Topic: "The most ENCOURAGING things said to you during your journey"

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Sep 7, 2011 07:04PM - edited Jun 7, 2012 10:29PM by ToriGirl

Posted on: Sep 7, 2011 07:04PM - edited Jun 7, 2012 10:29PM by ToriGirl

ToriGirl wrote:

Sisters,

I think we can always use another "feel good" thread, so I thought this one would be a good one to go with...

I know we already have a thread for the dumbest and worst things people have said to you during our journeys, but how about the most encouraging things said to or done for you?

I've read many posts throughout BC.org where doctors, nurses, techs, therapists, friends, spouses, partners, family members and other survivors have been exactly where we have needed them to be at the right time and said exactly what we needed to hear when we needed it the most.  (Or for that matter, have DONE exactly what what we needed them to do without even asking)

These are the words and acts of kindness that have stuck with us, whether it was from early on when we first got our diagnosis to when we ended active treatment and started to move on with our new "normal". They kept us going and continue to do so, as we move onto better, happier, and healthier days ahead.

Please share these comments, stories, remarks, acts of kindness, quotes, (whatever you'd like), that have most encouraged you and still encourage you today...OR share how you have "paid it forward" to someone else who is going through this journey, when they needed it most.  Whatever your heart has to share, please feel free to do so.

What you share today, may be the one thing that someone on the board needs to hear right now.

Thanks so much! 

Tori 

DE COLORES! 

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 39 of 39 (384 results)

Sep 4, 2019 04:17PM bcincolorado wrote:

Tracy wonderful story and congrats on your kids!! Mine were grown when I was dx and can't imagine the faith you needed to have them after cancer. I too had my MO retire and am seeing a partner now.

If anyone ever has a chance to see Liz Curtis Higgs speak (I did a few years post cancer) she is as wonderful as her ta-da cards are!!!

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Sep 4, 2019 05:25PM alicebastable wrote:

Yndorian, that saying got me through some tough times last year, too. I was terrified a few days before my nephrectomy, and I repeated that until I calmed down. I don't know who originated it, because it's been passed on to so many of us here. To whoever it was, a huge THANK YOU.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 4, 2019 05:41PM simbobby wrote:

I had completed my chemo, radiation, targeted therapy, reconstruction and am on zometa infusions and Letrozole. My Oncologist said to me, “Now we will meet every six months and grow old together”

Dx 9/15/2017, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/9/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/29/2018 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right) Dx 4/3/2018, Right, 24/26 nodes Hormonal Therapy 4/10/2018 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 3/12/2019 Reconstruction (Left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (Right): Free TRAM flap Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Aug 30, 2020 11:43PM footprintsangel wrote:

Tough times never last, but tough people do!Heart

Page 39 of 39 (384 results)

Scroll to top button