We are 212,244 members in 82 forums discussing 151,839 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Ladies in their 30s

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Aug 23, 2010 12:10AM - edited Mar 8, 2016 03:08AM by Lady_Madonna

Lady_Madonna wrote:

Hi sisters,

Just wanted to find out how many of us are in our 30s.

Do you have husbands and families? I found that aspect particularly hard while I was doing my chemo- keeping up with the needs of everybody else while I was doing my treatments.

Now I'm in the radiation portion and school will be starting in about 10 days... yay!

Say hello if you have a moment!

Page 89 of 89 (2,646 results)

Posts 2641 - 2646 (2,646 total)

Oct 4, 2018 09:48PM BT39 wrote:

clarrn: Thanks for your message. That's good to hear. I'm so glad you have a 6 month old. :-) Congratulations!

Dx 6/29/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 8/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Oct 6, 2018 02:16PM Tuna27 wrote:

Hello ladies- I'm doing research to better understand needs and wants of other survivors throughout their journey. Would love your help by answering a quick 3 question survey on products you have found to be a big win or big flop. I appreciate all your honest feedback.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RSYJNHN

Oct 7, 2018 02:47PM - edited Oct 7, 2018 02:48PM by Countrygirl80

Hi ladies...I'm 2 years out from finishing chemo. My treatment team has scheduled a chest CT (routine to follow up on tiny lung nodules that were on my original and post-chemo CT - but were unchanged) for next week. They've told me not to worry, it’s just routine,but how do you not? Anxiety has set in and I feel like I'm reliving those early days/weeks post-diagnosis...

Dx 6/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 7, 2018 04:28PM Palesa2018 wrote:

Hi Countrygirl- sending hugs and best wishes your way. The fact that the nodules are not new and have not changed should encourage you. I guess anxiety will always creep in everytime we are assessed. Hoping for a good outcome for you!

I will also be doing baseline scans after completing radiation.

Dx 6/7/2018, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 7/9/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 8/9/2018 Radiation Therapy 9/16/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin)

Oct 9, 2018 04:10PM Countrygirl80 wrote:

Thank you, Palesa...I’m ashamed to admit, that I’ve put way to much energy into worrying about it.

Hugs to you as you finish radiation and move forward with your journey. Light and love

Dx 6/2016, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 16, 2018 01:31PM Parrynd1 wrote:

Countrygirl, I also had some nodes seen on my lungs in a scan last year. It turned out to be scarring from pneumonia that had me in the hospital (caught it a week after finishing chemo!). They show up to this day and sometimes the size changes very slightly. My doctor said this could be because I’m in a slightly different position from the last scan, the nodes aren’t perfectly round so at different slices it can catch a wider profile, and always the human factor as a technician is the one who clicks the 2 points of measurement. I always worry they will tell me these have changed, but I try not to spend my emotions on what if’s. If it turns out to be bad I’ll worry the because the what if’s can lead you down an entirely made up world of worrying you don’t need. My advice is to repeat what you do know, facts, and positive thinking (I hate when ppl tell me this but damnit it’s true). Good luck

Dx 9/4/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/29/2016 Other Chemotherapy 2/21/2017 AC Surgery 5/17/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 10/4/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 3/2018, IDC, Right, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/bone/lungs/other, Grade 3, 1/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 5/23/2018 External: Brain Chemotherapy 6/27/2018 Other Targeted Therapy 10/1/2018 Avastin (bevacizumab) Surgery Chemotherapy Other

Page 89 of 89 (2,646 results)