Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

swim suit for unilateral mastectomy

Texasgirl241
Texasgirl241 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2022 in Recommend Your Resources

Hi there - Does anyone have a recommendation for what to do/wear for swimming? I had a unilateral mastectomy so I have one side that is a saggy 36 B and a flat other side. I know there are plenty of tops out there with slots for removable prothesis - which I have. What I'm wondering is if anyone has experimented with using a chest binder to make the one side be smaller so it will look more natural? I really don't know what I want. Just looking for ideas. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    I'm not sure which side you are trying to adjust! A sports bra or a second layer might help with the remaining breast. Or adding weight to a prosthetic might help it match the other boob. Or a different shaped prosthetic? Or another thing to try is a style of suit with a ruffle or looser top that doesn't clearly outline your chest so it doesn't matter if they match or not.
  • ratherbesailing
    ratherbesailing Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2022

My natural breast was larger than yours. know I had to experiment with the size of my prosthesis, and also wear a fairly supportive top to make them look even. Have you checked out the Amoena Aqua Wave prosthesis, which is made especially for swimming? It comes in fourteen sizes.

• Texasgirl241
    Texasgirl241 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022

Thank you! I have not checked out Amoena, but I will right now. I appreciate it!