We are 212,244 members in 82 forums discussing 151,839 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Looking for Pinktober Alternative buttons, shirts, charities

Forum: Recommend Your Resources — Book reviews, favorite web sites, products, articles.

Posted on: Sep 11, 2015 06:15PM

ShetlandPony wrote:

My family wants to wear alternative buttons or shirts this October. Does anyone have suggestions or links on where to get some asap?

We want to promote "awareness" that pink picnics and marketing end up contributing very little money toward finding a cure, even though around 30 percent of early stagers progress to stage iv/metastatic through no fault of their own, and some are stage iv at diagnosis. (These are the people made invisible in the typical awareness campaign, and the ones who die of the disease.) We want people to know that this disease is not fun, cute, sexy, or a great free boob job.

Also, once people get this message, we would like to be able to suggest a couple organizations they can donate to that will actually use their donation to help find better stage iv treatments and eventually a cure.

2011 Stage I ILC ER+PR+ Her2- 1.5 cm grade 1, ITCs sn . Lumpectomy, radiation, tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC ER+PR+Her2- grade 2, mets to breast , liver. Taxol NEAD. 2015,2016 Ibrance+letrozole. 2017 Faslodex+Afnitor; Xeloda. 2018 Xeloda NEAD

Page 2 of 2 (35 results)

Posts 31 - 35 (35 total)

Oct 1, 2018 03:56AM Traveltext wrote:

I’m getting feedback from Stage IV folks suggesting groups such as Metavivor and MetUp are worthy recipients of donations.

Recommended reading is the site set up a couple of years ago by regulars on this thread:

www.PinktoberSucks.com

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Oct 10, 2018 11:13AM shepkitty wrote:

Thank you ShetlandPony for this starting this thread! Big hoof/paw bump to celebrate that we're still around to educate and decimate!

I am shirting all my grown up responsibili-tees and am instead posting some stuff to show our rejection of the "Pink Culture".

(It's been a hella year - apologies to my dear friends for popping over here first)

PInK AlterNatives 2018

~ Almost all the items shown above from 2017 are still available!

Teespring for Metavivor with front and back print Sold as a tank top too, offered in 3 colors.

Take This Pink Ribbon Off My Eyes No Doubt Smoke Gray T-Shirt Front #Dontignorestage4 Metavivor.Org Smoke Gray T-Shirt Back

Cancer Lifers for Houston front\back - Other colors crew neck, V-neck and long sleeve available

#Lifer New Navy T-Shirt Front Metastatic Cancer Research Not Ribbons New Navy T-Shirt Back

MALE BREAST CANCER

Male Breast Cancer Survivor Overcome The Stigma Awareness Speak Out To Save A Brothers Life White T-Shirt Front

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013 Stage IV mets to bones/spine, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 brain mets. Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty, 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017. DX 11/7/17 DCIS,Left, Ibrance 6/18

Oct 10, 2018 12:30PM shepkitty wrote:

Amazon sells shirts from Cafe Press - Some artists may make donations or have cancer, unfortunately not stated. This is the fastest way to get a shirt order though. All shirts available in different colors and styles.

For AnimalCrackers ~

F Awareness, Find a Cure

Not Dead Dont Ignore

Surviving Metastatic

breast cancer awareness one in eight

#ResearchNotRibbons

* I am bewildered at how many great products there are that denounce the ribbons but don't offer a website for a worthy charity. Does anyone know how to add text ourselves to a shirt? Sharpies, Iron on Letters....... any suggestions?

"Keep passing open windows" Dx 2/2013 Stage IV mets to bones/spine, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2-. Dx 1/23/2017 brain mets. Bone Rads, 2 Kyphoplasty, 1 Craniotomy, 3 Gamma Knife. Xeloda May 2017. DX 11/7/17 DCIS,Left, Ibrance 6/18

Oct 10, 2018 12:44PM Lula73 wrote:

This young man is handmaking these keychains and (with a little education from me) donating proceeds to METAvivor. If you are interested, PM me...

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 10, 2018 06:49PM - edited Oct 10, 2018 06:49PM by Spookiesmom

I think Cafe Press allows you to design your own shirts. Or find a local t shirt shop and do your own. Big Frog is local for me, and on line. Doesn't get any proceeds to research, but you can wear your feelings.

Dx IDC, Stage IIIA, Grade 3

Page 2 of 2 (35 results)