Join Us

We are 217,587 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Low grade IDC with large node involvement

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2016 06:26AM - edited Apr 12, 2016 07:34AM by italianhusb

italianhusb wrote:

Hello everyone.

I'm from Italy so sorry in advance for language mistakes...

I'm married with a beautiful girl who in 2010 had IDC, at the age of 29...

Now she's 35 and after 6 years without problems we're very worried about a probably recurrence because of two small lumps on the side of mastectomy... We hope is just a local, we are waiting for the surgical biopsy (twenty days ago she had lumpectomy).

Her primary IDC was very strange: quite small (1 cm) and low grade 1, but at the same time had 8 of 35 positive nodes...

IDC was ER+/PR+, HER2- too, with Ki 67 = 19%.

She did chemio, radiotherapy and tamoxifene for 5 years.

Is there any young woman had similar diagnosis (low grade but large node involvement)?

I tried to find someone reading posts and profiles but find noone...

Thanks for your attention.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 14, 2016 11:06AM Veronica31 wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. While I do not share a similar diagnosis with your daughter, you may find others who have similar diagnoses in the Stage 3 breast cancer forum (https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/67). I wish you the best of luck and will keep your daughter in my thoughts!

Also, your English is spectacular : )

Dx 10/21/2015, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/23/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 1/8/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/20/2016

Apr 15, 2016 12:37AM italianhusb wrote:

Hello Veronica

Thank you very much for your reply, and, in particular for your thoughts.

She is not my daughter but my sweet wife... Unfortunately we don't have children at the moment, after 5 years of tamoxifene we were ready to start but now is possible we have to wait more...

Spectacular is too much for my english, i think for my wife's needs is love speaking not me...

Best of luck for you too!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)