We are 211,362 members in 82 forums discussing 151,444 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Anyone in their 20s?

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Jul 10, 2018 11:56PM

DG10004 wrote:

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone else is battling BC in their 20s? I was diagnosed in Jan 2018 with stage 2b IDC. I was 24 at the time. I'm 25 now and I've had a lumpectomy and recently completed my 6 rounds of chemo. I'm continuing treatment with 6 more rounds of Perjeta and Herceptin, plus radiation which I've just begun.

It's lonely being diagnosed with BC at such a young age.. The other women I see in the cancer center are all much older than me and, although most are very sweet and friendly, it's hard to connect with them on a deep level given the fact that we're at drastically different stages in our lives. I'm single and have no kids. I was in a relationship with a guy for almost 6 years before I was diagnosed, but I saw his true colors when he decided to break up with my only hours after I found out I had cancer. We were actively house hunting at the time, so I'm now back home with my parents.

Despite being a disease that mostly affects older women, I actually feel even more juvenile since my diagnosis. Are there any other women in their 20s who have a similar experience? Or any that simply share their own BC story?

I look forward to hearing from you!!

Surgery 1/12/2018 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 1/17/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 3/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 11, 2018 02:08AM WC3 wrote:

I'm in my 30s...not much more of a different place than I was in my 20s, I find I just have a significantly lower capacity to put up with other people's BS....and I would rather stay in and watch Netflix than go out.

Sorry your ex was such a jerk. There are a lot of great guys out there though and I'm sure you will find one some day.

There are a lot of women in their 20s with breast cancer and who have had breast cancer on youtube who you might be able to get in touch with.

Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jul 22, 2018 06:37PM Sunshine89 wrote:

i was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2014 at the age of 25. Stage 1 2cm with 0/12 node involvement. it 2018 january i got married and in july 2018 i diagnosed with reccurance soo unlucky :( right now i am lying on hospital bed tomorrow is surgery and thn will start chemo and temoxfin so i had it twice in my 20s it happens :)

we can exchange numbers if you really want to talk and discuss about treatment and side effects :

Dx 8/2014, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 2/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxotere)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)