Join Us

We are 217,585 members in 84 forums discussing 160,639 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Ladies in their 30s

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Aug 23, 2010 12:10AM - edited Mar 8, 2016 03:08AM by Lady_Madonna

Lady_Madonna wrote:

Hi sisters,

Just wanted to find out how many of us are in our 30s.

Do you have husbands and families? I found that aspect particularly hard while I was doing my chemo- keeping up with the needs of everybody else while I was doing my treatments.

Now I'm in the radiation portion and school will be starting in about 10 days... yay!

Say hello if you have a moment!

Page 92 of 92 (2,743 results)

Posts 2731 - 2743 (2,743 total)

Jun 21, 2020 01:05PM - edited Jun 21, 2020 01:06PM by LiveLoveLaugh2020

Clarrn that's nice that you've made friendships out of this terrible situation. I haven't been on the site long but it has changed a lot from what people are saying it used to be. Congrats on the second baby that's amazing! So happy for you.

I'm hoping to have kids. Just hard to find a good man these days.

Hray glad you are almost done with chemo. I hope radiation and surgery goes well.

DCIS Dx @ 34 - Bil NSM 09/2019 - Bil implant exchange with FG 01/2020.

Jun 21, 2020 08:30PM hray1993 wrote:

thank you. I’m hoping radiation isn’t too bad. It’s not something I thought I was going to have to do but now I do so I’m a little worried about it.

Diagnosed at age 26 with no family history and no genetic mutations. Cancer doesn’t have an age. 5% ER+, 20% PR+, HER2-. Treating like triple negative Dx 12/19/2019, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/13/2020 AC + T (Taxol)

Jun 21, 2020 10:53PM buttonsmachine wrote:

hray, I was afraid of radiation at first too, but in my experience it was much milder than chemo or surgery. I hope it's that way for you too.

Diagnosed at 32. Local recurrences in skin one year later due to needle seeding at initial biopsy. Dx 8/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/2017, IDC, Right, Grade 3, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 21, 2020 11:25PM LiveLoveLaugh2020 wrote:

You got this! 💪

Jun 22, 2020 08:53AM - edited Jun 22, 2020 08:55AM by ajminn3

Smichaels11- Don't worry, once you get a plan and get moving through treatment you'll be able to get back to some of those fun things to look forward to. We had to cancel a lot of plans and trips as well when I was first starting and now that I'm partway through and have a better handle on my side effects and treatment schedule, we've been able to get back to some fun activities. We just got back from a camping weekend with the kids, something we really enjoy doing and weren't sure if we'd be able to do at the start of this cancer mess. I had my HP infusion Thursday and a full week of radiation and I felt good enough to still go. Just want you to know that it's scary, but life can go on and be fun again eventually. I just know how hard that diagnosis and month or so after getting it is.

Hray- I agree with buttonsmachine, radiation has been a breeze (so far) compared to chemo. You've been through a lot! If you have to do radiation- you got this

Dx 12/2019, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2 Dx 1/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Jun 22, 2020 01:30PM Smichaels11 wrote:

Thank you for the kind words! I had an MRI this AM followed by my port placement. I'm pretty sore right now but currently enjoying lunch at my favorite restaurant and a lite beer (shhh!!).

Diagnosed at 30 years old. Mom to a 5 year old son. Dx 6/11/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/1/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/1/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Jun 22, 2020 10:17PM LiveLoveLaugh2020 wrote:

Lol...hope you enjoyed it. Also hope you’re feeling better.

Aug 12, 2020 08:45PM - edited Aug 12, 2020 08:45PM by Mariadll

Howdy all!

I was originally diagnosed at 30, and now am being treated for a recurrence (same tumor, same site), at 37. (Yes, I had negative margins from my first surgery. It just goes to show you anything can happen.) This Friday was supposed to be my NED anniversary. Needless to say, I won't be celebrating. I'm lucky both Dxs were early stage (1a). But damn - this still sucks.

