We are 208,537 members in 82 forums discussing 150,069 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Young With Breast Cancer → Topic: Anyone in their 20s?

Topic: Anyone in their 20s?

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Jul 10, 2018 04:56PM

DG10004 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone else is battling BC in their 20s? I was diagnosed in Jan 2018 with stage 2b IDC. I was 24 at the time. I'm 25 now and I've had a lumpectomy and recently completed my 6 rounds of chemo. I'm continuing treatment with 6 more rounds of Perjeta and Herceptin, plus radiation which I've just begun.

It's lonely being diagnosed with BC at such a young age.. The other women I see in the cancer center are all much older than me and, although most are very sweet and friendly, it's hard to connect with them on a deep level given the fact that we're at drastically different stages in our lives. I'm single and have no kids. I was in a relationship with a guy for almost 6 years before I was diagnosed, but I saw his true colors when he decided to break up with my only hours after I found out I had cancer. We were actively house hunting at the time, so I'm now back home with my parents.

Despite being a disease that mostly affects older women, I actually feel even more juvenile since my diagnosis. Are there any other women in their 20s who have a similar experience? Or any that simply share their own BC story?

I look forward to hearing from you!!

Surgery 1/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 1/17/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 3/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 10, 2018 07:08PM WC3 wrote:

I'm in my 30s...not much more of a different place than I was in my 20s, I find I just have a significantly lower capacity to put up with other people's BS....and I would rather stay in and watch Netflix than go out.

Sorry your ex was such a jerk. There are a lot of great guys out there though and I'm sure you will find one some day.

There are a lot of women in their 20s with breast cancer and who have had breast cancer on youtube who you might be able to get in touch with.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)