Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Oncologist recommendations?

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Apr 22, 2019 11:34AM

lightningblue wrote:

I didn't have a great first experience with the medical oncologist at my hospital. I want to get a second opinion before making decisions about chemo and hormonal therapy. Does anyone have an oncologist they would recommend? I'm on the east coast USA but willing to travel, any recommendations are appreciated. I would love to have an oncologist that works with young patients.

Diagnosed age 32 in March 2019 Surgery 4/11/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Apr 27, 2019 02:20PM DG10004 wrote:

I absolutely love my oncologist at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, CT. His name is Dr. Zia Rahman and every fellow patient of his that I've spoken has nothing but incredible things to say about him. I can say he has experience with young with breast cancer because he's been seeing me since I was diagnosed last year, at age 24! The entire hospital and cancer center (which is part of Smilow Cancer Center in the Yale New Haven Health network) is great. I highly recommend the doctor and the facility.

Surgery 1/12/2018 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 1/17/2018, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 3/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)