We are 211,400 members in 82 forums discussing 151,463 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My Wife's Breast Cancer Success Story

Forum: Biographies and Inspiring Stories —

Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Jun 2, 2009 03:05PM

Waynejay wrote:

My wife "Kitti" was diagnose with BC in her left areola back in April of 2000.  Needless to say, she was horrified!  I was with her in the room with the oncologist delivered the grim news.  Of course, a second opinion was in order.

The diagnosis was confirmed, after a biopsy and she was given the options of: a lumpectomy with radiation, or, chemo and radiation, or, a mastectomy of the left breast with radiation.  "Kitti" opted for a mastectomy with no chemo, or, radiation; since the lesion was localized to the areola.  She did agree to take Tamoxifen.

The surgery occurred in May of 2000.  Of course, I was there, every step of the way.  Interestingly, one of the attending nurses asked if I would be around after the surgery and reconstruction.  I personally thought that it was a rather curious question.  But, then she clarified why she asked it.  She stated "many men leave their wives or partners after breast surgery."

Frankly, I could not believe that.  The thought never entered by mind to do such a thing.  How could I leave my wife because she was ill?  What kind of man would leave his wife during the most difficult, emotionally exhausing and fearful time of her life; when she has a potentially deadly sickness?  Of course, the idea was ridiculous to me.  How would I feel if my wife left me simply because I had to have a diseased testical surgically removed?

In 2003, while still on Tamoxifen, we were introduced to a remarkable scientifically-sound natural protein therapy to optimize her immune system, which her oncologist approved.  With wonderful test results at each annual visit; in May of 2005, she was pronounced CANCER-FREE and taken off of Tamoxifen.  We were estatic!

Since May of 2005, she has continued to daily utilize the protein therapy as a part of her every day diet.

Today, in 2009, after receiving an excellent test report from her most recent annual checkup (April), "Kitti" remains cancer-free and enjoying her life; and I am enjoying it with her.  That's the way it should be!

Wayne J. Holloway

Page 2 of 2 (35 results)

Posts 31 - 35 (35 total)

Jun 8, 2009 05:48PM Waynejay wrote:

Jader, thanks for the information.

Wayne J. Holloway

Apr 7, 2010 01:53AM momto2angels wrote:

Glutamine is something my ND has "me" taking right now which I just read supports increased glutathione levels :)

03/2007: Stage 3, IDC, while 7 months pregnant Dx 3/8/2010, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 5/23 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 9, 2010 04:32AM Shrek4 wrote:

I don't know. I read HERE that it has absolutely no effect.The authors seem quite professional sin the field, not "ezine writers".

Jul 10, 2018 03:03PM AngelsGal57 wrote:

WayneJay,

It is July 10th, 2018 and I would like to know what has transpired in the 8 years since. I have been treated with a Whey Protien Glutathion booster for over a year after my HER2 positive breast cancer. It definitely made a difference in how I responded to Chemo and Radiation treatment. Minimal side effects. Was also on Herceptin for 1 year.

A week ago today I was told there were 2 1 cm nodules in my lung and I am now considered Menastitized and beginning Temoxifen and Kadcyla.

Angelsgal57

Dx 3/20/2017, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 5/10/2017 Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 10/4/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 10, 2018 10:52PM edwards750 wrote:

So Angels they are telling your BC has metastasized to your lungs? Lung nodules are very common. I have a lot of them that turned out to be scar tissue from radiation plus in my neck of the woods lots of people have them because of a bird virus. Bizarre but true. A radiologist checked my chest X-ray and said it was normal.

Diane

Page 2 of 2 (35 results)