We are 161,364 members in 81 forums discussing 127,198 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Humor and Games → Topic: how about drinking?

Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 05:40PM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 780 of 1,582 (47,457 results)

Posts 23371 - 23400 (47,457 total)

May 3, 2012 03:12PM NativeMainer wrote:

Good morning, Loungettes! I was hoping for some sun today, looks like I'm going to be dissapointed that way. Ah well, such is life. Chilly in the again this am. May and I still have to run the furnace for heat! Yeesh!

Mema--losing a post is the pitts! Lots of fukitols for you, and lots of dwinkies of your choice, not to mention the tender of your choice.

Regarding Maypoles and maypole dancing--does anyone realize that the whole thing is a pre-Christian fertility celebration? Done in the spring to insure a good growing season. The pole is a phallic symbol, the woven streamers are a female symbol. I bet no one in our schools knew any of this!

"The earliest use of the Maypole in America occurred in 1628, where William Bradford, governor of New Plymouth, wrote of an incident where a number of servants, together with the aid of an agent, broke free from their indentured service to create their own colony, setting up a maypole in the center of the settlement, and behaving in such a way as to receive the scorn and disapproval of the nearby colonies, as well as an official officer of the king, bearing patent for the state of Massachusetts. Bradford writes:

"They also set up a May-pole, drinking and dancing about it many days togaether, inviting the Indean women, for their consorts, dancing and frisking togither, (like so many fairies, or furies rather,) and worse practises. As if they had anew revived & celebrated the feasts of ye Roman Goddes Flora, or ye beasly practieses of ye madd Bacchinalians."  Wikipedia

DorKable--I hear you about the medical debt thing. I've got an unopened bill sitting on my desk. Not sure I want to know what it is, even though I've met my deductible and out of pocket for the year, I still get bills. Cannot figure it out. Wish I was rich enough to drop all insurance and pay directly, then I could negotiate discounts and such. Sigh.

Wahine--getting stuff ready to pack and then dwinking while packing sounds like a great way to go! Gonna remember that for next time I have a trip to pack for!

Good morning, LORD, it's me again. Can I ask YOU to look out for Melinda? She's got the scary c-diagnosis and going to have surgery, probably today if I've got the timing right from Wahine's post. She and her parents could use YOUR strength and peace. Please guide the docs during her surgery and her care, please arrange for her to land in the "cured" column when this is all over. Thanks, LORD, appreciate YOUR time in this.

DorKable--I've found a few things trigger hot flashes, too. Dwinks with alchohol in them for one. Being in a warm place with no air movement is another. Haven't been in a hair dryer so don't know about that one but I wouldn't be surprised! And speaking of soy--I was looking at margarines in the store the other day (since that's supposed to be better than butter for cholesterol/fat intake) and could only find 2 that weren't soy based. I know soy is probably ok, but I just cannot bring myself to eat stuff that is almost totally soy. I guess I'm more afraid of the rat ba$tard than I am cholesterol. Neat stuff about the Amityville house. I read somewhere it was torn down, do you know if that's true?

Vodka kitteh is right, It's 5 o'Clock somewhere, always!

Karen--You might want to try taking the calcium and magnesium at night rather than in the am, the combo is very relaxing and will help you get to sleep. Add magnesium in slowly, it can cause diarrhea and tummy upset big time--magnesium is the basis of a lot of laxative, Milk of Magnesia being one of the best known. Taking Vit D with Omega 3 is a good move, the D needs the fat from the Omega 3 to be absorbed. Have you ever had a blood clot? If you have be cautious with the Vitamin K. On the other hand, if you bruise easily or bleed a lot when cut the Vit K is a good thing to take. I'm sure you'll get the summer schedule all worked out somehow. What did you decide about the wedding, going or not? Happy birthday to DD, and Hooray for school counting down! Almost done!

Bernie--LOL!!

