 28, 2021 11:50PM - edited Aug 29, 2021 12:00AM by ShetlandPony

In the news, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, the body that evaluates evidence to outline what is standard of care for cancer patients in the USA, issued a statement on August 19, 2021, supporting mandatory covid-19 vaccination for health care workers. "The NCCN COVID-19 Vaccination Advisory Committee, [is] a group of leading physicians with expertise in infectious diseases, vaccine development and delivery, cancer management, and medical ethics." Now that represents real expertise and qualification to make a recommendation.

"Patients with cancer are more susceptible to COVID-19 complications and may not mount effective immune responses to vaccination, so it is incumbent on healthcare workers to be immunized against COVID-19. In so doing, we help to create a cocoon effect in which vulnerable individuals are protected from COVID-19 by vaccinating those who care for these patients."

"Cancer care providers have a responsibility to their patients and colleagues to do everything they can to reduce the spread of COVID-19; that includes getting vaccinated," said Robert W. Carlson, MD, Chief Executive Officer, NCCN. "We know cancer patients already face a higher risk from COVID-19 and must be protected during their many interactions with healthcare workers. According to the science, vaccines are our best option to safely protect ourselves and the people around us from this potentially deadly disease."

https://www.nccn.org/home/news/NewsDetails?NewsId=2851&fbclid=IwAR2MBB_mjJmCZ1awV_4QL4QxSv3rCXvfe6HZ_dldb9Y6dfwb5Ko5yJDvD2E

In the past I expressed my anger about a nursing home staffer in a low-vaccination rate community, who tested positive for covid (and now some residents have also). This outbreak has prevented one of our BCO members from freely visiting her sister who is dying of breast cancer. The article above supports my point. If a health care worker cannot or will not be vaccinated, for any reason, they need to move on to a different job. To put patients at risk is worse than irresponsible.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Aug 28, 2021 11:59PM ShetlandPony wrote:

Illimae said, "I do wish media would have a special program on how viruses and vaccines work..." I agree wholeheartedly. Some education and some great graphics would go a long way. Here is one from the Spanish newspaper El País that really explains some things about covid transmission.

"A room, a bar and a classroom: how the coronavirus is spread through the air"

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Page 9 of 71 (709 results)

Scroll to top button