We are 222,154 members in 81 forums discussing 156,588 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer at 25 years old.

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Jul 25, 2019 05:43AM

br3atsss wrote:

No family history, no warning other than a tiny lump everybody told me not to worry about it. I found out about a half-hour ago. Why am I even posting this? I guess I just needed to get it out there...

I am terrified.

What should I do now?

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Jul 25, 2019 06:38AM godisone wrote:

Hi br3atsss, i guess you are right. its just nothing just relax.at the age of 25 the female breast are still shaping up and developing so at this time one can feel some lumps and they dissolve themselves in some days. it may be just developmental lumps of the breast. but honey, i believe there is no harm if you go get it checked, i mean what harm can i cause? it would just remove any stress clouding your mind right now. you can visit https://www.voiceofcancerpatients.com/, https://www.cancersupportcommunity.org/breast-cancer or other such websites including the one you are currently at where you can read the conversations in various communities and make sure that its nothing to worry about.

good luck to you dear.

Jul 25, 2019 06:51AM - edited Jul 25, 2019 07:02AM by Scrafgal

br3arsss

You've been diagnosed with breast cancer?

So sorry that you've been hit with this, especially at a young age. Glad that you posted here. You can get a lot of support and information here, as you move through a treatment plan.

There are threads on this forum for younger women that you will find helpful. You can do a search for them and I am sure that the moderators can help you find them.

What can you do? First, it's okay to cry about it. It's a big deal and you have the right to feel shaken by this. Second, rely on support from close family and friends that you trust. You don't need to do this alone. Third, be sure to find a medical team that you trust. If you live in a city with a major cancer center, you might find their resources useful, in addition to high quality care. Fourth, remember this: you came to the right place here. Lots of survivors are here to encourage you.

Keep us posted on things...anytime, and as you get more info about your diagnosis.

You are not alone. We're here for you.

Dx 12/2016, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/6/2017 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Chemotherapy 6/15/2017 FAC Hormonal Therapy 9/27/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 10/13/2017 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 3/16/2018 Reconstruction (right): Nipple tattoo Surgery 5/9/2018 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting Surgery 5/9/2019 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting

Jul 25, 2019 07:30AM Mavericksmom wrote:

I can't even imagine what you are feeling now.

Please ask someone, a sister, mom, friend, spouse, someone you trust and who cares strongly about you to be an advocate for you. That person should accompany you to your doctor appointments and be your person of reason when you “get crazy." Breast cancer is an emotional ride like none other. You need someone to turn to during times of stress.

Secondly, check your insurance and seek the best medical facility/doctors you can. Be sure to factor in distance and affordability of transportation.

You are so young so expect doctors to be aggressive, surgery, chemo, radiation. If you don't need chemo great, but prepare for it emotionally.

It is a lot to absorb. It will take time to sink in, that is normal. Visit this site, there is a thread of young women with breast cancer here.

By the way, when I was first diagnosed in 2003, I was the first in my family to get breast cancer. I went into it thinking I had no family history only to find out that my mother and two of three sisters would be diagnosed inthe following years.

Dx 6/4/2003, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 0/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/15/2003 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 9/8/2003 Radiation Therapy 12/14/2003 Dx 11/4/2018, ILC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/8/2019 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 4/24/2019 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 26, 2019 01:56AM godisone wrote:

you have just discovered a small lump honey, it does not necessarily mean that its a breast tumor. yes, breast cancer is possible at an early stage as well you should visit the doctor and get yourself diagnosed but no need to panic that is for sure. be calm get your appointment and get all the necessary diagnostic tests done. no need to cry or panic just now. you are too young. do visit the doctor though and keep us posted.

Jul 26, 2019 02:26AM WC3 wrote:

br3atsss:

Did you have a biopsy?

After I had a biopsy and I knew what type of breast cancer it was, I had a few consultations with breast surgeons and oncologists and met with my GP. Long story short, I ended up at a comprehensive breast cancer center. I had a breast MRI, a PET/CT because of possible lymph node involvment, a port placed, neoadjuvant chemotherapy and targeted therapy, and then surgery.

Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jul 26, 2019 05:09AM edj3 wrote:

godisone she said she was diagnosed right there in the title.

Dx 4/9/2019, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Dx 5/6/2019, LCIS, Left, <1cm, 0/1 nodes Surgery 5/6/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 6/1/2019 Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 26, 2019 08:38AM santabarbarian wrote:

It has got to be a shock. I was shocked to be diagnosed (at 56!).

It's good you found this site. There is a lot of support including other young women with BC. We're sorry you are here but this is a good place to get support. We are here for you.

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo w/ integrative practices Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/10/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 26, 2019 04:51PM edwards750 wrote:

edj3 - I was thinking the same thing. That’s why she posted to begin with.

Diane

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)