Juliet-- I need to memorize that prayer!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Kill the Rat Ba$tard
1 part Midori Melon Liqueur
1 part Vodka Vodka
1 part Amaretto
1 part Coconut Rum
1 part Sloe Gin
1 part Cranberry Juice

Directions
Pour equal parts into a mug/glass. Add the alcohol first, then add the cranberry juice last. This drink may be mixed/stirred, but it isn't required.

dx 3/07, Stage 2, Grade 2 IDC, 2.8cm, ER+PR+, Her2(-), SN-, lumpectomy & rads, mastectomy 8/15/08, right prophy mast and bilateral DIEP recon 6/21/10 Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

May 3, 2012 03:54PM wahine wrote:

NM, Interesting about the history of the Maypole...I had NO idea!!! Thanks for the special prayer for Melinda. I will let you know when I hear something. OOPS....did I weally say I was dwinkin while packing??? I musta been so dwunk I didn't ebben remember! Still haven't put anytin in da suitcases yet....lots more ta do. YUP I'll dwink anudder Kill The Rat Ba$tard dwink, foah shuah. ChEARS!

May 3, 2012 04:42PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Oh mese missed da pArTay las nite...sounds like Wawa n DorKa had the Tenders to demselves most da nite...ewes goils deserb all dat attention and more too.

Went to da bar yest...tried to coax Stella to git her butt to town, den mese forgots Eric tender was off yest.  O mese was woiried Stella bese mad ifin she come only to find Eric not der.  Not dat she don't lub mese n DH n Bax n Bella, but still, wese all knows how she has a mind a her own.  N E way, mese called her, she was cool wif it, gonna stay in Vegas, den come up later today when she sweeps off her hangover.  Tol her Chinese food tanite if she gits here on time...she pwomised she‘d be here!

Bernie - lub da kids wrath jokes...too funny and da turtle...hahaha.

Juliet - dat sounds a lot like my morning prayers...LOL.

Karen - sounds like you gonna be pretty busy this summer...I wish you were in Israel for the walk too...hope you get to go this summer tho.  Oh , I was taking the calcium/vit d plus 2000 iu of extra D.  Jes got blood work...tooooo much vit D, so not taking the 2000 iu anymore.  Might want to make sure you're not on overload with some of your supplements.  Happy Bday to DD #1.  I'll wish you a Happy Bday now cuz the 8th I will be in Vegas getting a MUGA scan and hopefully seeing my Nephew, as it is his Bday too.  I saw your latest post, good ref the Vit D, jes so your levels are being watched.  I have not even finished my bottle of 90 2K vit D and my level was 88, range is 10 to 75. 

Wawa - Will keep Melinda and her family in my prayers.  I 2nd every word of DorKa's RB rant...yeah.  You take it easy tamary...try not to do ANY lifting...want your back to keep you going with minimal pain...will be thinking about you...check in when you can.  Stella and I will be heading to Vegas tamary...Sat is the walk/race. 

NM what a nice prayer....I recited it several times, make sure He hears me!  Den I'll hab mese a few DOTD's and recite dat prayer agin...I'll repeat dese steps til we knows all is OK with Melinda.  .  I did not kno that about the maypole being a fertility thingy in da dark ages.  Veddy interesting dahling...thanks for sharing.  And thanks for the ‘heads up' bout the Mag...that may be causing my tummy troubles.  I take 120mg in morning b4 I eat, then another in afternoon or evening after a meal.   

Lori - ewes home yet?  Hope all went well at da show.

Cindy - still praying fer you and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Alli - be safe....kno you will ck in when you can.  Oh, did you ever tell me what horsey you were liking in da Derby?

