Join Us

We are 216,745 members in 84 forums discussing 160,184 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Stopping Prolia for conceiving - confused

Forum: Young With Breast Cancer —

Connect with those under 40 who have been diagnosed.

Posted on: Nov 5, 2019 11:40AM

BCFighter2017 wrote:

My oncologist gave me green signal to stop my hormonal therapy ( Exemestane and zoladex) to try for baby but my Bone doctor is insisting to continue Prolia ( I have had 2 shots every 6 months) . Though he is saying there is no connection between reproductive endocrinology and Prolia , on reading online i see it's not recommended to get pregnant while on Prolia.

Does anyone have any experience and thoughts around this.

Dx @ 34 thinking it was closed milk duct after stopping breast milk pumping Dx 4/10/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/2/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary
Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Log in to post a reply

Nov 5, 2019 02:14PM gb2115 wrote:

What does your OB think about it?

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.
Log in to post a reply

Nov 6, 2019 02:55AM BCFighter2017 wrote:

My OB asked me to stop Prolia

Dx @ 34 thinking it was closed milk duct after stopping breast milk pumping Dx 4/10/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/2/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary
Log in to post a reply

Nov 6, 2019 04:23AM godisone wrote:

Any drug which might (even with the slightest chance) interfere with conceiving on growth of the baby inside the womb or affects growth of the child physical or mental should not be used atleast 6-12 months before conceiving the child. You should talk to your team of doctors and decides for yourself what suits you the best as there is no point in either producing a baby which is not fit or being unwell yourself due to lack or abscence of required medicine. So decide mindfully and take the right decision.


Log in to post a reply

Nov 7, 2019 10:55AM BCFighter2017 wrote:

Thanks for the reply godisone !

We want to try in this break window since it would be too late if i wait for the hormonal treatment to be done.

At the same time i don't want to break my bones as well :-D ( well , not literally )..So for now let me pass on to Prolia , start taking multivitamins to prevent further bone loss and see how it goes.

Not sure i am taking right decision or not but just doing it what my heart says

Dx @ 34 thinking it was closed milk duct after stopping breast milk pumping Dx 4/10/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/2/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/5/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)