Join Us

We are 224,278 members in 83 forums discussing 163,476 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: COVID-19 and Cancer

Forum: Metaplastic Breast Cancer (MpBC) —

Join others to talk about Metaplastic Breast Cancer, or MpBC, a sub-type of breast cancer. This forum will be moderated by volunteers of The Metaplastic Breast Cancer Global Alliance.

Posted on: May 30, 2020 07:37AM

MpBCAdmin_Jen wrote:

This isn’t specific to MpBC, but the data suggests that the coronavirus death risk for cancer patients, including those who are in remission or NED, may be 2 times higher than for non-cancer patients. And the risk for those with progressing cancer is 5 times higher than for those who are in remission or NED. Please stay safe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science/coronavirus-infection-rate-may-shift-toward-younger-ages-death-risk-higher-in-cancer-patients-idUSKBN2352YB

Jen

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 30, 2020 08:35AM Rosiecat wrote:

Thanks Jen. I'd heard some weeks ago that this might be the case. It's an added worry and a good reason for us to keep ourselves safe, whatever the Government says about easing lockdown.

Gill

Dx 8/24/2018, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 9/18/2018 Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/22/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel)

May 30, 2020 09:57AM MpBCAdmin_Jen wrote:

Gill,

In general I try not to worry, whether it's about the coronavirus, recurrence, or anything else. I just try to stay informed and make good choices. That's really all that's in my control, so I do what I can and don't worry about the things I can't control. Hopefully we will all continue to stay healthy and safe.

Take care,

Jen

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)