Well...need to git busy with my packing.  Eber1 have a gwate ThirstyDey!!!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

May 3, 2012 08:08PM , edited May 3, 2012 08:09PM by NativeMainer

Oh, boy, Jocks, bring me a BIG dwinky and keep them comin'!  Just saw a new appointment on my work calendar, got a meeting with one or both of the supers Friday pm just before I go on call.  I confronted one of the sups about a snide comment made during a meeting and she said something about "addressing behaviors" so I must have said or done something that upset someone.  Time to start seriously looking for another job.  It would be really nice if the meeting was to tell me that they found someone for the weekend job and I'm moving to days in a few weeks, but the chances of that happening are probably pretty low.  Would help if you ladies would keep in mind tomorrow around 3:30 pm.  In the meantime, where's my dwinky?  Oh, here it is, and there's the one for the other hand, and I see a pitcher getting mixed up and filled and even has a goofy, curvy straw stuck in it!  Yeah! 

dx 3/07, Stage 2, Grade 2 IDC, 2.8cm, ER+PR+, Her2(-), SN-, lumpectomy & rads, mastectomy 8/15/08, right prophy mast and bilateral DIEP recon 6/21/10 Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

May 3, 2012 09:05PM juliet62 wrote:

Dx 4/21/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 5/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2011

May 3, 2012 10:14PM NativeMainer wrote:

I want to work in THAT office!

May 3, 2012 10:16PM juliet62 wrote:

good luck with that meeting tomorrow nm, any news on melinda yet?

Dx 4/21/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 5/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2011

May 3, 2012 11:22PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Hi Dahhhhlinks!!!   Stella HAS ARRIVED.  Thank you DorKa (n Alli) for sending her to me.  She wants to go RIGHT NOW to see Eric...but I tails her NO...we habta be good to drive to LV tamary and she smell like a brewery alwedy...she musta been dwinkin since she left home.  She calm down now...playing with Baxter n Bella.  She say der lickin tickles her nose.  LOL  Yep, dey do.

NM....will keep you in my thoughts n prayers tamary.  By 12:30 my time shud be jes arriving in Vegas...will keep da positive thots dat they calling you in to give you da new, better schedule.

O Tay Den....off to bix supper...n a nudder dwinky...Tits UP!!!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

May 3, 2012 11:47PM wahine wrote:

Oh NM, of course we will all be thinking of you at 3:30 tamarry....I will prolly be doing it at 30k ft high or so, though. Will be in your time zone tomorrow night! HOPING and PRAYING the meeting WILL be a good one, so you won't need to look for another job. Let us know! IN the meantime, I will dwink wid ya for Pau Hana!!!!

Safe travels tomorrow, Sue! And I hope the weather will be great for your walk on Saturday. Also hoping you and Heather can meet!!!

Had to run errands today.....so back to packing.......

Suck 'Em Up!!

Kath

May 4, 2012 12:08AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Tanks WaWa - supposed to b nice, mayb light breeze and bout 80 degrees.  I can handle dat.

Ok, gotta go find Stella n me pooches...DH jes arrived home and will want his din-din!

Love ya all muchly muchly!!!

May 4, 2012 12:29AM karen1956 wrote:

Feeling kind of invisible on fb....I've made a few posts where i've asked questions and no one has responded....now it has nothing to do with bc, so its in no way directed at my sisters here....just my fb "friends"....makes me wonder about staying "friends" with several people.....hurts my feelings....thought I was real time friends with a couple people, but they don't respond to my posts or emails, so wondering what I have done to hurt them...they are two gals I met last summer....wonder if I should send an email and ask...and apologize....one gal wrote me an email last summer after we got home and it took me a couple months to respond cuz of the place I was in and I've written a couple times and no response...the other is on fb....don't know what to do.....will mull it over for a couple days.....

going to make dinner shortly....salmon, rice, corn and salad and of course glass of wine

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-, Dx 2/2/2006, ILC, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 8/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/1/2006 Mastectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2006 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2006 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/27/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 10/19/2006 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2007 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 3/23/2007 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2007 Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2007 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 7/23/2007 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 7/1/2008 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 4, 2012 01:17AM wahine wrote:

Big (((HUGS))) Karen, Hope it doesn't get you down. I'm gonna ask Pants to jest pamper you ALL NIGHT....but first, here is a nice BIG glass of wine. Oh heck, here is the whole bottle!