The main difference between then and now is that I now have 2 toddlers, a business, and there's this little thing called COVID floating about. Cancer with young kids is 2000 times harder than without. Throw quarantine and self employment into the mix and BAM - there's a stress bomb for you.

Anyway - I didn't mean to come to vent. I meant to say hello, fellow thirty-somethings!

Surgery 8/13/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx 8/22/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 4/3/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/6/2020 AC + T (Taxol) Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Aug 12, 2020 10:03PM clarrn wrote:

mariadll- sorry you have to be here! We were originally diagnosed the same year at the same age! I had a 2 year old then and I now have another 2 year old (7 years apart). I am back on the forums for my upcoming reconstruction Aug 24th. One thing I learned the first time is to accept help with my kid on your worst days, and also there were many days me and my daughter watched far too many cartoons and it was GOOD. We got to be together, and it didn't rot her brain. So try not to let the mom guilt take you down. You got this! And your kids will be ok even if they watch cartoons and eat cheerios for dinner ;)

30 years old at dx, Implant lost due to infection. Open wound packing for 108 days :( now onto a Free Tram Dx 12/4/2013, DCIS, 6cm+, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Dx 1/29/2014, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 2/27/2014 Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 4/7/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 10/14/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 2/27/2015 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 3/22/2015 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 8/23/2020 Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap; Reconstruction (right): Free TRAM flap

Aug 12, 2020 11:00PM - edited Aug 12, 2020 11:00PM by LiveLoveLaugh2020

Hi Maria - so sorry you are dealing with this once again and on top of that with all the added stress of Covid. Vent all you need!

God bless you ladies going through this with children! It's hard enough dealing with on it's own. You will get through this. I wish you the best!

Aug 12, 2020 11:19PM ajminn3 wrote:

Mariadll- welcome back! (Unfortunately). I’m 34 with 3 boys (6, 4, 1.5). Treatment with little ones is not fun, but survivable...I made it through this Spring during the start of covid and everyone home with me. It sure was a wild ride. My kids enjoyed their extra ipad and tv time.Like clarrn said, accept the help when you need, ignore any mom guilt, and know that the kids will be okay! Here if you ever want to vent, chat, etc!

Dx 12/2019, DCIS, Left, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 2 Dx 1/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Surgery Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Aug 13, 2020 03:51AM Smichaels11 wrote:

Hi there Maria, I'm sorry you're going through this again. Good news (if anything related to cancer can be good news) is you caught it early again. I am in the thick of chemo with a 5 year old and although it's not been a walk in the park, it's doable. I'm getting him ready for kindergarten and COVID is making everything so difficult. I focus day to day on what I can do and let the rest go. I know all of this is finite and allow others to pick up the slack. Sometimes my little guy watches too much youtube on his tablet or skips a bath. My SO makes dinner and does the lion share of cleaning. I never feel guilty because, well damnit, I have cancer lol!

I am lucky to be able to work from home right now and am fortune to have a boss who went through breast cancer several years ago, so she is very understanding. If I need a day to rest I take it. Sometimes deadlines mean I have to push through, but for the most part I am very forgiving with my body. I believe being young gives us an advantage because we can fight through this with more energy and stamina. You got this, girl!! 💪

Diagnosed at 30 years old. Mom to a 5 year old son. Dx 6/11/2020, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 7/1/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/1/2020 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/1/2020 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 23, 2020 01:05AM - edited Aug 23, 2020 01:08AM by Mariadll

@carrn I wish you the best this Monday. Thank you for the reassurance regarding my kiddos. It's exactly what I needed to hear, especially after a high screen time day, and lots of mom guilt. Tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. This group is a haven.

Surgery 8/13/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx 8/22/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Dx 4/3/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/6/2020 AC + T (Taxol) Chemotherapy Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy Surgery Lumpectomy: Left

Page 92 of 92 (2,743 results)