Topic: Success Stories!

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Jun 23, 2003 03:41PM

Posted on: Jun 23, 2003 03:41PM

carmelle wrote:

Every now and then I read a post on this forum that talks about somebody who has lived a long time with disease. I know there have even been threads with many node positive success stories and stage IV survival stories.
These have been the most uplifting influences for me on my journey.
In a world of breast cancer where medical staff are so reluctant to offer hope and even we ourselves cannot always see the light I think it would be great to have a compilation of good stories that we could put in our drawer and take out for those days when the "scared" comes out too strongly.Then read just enough to spark that hope again.
I am trying to put together these stories in a booklet format and would love it if anybody could email me stories they know that can shed light on our path.
Here is my email: carmelle@bwr.eastlink.ca
I would love to hear from you.
Michelle

update: 02/23/03
glad to see all the stories. just wanted to say that the booklet idea was just an idea. i think the posts do a great job on their own don't you?
let's keep this to the front if we can for any new people to read or add to. barb, you are excellent for not letting this get lost.
Yesterday is History... Tomorrow is Mystery...Today is a gift. Dx 3/7/2003, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 5 of 158 (1,575 results)

Sep 1, 2003 10:12AM carkosh wrote:

Great thread, very inspiring! My husband's aunt had a mastectomy in the early 50's. She died several yrs ago at the ripe old age of 85 & not of bc. My husband told me her prosthesis was metal (can you believe?), not the soft stuff we have available now.

Carol

Sep 2, 2003 05:16AM quinny wrote:

My mother had BC at age 45(around 1972) and had a bilateral mastectomy - no chemo or radiation. She was 70 when she died from something else.

Sep 9, 2003 08:12PM faria wrote:

My friends mom was diagnosed 5 years ago, lumpectomy and 14 pos. nodes. She is cancer free and busy serving others!
I love this thread!!!!

Sep 13, 2003 01:37AM sgolden wrote:

Like to see this thread continue of success stories. A girl at our Komen walk wears 39 pink ribbons. A lady I met on the Komen walk is 20 years out without a reoccurrence. My sister in law's mother had a very bad prognosis ten years ago and the most nodes positive ever seen (50 some) and she is still here with good quality of life. Keep the success stories coming girls. If anyone is out there just browsing the boards or you know anyone that is years out from dx please get them to post. It would be awesome for us to see this. Thanks girls. You are all a fun bunch. sheryll

Sep 13, 2003 01:41AM sgolden wrote:

Faria: Thank you much for that post. I love to hear when people with postive nodes are several years out and doing well. I had 12 positive nodes. I also have an aunt that had lots of nodes and she is 8 years NED. Sheryll

Sep 18, 2003 05:12AM Sachi wrote:

I was in a health food store yesterday and a very nice young woman behind me said hi and then said she noticed my scarf and had I had chemo? She told me that she had breast cancer 5 years ago with positive nodes (she didn't say how many). She looked great - so I told her I was going to post her under our success stories!

Barb
Sachi

Sep 18, 2003 07:38AM pconn03 wrote:

Barb:

Thanks for the post . . . we need to hear and focus on all the positive stories we can. Thanks again,
Pat
Pat

Sep 18, 2003 11:04AM Lorrie wrote:

I love the success stories! I am happy for those that are survivors and the stories also do so much for me. I had 1 positive lymph node and am just finishing up with rads. Also had mastectomy and chemo. It does me good to think about the good stories instead of dwelling on the bad ones.
Lorrie

Sep 22, 2003 10:49AM Sachi wrote:

Come on everyone, I KNOW there are many more success stories out there. Let's get them written here so our new people can see that people live long healthy lives after beating BC.

-

Barb
Sachi

Oct 13, 2003 06:40AM Boop wrote:

Hi Barb,
Found the success stories and thought I would bring to the top for you..
I also know of a success story, My step-mother had breast cancer 25 years ago, she had a masectomy and radiation and her doctor gave her a 3% chance of living, well she lived long enough to get breast cancer in the other breast and have it removed , she is doing wonderful and I don't know what I would have done without her, she has really helped me in my journey with breast cancer..
God Bless,
Cherie

Page 5 of 158 (1,575 results)

Scroll to top button