May 4, 2012 02:28AM MemaSue56 wrote:

WaWa - u all packedd, ready to fly away for awhile?  I am all packed.  Will do my walk in the morn, do some grocery shopping and head for LV about 11:30.  Stella still packing, unpacking, packing, unpacking.  She habbin trouble deciding what to take.  Mese tail her she fineliest in n e ting she wears.  But she wants a hat for Derby day, a Cinco Day themed top...oo mese...she too widdle to wear my cwose...so wese mite hab to stop at Bealls on our way out tamary.

Karen - don't let fb gals get ya down...I'll help dwink dat bottle WaWa gave ya...make us both feel better.

Drink up goils...it's Thirsty-Dey!!

May 4, 2012 02:38AM Dara_Diverse wrote:

Hey goils!

Happy thirstdey and I am berry thirsty! I will take one of those straws to de JD bottle and hang with NM.

NM, I am so sorry this is happening. I hate the politics with management. I will surely be thinking about you tomorrow. Hugs to ya.

Suzie, have a great time, hope you can post on de weekend. I get sadliest on de weekends when I is here by meself. I like to share de tenders with all yese wunferfilled goils. I will be tinking about you and our lil Kitty Kat on saturdey. And keep a close eye on dat Stella. One ting I should tail ya, she likes to portend to be sleeping den sneak out to ummm, be with de boys. And don't tail her I tailed you, but she likes em berry young. And watch yer likker, it will nessapear when she is about. hehe!

Kathy, have a wonderful trip. I hope you feel well.  Give hugs to your friend Melissa from me. I also hope you can post.  Will  you have internet? We is habbing a big partay on saturdey night so you better be dere or be sqware! 

Karen, I know the feeling. My bff forever is like that. It takes her so long to respond when I write her. She claims to be busy, and she is, but it is still not cool. I am busy too. I don't say anything though, I try to accept her as she is. That is just the way she rolls so I roll along. Try not to fret over it. If you feel strongly about saying something, then do it! If they are true friends, they will respond. 

Thinking of Cindy and hoping she can drop in soon. 

Hello to all you goils. I am digging the funny cartoons and yokes too. Tanks for sharing, jest love all yese goils.

Well, time to go. I has to get ready for tomorree. And dat means foyst, habbing a dwink. Why of course, dat is how I get ready for ebberything, a dwink den do someting. Den a dwink, den do sumting else. THAT my fwends, is how I roll.

Cheers!

"Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS! Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 4, 2012 07:05AM kittycat wrote:

Hi girls! I have a good reason to cheers! My brain and lower spine MRI came back NED! Yipee!!! That makes me 2 years NED!

Our local Komen office wants to have my father inlaw interviewed on the news and they wanted him to speak on stage at the walk. He also had bc. He's pretty shy and didn't want to do it. So, I'm going to my inlaws' house tomorrow to be interviewed by the news. And if my FIL feels up to it, we are going to get on stage at the Komen walk. I'm pretty excited about this. I just have to figure out what I'm wearing tomorrow. I took the day off to do this and to get stuff ready for the walk. :)

2 time survivor of triple negative BC, postiive for BRCA1 gene mutation! 9 surgeries, 5 months of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation. Dx 6/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 4/30/2010, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/10 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/16/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2010

May 4, 2012 08:21AM BernieEllen wrote:

Bernie Dx 2/16/2011, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 4, 2012 09:25AM hawaiik wrote:

@BernieEllen
LMAO love this
Drinking Chardonnay tonight
Cheers
K

ER 70% 1-2+, PR 50% 1-2+ BMX with DTI Recon SalineDec27 ,2011 , exchange surgery to silicone 11/29/2012 Surgery 8/1/2011 Lumpectomy: Left Dx 8/3/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 12/27/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 11/29/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 4, 2012 12:33PM Mrs_Vino wrote:

Awesome kitty! You will do great. U and Mema will have to post pics, k?
Can't say much else. Too much wine last night, topped off with some tanqueray and tonic. There's a little man walking around in my brain beating a big drum.i have to get him out and get ready for the Oaks.

