Topic: oestrogen negative cancer.......ER-

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Feb 19, 2004 05:30AM

Posted on: Feb 19, 2004 05:30AM

didlems wrote:

i have had ER- breast cancer.I would love to begin a thread and invite other ER- sufferers to contribute and tell their stories.
why.......well we seem to be a forgotten lot when it comes to info and new treatments........
the ER+ girls have tomoxifan as a backup.......but we have nothing........lets have your views.......
didlems Log in to post a reply

Page 24 of 24 (235 results)

Nov 24, 2006 01:43PM m_morgan wrote:

Everyone mentions A/C and I wonder which chemo drugs A/C refers to? maybe adriamycin and Cyclophosphamid?? aha? let me know!
I am also ER,PR-, Her2+ and my first chemo drugs were Doxorobicin and cyclophosphamid(Endoxan) followed by 5 injections of neupogen daily.

Dx 50 days ago. 44 years old, tumors in both breasts. tumor in the left breast 5 cm with no invasion to lymph nodes and the right breast 3 cm with invasion to lymph nodes. both tumors were removed and patology was IDC, grade III. bone scan was clear. also CT scan and MRI showed no cancer in liver, ovaries, and other productive organs. chest X-ray showed no metastasis to the lung. but didn't do lung-CT.
tumors showed to be ER-, PR- and Her2++
2 docs recommanded breast conserving, but 3 others suggested me not to risk and have bilateral mastectomy.I did mastectomy a month ago. 3 lymph nodes were involved in the right side. I did my chemo 11 days ago and i am feeling very well now! first round of chemo was piece of cake! thanks to GOD, side effects was not that bad. I hope all side effects went to cancerous cells!:p for me, just a little bit nausea for 3 days and am still a lil tired. but have to eat carefully and have to walk after i eat, so digestion is better. my doc asked me not to sleep or lye down for an hour after I eat.
will have my next chemo 10 days from now.

Mar 18, 2007 06:52PM HollyHopes wrote:

Hello ladies,

I've mostly been hanging out in the 'Chemo' room because there is a whole group of us who started in March and are supporting one another....ChemoSabe Cruise!

I am triple neg, Stage II, Grade III IDC with no nodes undergoing dose dense A/C +T followed by rads. Oh yeah - had a lumpectomy on 2/20/07. Dx on 2/7/07.

There is also a room for Triple Negs I believe. I am worried about recurrence - I am 51. I'm not the healthiest lifestyle bunny on the block - drank vodka tonics, ate junk food...of course...all this has stopped now...eat applesauce and rice mostly. Have only had one tx so far and have diarrhea for 5 days...ugh.

I've continued to work - need to $$ wise (single and no savings).

Sending my love and gentle hugs to you all.

-Holly

Thank you, all of you, for being there for me and for one another. Did any of you have a PICC line? I have one and get 'funny' feelings in my chest sometimes..
lumpectomy/dose dense AC &T/35 rads/7 boosts...treatment completed 8/31/07...reconstruction surgery 5/14/09 and 9/8/10! Dx 2/7/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 21, 2007 07:27AM jewels20227 wrote:

Hello ladies...... Can anyone explain why some people get Taxol instead of Taxotere? I'm currently going on my 5th treatement of Taxotere/Adrimycin/Cytoxan. (Every 3 weeks for a total of 6 treatments). Yup, 2 more to go and man I am counting down! They did not break up my treamtment. I get everything at once... Assuming this is considered dense dose?

Julia
DX 11/06 IDC/DCIS Stg 1, grd 3, er/pr neg, HER2 neg
(Triple negative). Lymphovascular/venous invasion present.
All lymph nodes negative - Age 45

Mar 21, 2007 08:41PM lisaelder1972 wrote:

My Oncologists opinion was that Taxotere has less side effects than its "cousin" Taxol.Well,I ended up with neuropathy in my legs so bad that I still have to use a cane sometimes and I finished chemo in November.I read an article in JAMA touting Taxotere as "the new gold standard for node positive breast cancer".I had 4 DD treatments and I really thought I would die before I finished it.I am not trying to scare anyone,everyone reacts differently.Congrats on being near the finish line but when I finished my neuropathy stayed.
Hugs,
Lisa

Apr 7, 2013 02:55PM Sandy65 wrote:

Diagnosed_28 Boston,
I am also er-,PR+. There sure seems to be more of us with these stats showing up lately. When i first came on bco site there were few and far between with these stats. Just wanted to say hello. Hope everyone is doing okay today.

Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway-John Wayne Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/30/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 2/8/2013 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxol (paclitaxel), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 7/1/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 8/7/2013

Page 24 of 24 (235 results)

Scroll to top button