We are 193,347 members in 81 forums discussing 143,423 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Biographies and Inspiring Stories → Topic: Any survivors out there diagnosed at a young age???

Topic: Any survivors out there diagnosed at a young age???

Forum: Biographies and Inspiring Stories —

Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Jun 12, 2013 11:59AM

Youngwithbc wrote:

There might already be a thread about this but can't find it! Was hoping to start one where people who were diagnosed young (20s/30s) could share their survivor stories, if you are more than a few years past diagnosis. It can be difficult to find people who had BC at a young age, and I find it encouraging when I find people who were my age at diagnosis and are now doing great many years later. I'm sure others might find it inspiring as well.

Anyone out there??

Page 3 of 3 (74 results)

Posts 61 - 74 (74 total)

Dec 5, 2015 06:25AM - edited Dec 5, 2015 06:28AM by Lolis

Hi,

I was diagnosed at 33. Found my lump three months after my first miscarriage and realized (personally) that it was BC on my one year wedding anniversary. Had an u/s the year before (due to existing fibroadenoma - been having yearly u/s since I was 25) and it was normal although a new cyst had appeared.

I was dx with stage III (my lucky number) IDC, which was laying in a bed of DCIS and the lump I first noticed was in the area of the new cyst. So to this day I wonder if my u/s the year before my diagnosis was misread or if IDC invaded the cyst. 8 positive nodes (5 with macromets and 3 with micromets).

The BC was highly hormone receptive and I keep wondering if my pregnancy accelerated the things. I am grateful to my lil angel but I have yet to get completely over the loss.

I completed a round of IVF after surgery and before chemo. Completed 6 round of FEC-D (which wasn't bad) and 25 rounds of radiation. Currently on Tamoxifen and told that I won't ever be allowed to get pregnant again just in case there is one of those suckers dormant somewhere. DH is terriefied of the thought of me being pregnant, we'll go thru surrogacy.

In 3 months I will be 2 years out of dx and the fear of recurrence is less with everyday that passes although some days are darker than others but those don't last a long time.

Hugs to you all and keep smiling!!!

Dx at 33 Dx 3/22/2014, DCIS, Left, 5cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 8/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/22/2014, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 8/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/22/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 5/15/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/11/2014 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 9/29/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes

Dec 10, 2015 12:01AM Srh242 wrote:

hi Lolis:

Our story are very similar.

I send you a big hug and best for the new year and luck with your baby plans

Jan 1, 2016 02:30PM Honeytagh wrote:

bump

Dx at 32 Dx 7/11/2014, IDC: Medullary, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy AC Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Jan 1, 2016 04:21PM jenjenl wrote:

I was 33 when dx, my kids were 2.5 and 5. I had a mamo, they saw a spot but said it didn't look suspicious and to come back in 6 moths. I came back in 6 months - it grew, biopsy and then the nightmare started. TN, BRCA1+ IDC - 1 small tumor 7 mm and then a intramammary node that was 4 mm. Had mastectomy, chemo, hysterectomy and rads, then recon. So far so good. Plenty of scared scans along the way but i am now 3 yrs out and feeling good. The 3rd year has been the best for the physical and mental recovery. Here for you. xo

38 year old wife and mother of 2 children, ages 10 and 7. BRCA1+ (33 at dx) Dx 10/30/2012, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/12/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 12/18/2012 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 4/21/2013 Prophylactic ovary removal Radiation Therapy 4/29/2013 Breast Surgery 7/22/2013 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 1/20/2014 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Jan 1, 2016 05:45PM MissBee123 wrote:

I was diagnosed 7 months ago at age 31. Had some "intimate" time with my husband. After, he rolled over, poked my breast and said, "What's that?" From there everything spiraled downwards. Eggs are frozen, went through one round of chemo, double mastectomy, found out I also have thyroid cancer (thanks to the PET scan my breast surgeon ordered), had a thyroidectomy, and am beginning a second round of chemo in 10 days.