Allison Dx 4/14/2011, , 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 4, 2012 12:51PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

Good morning goils and hap!py friedey!!

A big congrats to Kitty Kat on NED, love love love that word.

Kathy, have a safe trip.  

I hope that everyone has a good day.  

Cheers!

"Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS! Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 4, 2012 02:36PM NativeMainer wrote:

Good morning, Loungettes! Had a wonderful sleep in this morning after staying up late (for me) watching a Steven King movie on TV last night. Ah, the simple joys of life!

Mema--thanks for the good wishes. Sounds like Stella is having her usual good time, sure she'll have even more fun tomorry!

Wahine--thanks for the good thoughts, if you will be that high you will be that closer to God, maybe He'll hear you better? I sent out a couple of applications yesterday, so that's my ace in the hole if the meeting goes as badly as I fear it may. In the meantime, keep dwinking!!!

Karen--facebook can be isolating for all it's supposed to be a social site. I'm sorry you're being ignored there, and it is hurtful when that happens. So easy to gloss over something uncomfortable on fb or by e-mail, both are still mostly impersonal forms of communication. Don't apologize unless/until you know what to apologize for. Try sending an "I was thinking of you" e-mail and see what response that gets. A neutral contact may bring your friend back if she's embarrassed about not responding or not sure how to handle the big c thing. In the meantime, enjoy the wine!

Stella--pack whatever, you look fab in anything, even a burlap bag! Especially if the shoes match the burlap. . . .

DorKable--Thanks for the thoughts and hugs. I'm not crazy about office politics, either, but they are a fact of life. Hmm, speaking of politics, maybe I should send a formal application in for the position I want. Wonder what that will do, if anything? Here's a bendy straw for you, extra long so we can lounge and dwink and gossip!

Kittycat! NED HOORAYS!!!!! And so great that you are being interviewed--way to get the word out! Hope your FIL speaks up, male bc is way too under talked about.

Bernie--LOL!

Hawaiik--Welcome to the Lounge!

Mrs. Vino--Send the man with the big drum and eviction notice, ASAP! Lots of water will flush him down the drain, for sure!

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Drummer:
1/2 oz Tequila
1/2 oz Triple Sec
1 oz Apricot Brandy
1/2 oz Dark Rum
1 oz Rum
3 oz (fresh) Orange Juice
2 drops Angostura Bitters
1 dash Grenadine

Directions
Pour all ingredients into a blender with 2 - 3 ice cubes. Blend for about 10 seconds, and pour into a highball glass over 2 - 3 ice cubes. Decorate with an orange slice and two maraschino cherries.

May 4, 2012 02:56PM goldie0827 wrote:

HELLO, I'M BACK TOO!

I have not caught up with reading, and not going to even try to ketchup! But will say a few things, ya don't mind, do ya? Well too bad if you do!!!! Tongue out

Some great jokes and pictures, Kathy-LOVED the hula hoop and red wine, very entertaining. Safe travels for you and I hope your friend is ok.

NM, so glad  you are back, gosh, not only did we miss you, but we were so worried.

We had a good show, found some interesting things for a new business we might start up. Also found out that our freind and business partner is shipping stuff on OUR UPS account (mrdrip, which belongs to just my dh and myself) instead of the company it's suppose to ship under. So we are stuck paying the shipping. I am so pissed at this person and can't wait to get our business back up here.

Must git me "fanny" movin.........lots to do!

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 4, 2012 03:54PM NativeMainer wrote:

Hi, Goldie!  it's too bad your business partner was shipping using the wrong account.  Was it intentional?  I can't image the hassles of owning a business.  BTW, the Wall o' Water plant protectors have protected my lettuce, broccoli, and other stuff through wind storms that took out power lines, near frosts, and now heavy rain.  Last I checked everything was thriving! 

May 4, 2012 05:43PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Morning dahhlinks...jes a quick pop in.  Gotta leave for LV in bout an hour. 

