Topic: Any long term lumpectomy survivors?

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Mar 27, 2008 06:07PM

Posted on: Mar 27, 2008 06:07PM

duff0015 wrote:

Would love to hear your stories!  Especially, if you were young at diagnosis. 

Thanks for being an inspiration!  :)  

Page 3 of 5 (45 results)

Oct 22, 2008 10:21PM blessme1 wrote:

good evening everyone, I had an lumpectomy jan of 2008 and I completed my rad in april 2008 i will begin my 6 months visits to the radiologist and oncologist I feel great I have been to do things as I did before BC I work out, active with my kids and church, I'm engaged to get married October of 2009 my fiance' has been there for me from thr beginning. I look forward to annoucing how I've been clear of BC for years to come...... 

Oct 24, 2008 01:30PM cp418 wrote:

I too would like to hear more stories from those with positive nodes.  Smile

Nov 14, 2008 02:11AM goophy58 wrote:

hi everybody,

please help me, im so confused right now.... the doctor who operated me last oct. 21, 2008 told me that i dont need to undergo a chemotherapy.... but when i go to another doctor for second opinion, the doctor told me that since mine is 4cm, stage 2, grade 2, er-/pr+/her2 2+ i need to undergo a chemotherapy.... please do you have any knowledge about this......help me...

goophy58

Nov 14, 2008 12:49PM LisaAlissa wrote:

Hi goophy58!

I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with this.  I'm not the right person to help you with this, but I think you might get a better response if you post your question as a new thread in the "Just Diagnosed" forum here:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/5

Call if something like "Do I need chemo? 2 docs, 2 opinions...help!"  and I think you'll be more likely to get the help you're looking for.

Hang in there!

LisaAlissa

Nov 16, 2008 12:12PM nowheregirl wrote:

dx'd with stage IIb IDC in July of 2005 at the age of 39. MRI's at dx comfirmed one positive node but by the time I finished chemo (did chemo before surgery), it disappeared. Had a lumpectomy in March of 2006 and during surgery, they took 9 nodes and all were negative. Did chemo again followed by rads. Been free of cancer since they took that out!

xo

Fumi

Dx 7/7/2005, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 7/8/2005 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2006 Surgery 3/22/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Chemotherapy 4/7/2006 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 8/21/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes

Nov 16, 2008 07:43PM jessee54 wrote:

Hi Rainenz,

I'm curious about your story, as was trip neg dx Aug this year, and currently undergoing chemo, then rad. I did get clear margins, with lumpectomy, and no node involvement.  I was wondering after going for 11 years, your prognosis seems like it should have been great. Did you change your lifestyle at all since your orig. dx?

I had gone thru a tremendous amount of unusual stress for the 2 years preceeding dx, and smoke, not a lot, and slightly overweight, not a lot. But the stress was awful, and my doctor said he sees this time and time again relating to breast cancer.

Incidentally, my sister had DCIS with lumpectomy at 49, and went 9 years, was ready to go back to mammo's only once/yr, when they found hyperplasia in the same spot, this year. Another lumpectomy and no cancer, thank God. But she did say she lost 15 pounds after the first surgery, and kept if off for a while, and as soon as she put the weight back on, she got this hyperplasia.  She also has a stressful job.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this. I really think mind/body connection is a key thing. Best of luck to you.

Jessee 

jessee54 Dx 8/7/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 17, 2008 02:02AM junie wrote:

will add my 2 cents worth here.   Was dx with IDC in Dec 2000--merry christmas!--had lumpectomy and ax node dissection, nodes neg, 4 A/C chemos, rads, 5 yrs Tamoxifen--and, still dancing with NED!!!  (I was 53 chronologically, but 18 at heart!!!) This wonderful place didn't exist when I first needed it, but I backed into it looking for some answers to questions about the side affects of the Tamoxifen...I have met the most wonderful sisters here!   I continue to hang out and contribute when I can...and, I am impressed and amazed by the knowledge that is shared here.   Much has changed even since my treatments, so I am grateful should I need that updated knowledge in the future.   May NED keep dancing with us "lumpectomies" for many years to come!!

Nov 21, 2008 12:57PM mamakaren wrote:

Hello, I was diagnosed in January had 2 lumpectomy did 6months of chemo and currently doing rads. After they found the second  lump I had told him to just take my whole breast off. He told me that there was no need for that. Once you start talking with people they start making you doubt. So I ended up confused wondering if I did the right decision. I did research and found out that the percentage of survival rate is the same for both. I feel very positive about my lumpectomy and I trust my doctors. I love to here all the positive comments and the stories of all the survivors.

Lots of Love,  Karen

"When we face what we fear... We become fearless" Dx 1/22/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Nov 25, 2008 07:18PM roseg wrote:

My Mom was a youthful 57 when she had her lumpectomy/radiation for DCIS in the 1980s.

Not one little problem since then.

Rose

Nov 25, 2008 07:25PM Ivylane wrote:

I had lumpectomy in 1991,  stage 1, no positive nodes, 6 months of CMF and rads...

No problems till 15 years later... Dx'd with  stage one in other breast, no positive nodes,  Bi-lateral mastectomies, AC/T, Herceptin and Arimidex 

Tested negative for BRCA1 and 2....go figure.....2 years out (17 years total) and doing great. 

Page 3 of 5 (45 results)

Scroll to top button