We are 208,677 members in 82 forums discussing 150,141 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Recommend Your Resources → Topic: Recommended Reading list

Topic: Recommended Reading list

Forum: Recommend Your Resources — Book reviews, favorite web sites, products, articles.

Posted on: Jul 18, 2011 02:42PM

Moderators wrote:

Have you been to the Recommended Reading section on the main Breastcancer.org site? It shows 40+ publications, with links to their respective Amazon.com page.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Nov 10, 2011 02:14PM RedSunshineKim wrote:

It looks like this list came out just before the release of my new book, Red Sunshine,- now distributed by Random House. As a pathologist who specializes in breast cancer diagnosis, I never expected to see my own malignant cells under the microscope. But at 33 years old, shortly after the birth of my second child - I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer.  Believe me, being a physician did not make me any less terrified of both my treatment and my future. But I discovered that the process can be enlightening in so many ways as well. There are lots of great guidebooks out there - but sometimes a glimpse of the journey from someone who has been through it is just what the doctor ordered! 
Kim Allison, MD (breast cancer pathologist, survivor and author of Red Sunshine) Dx 3/24/2008, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Nov 29, 2013 07:24PM Maria253 wrote:

Hi There. The Screech Owls of Breast Cancer by Eugene G Breen is a must read for all those young women and girls who do not want to get cancer. It is a provocative and controversial read of 60 pages and says what no one is saying. It is based on national statistics and cancer trends and needs to be studied.

Feb 14, 2015 03:03AM kazey wrote:

I haven't written anything for a while, but just logged in and came across the thread above about recommended reading. In my  posts in the past, I've gone on about how brilliant I think a book I read is, so would like the moderators to consider adding it to the recommended reading list. It's called Emotional Support  through Breast Cancer and it's by a psychologist who's had breast cancer herself. She's called Dr Cordelia Galgut. What I like is that she tells it how it is! She understands that we don't 'just bounce back to normal' because our 'normal' is different from what it used to be. She reminds us that it's 'normal' to feel frightened and angry, etc. Anyway, maybe you could take a look, it's on Amazon under her name - Cordelia Galgut. I definitely think it's worth recommending to women and their families.

Nov 15, 2016 08:36PM - edited Nov 15, 2016 08:36PM by janetfrome

Brilliant, thank you for sharing! To me its important to make sure people check monthly, or every few months at least, I have been trying to promote this tlc guide, which is free and everyone should tell there friends and family to order! You can get it here: http://www.wowfreestuff.co.uk/free-tlc-guide/

Mar 29, 2018 10:36PM Michelle49 wrote:

I would like to recommend the book "Tripping Over the Truth: How the Metabolic Theory of Cancer is overturning one of medicine's most entrenched paradigms" by Christopher Travis. It presents the history of cancer research and how we got to the present. It also provides an alternate theory that is very promising for the prevention and treatment of cancer

Dx 9/11/2014, IDC, 1cm, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 11/23/2014 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole)

Jun 1, 2018 12:51AM Moderators wrote:

We are pleased to see this thread active again. Thank you Michelle49 for your recommendation.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)