We are 194,672 members in 81 forums discussing 143,960 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Young With Breast Cancer → Topic: Ladies in their 30s

Topic: Ladies in their 30s

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Aug 23, 2010 12:10AM - edited Mar 8, 2016 03:08AM by Lady_Madonna

Lady_Madonna wrote:

Hi sisters,

Just wanted to find out how many of us are in our 30s.

Do you have husbands and families? I found that aspect particularly hard while I was doing my chemo- keeping up with the needs of everybody else while I was doing my treatments.

Now I'm in the radiation portion and school will be starting in about 10 days... yay!

Say hello if you have a moment!

Page 83 of 83 (2,465 results)

Posts 2461 - 2465 (2,465 total)

Sep 19, 2017 02:40AM KungFuKitty84 wrote:

Hi!

I'm 33, diagnosed at 32, I have a boyfriend, we've been together for 5 years (6th anniversary is next month), and will be getting married once I'm done with treatment. No children yet (fingers crossed that I can conceive after all of this). Having him has really helped me through this process. He keeps me laughing (most of the time, lol

Don't worry, I'll live. Dx 9/7/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 2/27/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 2/27/2017 Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery 8/11/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 22, 2017 03:52PM KZ09 wrote:

Hey There!

I'm 30 and was diagnosed yesterday! Married, no kids, just looking for advice and support.

Sep 22, 2017 08:45PM mkn86 wrote:

hi kate,

diagnosed last aug 2017 at 31. not married, no kids. started chemotherapy sep 2017.

we're here if you need support.you can do this. hang in there. :)

Dx 8/11/2017, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/7/2017 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel)

Oct 1, 2017 04:00PM Dawn1982 wrote:

hi all. Diagnosed Thursday. I'm 34. I live with my partner, no kids. Our wedding was scheduled for 11/3 but we are going to postpone it a bit so I can get treatment underway asap.

I have idc, 3cm, her2+ ... still waiting on all the other details.

Oct 11, 2017 08:33PM Raque510 wrote:

Hi Ladies.

Without getting into the REAL “long version”, here’s my story:

Found a lump Sept ‘16, a month before my 35th. Ultrasound diagnosed as Fibroadenoma (benign tumor). It grew. Couldn’t ignore it after the first of the year. Went in for biopsy, 3 days later I’m told I have stage IDC (later found to be stage 3A. Had single mx w/no recon, and 2wks later started AC/T chemo, finished 7/17. Started rads 8/30. My rads doc thinks he’d like to stop just short of 30 doses because the tx area is an open sore, just getting worse (some of the worst they’ve seen, in fact).

Now it’s onto Hormone Therapy... which I’m dreading. I need some BC sisterly insight and where better to get it?

I’m scheduled to get monthly Lupron injections to shu down my ovaries, and also take Aromasin (AI). My Onc explained the horrific possible side effects to me better than he explained my breast cancer. I’m going to go forward with this treatment on a trial basis. But I’m desperate to know what to expect. The lowest lows. Any possible pro’s (the only one I have is that it MAY stop BC from recurring, and that’s good enough to give it a try).

My tumor was barely 5% ER positive. I am incredibly sensitive to hormonal shifts (mood swings & weight gain). Went into chemo-pause during Taxol and have not come out of it. I want to keep my marriage in tact and re-establish a sexlife with my husband. No family planning for us so that’s not a concern. I’m scared and reluctant after hearing so many negative effects.

Dx 1/13/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 83 of 83 (2,465 results)