Topic: Any survivors out there diagnosed at a young age???

Forum: Who or What Inspires You? — Share your personal story, diagnosis, and treatment path, and stories of survival, hope, and success to encourage and inspire others!

Posted on: Jun 12, 2013 11:59AM

Posted on: Jun 12, 2013 11:59AM

Youngwithbc wrote:

There might already be a thread about this but can't find it! Was hoping to start one where people who were diagnosed young (20s/30s) could share their survivor stories, if you are more than a few years past diagnosis. It can be difficult to find people who had BC at a young age, and I find it encouraging when I find people who were my age at diagnosis and are now doing great many years later. I'm sure others might find it inspiring as well.

Anyone out there??

Page 4 of 9 (88 results)

Oct 2, 2013 07:24AM JennaJMU wrote:

Lisa I'm so sorry you have such a family history of breast cancer but wow, you also have a huge history of amazing survivors!! Such inspirational stories!

Dx 2/15/2013, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/22/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 5/2/2013 AC + T (Taxol)

Oct 2, 2013 07:58AM MiniMacsMom wrote:

Hi YWB,  I was Dxed in Oct of 2011(at 27) with stage 3C.  I found out after that I was BRCA Pos with no family history.  I am doing great.  I get scans every 6 months and all my Drs. are pleased with my progress and very optimistic.  Technically I have been cancer free for only 18 months, but overall my lil family and I are doing great!

Hugs,
Becky

Diagnosis: 10/25/2011, IDC, 9cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 3, 4/15 nodes + Rotter's Node, ER+/P+-, HER2-, BRCA 2+

Oct 2, 2013 11:41PM Youngwithbc wrote:

Lisa, I am sorry that your family has had to go through so much... definitely some sort of undetected genetic link I would think. But thanks for sharing because that really gives me hope that there are so many young survivors in your family. I am 29...

Best wishes!

Oct 2, 2013 11:42PM Youngwithbc wrote:

Becky - that is great... hope you continue in good health!

May 10, 2014 08:55PM Youngwithbc wrote:

Bumping this in case there are any more stories of long-term survivors out there who were diagnosed in their 20s/30s. Feeling in need of a bit of inspiration!

May 29, 2014 03:16PM eloqui wrote:

Bumping as well- 26 and just diagnosed last month. In need of some inspiration :)

26 years old at diagnosis; now on ovarian suppression with Lupron, plus an AI. Surgery 3/31/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 4/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/5/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): SGAP flap/hip flap; Reconstruction (right): SGAP flap/hip flap Chemotherapy 6/29/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Jun 1, 2014 09:40PM Youngwithbc wrote:

Hi eloqui - feel free to message me if you ever want to chat/have any questions (not that I'll necessarily be able to answer, but I can probably relate)...

Hope some more young (now older!) survivors hop on here...

Aug 24, 2014 08:04PM eloqui wrote:

bumping for the inspiration factor. Hope reading this helps other young survivors stay positive and encourages others to share their experiences!

26 years old at diagnosis; now on ovarian suppression with Lupron, plus an AI. Surgery 3/31/2014 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 4/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/5/2014 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): SGAP flap/hip flap; Reconstruction (right): SGAP flap/hip flap Chemotherapy 6/29/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2014 Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Sep 23, 2014 04:25PM m0mmyof3 wrote:

I was diagnosed last year at the age of 37. Never thought in a million years that my life would be so topsy-turvy.

If you value your freedom, thank a servicemember both serving and retired!

Sep 27, 2014 08:06PM Youngwithbc wrote:

Bump!

Page 4 of 9 (88 results)

Scroll to top button