Topic: Any long term lumpectomy survivors?

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Mar 27, 2008 06:07PM

Posted on: Mar 27, 2008 06:07PM

duff0015 wrote:

Would love to hear your stories!  Especially, if you were young at diagnosis. 

Thanks for being an inspiration!  :)  

Page 4 of 5 (45 results)

Nov 28, 2008 07:50PM Linda54 wrote:

Hello everyone

nice reading about all the survivors!!

At the age of 31 (24 years ago this month) I was dx and had a lumpectomy with radiation.  3 years later I gave birth to my first (and only) child.  Just 2 scares in all those years and had biopsies that were neg.  In March 08 I was dx with DCIS in the same breast.  I was told that it could not take more rads so I went with a bilateral mx  with expanders and 6 weeks ago had my exchange to silicone implants.  I am very happy with my decision.  I do wonder why I ended up with cancer 2x's in the same breast.  No family history!!  I do not dwell on it because I am ALIVE and my faith in God has got me through all this.  Love to all!

Linda

I hate Cancer... Dx 3/7/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 13, 2009 07:45PM - edited Jan 13, 2009 07:46PM by karol61

In 2007,after my 59th birthday, after suspicious cells were seen on mammo, I had  a core biopsy on the left side +it was DCIS, I had 33 radiation treatments, am now on Tamox. Have had no evidence of disease since. I pray I will be a long term survivor!!!

Karol 

Dx 3/22/2007, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 21, 2009 04:15PM donnamf wrote:

I was diagnosed in1992 at the age of 31. I found a lump when I was 28 but the doctors would not take me seriously until I demanded a needle biopsy. I had stage 3. I had 22 lymph nodes removed with 19 positive for cancer. I immediately had to have a complete hysterectomy because of positve steriod receptors. I had no children so no chance now. I chose a lumpectomy with radiation. I went through 7 months of severe chemo. I was put on Tamoxifen for 14 years. (no one wanted to take me off) I am on Femara now. Lots of weight gain with Tamoxifen but I have a handle on it now. Hard to deal with "surgically induced menopause". The hot flashes got extreme with the Femara so the doctor put me on Paxil and it seems to work. All mammograms and blood tests and such show no sign of cancer, to this day. I don't know how long I will have to take the Femara. Again, no one wants to say. I had no family history and no drugs or alchohol or smoking. I was very young and very healthy. By the way, the doctor told my husband that I would not live 3 years. He didn't tell me what was said until I had survived 5 years! Now, it has been 17 and I still feel good. I believe God and Christian people praying have saved my life. My oncologist was great too but he has retired. Hope this helps some-one.

Jan 21, 2009 04:25PM IllinoisNancy wrote:

Hi Donna,

I love reading success stories like yours!!  It gives a lot of hope to BC survivors.

Thanks,

Nancy

Pleomorphic Invasive Breast cancer three times 2006, 2010 and 2016, IBrance and Femara, NET Cancer in stomach and liver 2015, Sandostatin

Jan 21, 2009 09:31PM donnamf wrote:

Nancy, you are welcome. I just found this site and I have read a lot of encouraging stories. I know there is a lot of bad news out there but it is great to hear the good news. I have a neighbor who is 35 and she just had a double mastectomy with re-construction this week. We are hopeful for her long survival also. It continues to amaze me how many younger women have had breast cancer. Good luck to you all and NEVER give up!

Feb 5, 2009 02:15PM longcoolwoman wrote:

10/05 had a lumpectomy after a mammogram showed calcium deposits...also had a s. node biopsy, and radiation. Doing well....three years out....cheers!

Feb 5, 2009 05:24PM MarieKelly wrote:

Had a lumpectomy with very wide margins and removal of the biopsy track in 3/2004 at the age of 49 and already in natural menopause since age 48.  Beautiful cosmetic results - can barely even see the scar anymore.  No chemo, no radiation, no tamoxifen, no aromatse inhibitors...no nothing. So far, so good!!

Ki-67 5%. Wide margin lumpectomy and biopsy track removal. Refused radiation and hormonal therapy. Dx 2/22/2004, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 20, 2009 06:17PM Catherine8718 wrote:

I realize this isn't long term - but today is my "cancerversary" for being 3 years out.  Diagnosed @ 40 on February 20th, 2006.  Lumpectomy 3/16, 2.2. cm, micro metasteses in 1 node, er/pr+, her 2-, grade 2, stage 2b, re-exicision on 4/6, oopherectomy on 4/7 - Rads - started Arimidex 9/06.  That 3 years ago seems like a lifetime.....

Dx 2/20/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 27, 2009 01:39PM - edited Feb 27, 2009 01:40PM by Sierra

Hi Gals:

I am a long term thriver and in and out

of this club, met a lot of really nice

sisters here (not a young one however) :)

Anyway, had a 3.5 lump.

er-pr-.. node pos..  Grade 3

here at 9 years

very ... lucky

My best to all of you, as you continue

You will do fine, one day at a time

and

I enjoyed reading all of your stories ..

Hugs, Sierra

feel free to PM me if I can help

The Time is Now! Dx 1/2000, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/14 nodes, ER-/PR-

Mar 13, 2009 09:47AM rica4 wrote:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I was diagnosed in Nov 2007, Lumpectomy, Chemo & Radx complete June 30 2008

1st mammo on Jan 3, 2009, No sign of cancer.

Page 4 of 5 (45 results)

Scroll to top button