It's been an incredibly hard and emotional year. My husband and I had to cancel our one vacation due to chemotherapy beginning. We bought a new home and were going to relocate to Denver from NYC. Instead, due to the intensity of care I needed and health insurance, we are still here almost a year past our planned move date. We had hoped to begin a family this year but instead my eggs sit frozen in a medical facility and the idea of children seems so abstract it's hard to imagine. It's been very hard to smile and congratulate all my friends who have become pregnant or given birth this year (and with Facebook it's starting to feel like it's literally everyone but me). I try not to complain about it, but figure if there is a place that understands, it's here in these forums. It just makes my heart hurt. Staying positive all the time is mentally exhausting. Sometimes I just want to have a good old fashioned temper tantrum and kick my feet and cry!

Dx 5/12/2015, DCIS/IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 7/26/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/26/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 7/26/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 11/1/2015 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap, PAP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap, PAP flap Chemotherapy 1/10/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 2/29/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jan 3, 2016 05:57AM LM070917 wrote:

I was diagnosed at 34 years old in September this year (2015). I've undergone mascretomy and nodes removal. I went through IVF and have two embryos frozen, as I have no children. I'm currently undergoing dose dense chemotherapy for 4 months, just switched from AC to pactaxel. Due to finish in early Feb and then start radiotherapy in March. It's been a rollercoaster journey so far and although I try to be strong, I'm very scared about the future but it is so inspiring to hear anyone's stories on here. Thank you šŸ˜€

Dx 9/18/2015, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/1/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Jan 7, 2016 10:26AM LisaEllen wrote:

It has been a long time since I was on these boards!

Miss Bree, your post touched me deeply. You have every right to throw a temper tantrum! Cancer sucks and it is not fair. But you are a beautiful, strong woman and we are here to encourage you and love you through the worst of treatment. Please have Hope! (((Hugs)))

I am a nine year survivor in March. There are many of us out there but more ladies closer to diagnosis are here posting. Many of us five plus years out rarely check the threads.

I was 37 when diagnosed. No family history. 2.2 dm DCIS, with 0 nodes, ER+, PR+, Her2-, grade 3, high Ki67 score. Was given a 17% recurrance rate within ten years after treatment. So far, nothing!!

BiLat mastectomies, recon, biLat salping oopherectomy. 4 rounds dose dense AC, 4 rounds dose dense Taxol, five years amrimidex, no radiation.

Thank God for good doctors and for the ladies and men on these threads. This site was my lifeline and kept me going. There were times that I could barely post because I was crying onto my keyboard. Cancer is terrifying. Keep posting and know that we are all rooting for each other!!

Dx 3-18-07,2.2cm tumor,stageII,grade3,8 rounds ACT,no rads,Infiltrating ductal,0nodes, bi-latmast.10-07,expanders2-27-08

Jun 6, 2016 09:51AM Youngwithbc wrote:

Bump!

Jun 8, 2016 07:18PM Tmh0921 wrote:

I was diagnosed at age 27 in in 1999. I was stage 1B IDC, grade 2, ER+/PR+, 0/14 nodes.

I had a lumpectomy, sentinel node and axillary node biopsy, radiation, and Tamoxifen.

I've been NED for 16 and 1/2 years, and have had two children since BC.

A coworker of mine was Dx with stage 2 IDC, ER-/PR-, two nodes positive at age 24. And again with DCIS at 44. She's 35 years out from her first Dx, and about 16 years out from her second.

Tracy

Dx with stage 1B IDC at 27 years old in 1999, Dx with ADH in 2016 Dx 12/7/1999, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/22/1999 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 1/31/2000 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 2/1/2000 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 8/24/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 9, 2016 04:24PM Srh242 wrote:

bump

Aug 19, 2016 09:48AM Eibra wrote:

bump

Dx 5/22/2016, IDC: Medullary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 19, 2016 10:23AM fd1 wrote:

I've come five years since I first went to the doctor with a lump. It was breast cancer - 2.1 cm, 2 nodes positive, ER+/PR+, age 30. :)

Aug 20, 2016 02:35AM Eibra wrote:

dear fd1 congrats and many happiness years to come ! You just made our day xo

Dx 5/22/2016, IDC: Medullary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Aug 31, 2017 11:16PM Rubyroo wrote:

Bumping for a pick me up!!

Multifocal IDC. 4 lumps removed in total + a 4cm area of DCIS. Diagnosed at 15 weeks pregnant. Dx 5/3/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/16/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Page 3 of 3 (74 results)