DorKa - dagnabit...mese members ewes warning bout da Stella n da boooys n spashally da likker.  Well, dis morn like at 2 ayem...mese bladder is full n after I look in on Stella...she gone.  One phone call to da bar...she n Eric been partayin since his shift ended at 11p.  OO she sufferin dis morn...but no probs...mese gib her a widdle hair of da dog...she all better now...ready to roll!

Kittycat - YAHOO....that is fabulous news.  O and so cool bout the interview.  We'll be hangin at the stage to CHEER you n your FIL on.  This is jes sooo wonderful!!  See you tomorrow!!

Bernie - Love dat - great advice to all of us!

Cindy - prayers n more prayers....((((CINDY))))

Will try n check in later tanite from DD's puter....dat is if mese SIL doesn't git me tooo tupid on da killa...he does dat often when mese bisits dem.  Mese will warn dem bout Stella too...fo sho!!

Love n Prayers to EVERYONE!!

May 4, 2012 07:59PM BernieEllen wrote:

Bernie Dx 2/16/2011, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIB, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 4, 2012 10:14PM juliet62 wrote:

how did the meeting go?  nm, good luck tomorrow mema  and enjoy the race alli

May 4, 2012 10:17PM juliet62 wrote:

lol bernie    off for 6 nights but due to mandotory classes ,can't go anywhere!

May 5, 2012 01:24AM Dara_Diverse wrote:

where's everybody? I am here dwinking by my dernself.

NM, hope that today's meeting was not what you were expecting, thinking of you.

Juliet, I loved the story about the visiting dog, very cute! It was not the ending I expected.

Bernie, I read today's posts from work and copied your "pat on the back" cartoon and sent it to a coworker and told her that our boss needs a good pat on the back. As always, thanks for de laughs~

Lori, welcome back, yippeeeee! But chit, really, how could this partner do that to you and your DH?  sure hope it was a mistake but fear the worst. I hope things work out. I sure missed you.

Mema Sue, you are soooo punny, you cwack me up. And dat Stella is a piece of work. How did I know she would sneak out in de middle of de night. She is so bad (contrary to what de boys say) hehe. I really hope you and Heather are able to meet up tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it.

And Heather, how awesome that you and your FIL were featured on the news.  I hope you are able to post a link. You should be berry proud of Daddy Kat for speaking out. It has to be even more difficult for a man to deal with the rat basturd just because there are so few of them around to support each other. 

Allie, you look so beautiful, you done good with putting together an outfit, I love it! I will leave it to you to post for de other goils to see. I hope you have a great time at the Ky Derby. I really really wish I could be there to enjoy it with you.

Karen, I liked NM's suggestion on approaching your friends. I hope you are feeling better today about things. And happy birthday to all your clan! Enjoy.

Tomorrow is my DD's sailabration where she gets awarded volunteer of the year. I am so stinking proud of her.  I was just on the web site for the Atrazenica (sp?)Hope Cancer Lodge and wow, what a great place.  There are only a handful of these facilities in the US, I sure hope that the ACA is able to open more. I was reading some testimonials of patients and their families and they warmed my heart. I can't wait to visit and see my baby girl receive her award. 

So is anybody gonna join me or am I going to dwink alone (ba da da DA) (tinking of de song "I dwink alone" (ba da da da), with nobody else (ba da da DA)! Join me, somebody, anybody!!!

Cheers, my dears!

May 5, 2012 01:33AM AStorm wrote:

Hi ladies! I don't know how drinkin people can move so fast. My PC has been giving me a pain in the pattoottee and now my car too... tranny broke on the freeway (very exciting) and I paid more than the car is worth to get it fixed and it is still funky. Maybe I just need a drink?

Gail “Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.” Unknown

May 5, 2012 01:36AM karen1956 wrote:

DorK...I'm here drinking with you...going to pour a 2nd glass of petite syrah...and munching on white cheddar chipins...now why I'm eating, when in a little over an hour we'll eat shabbat dinner is beyond me, but I guess it lets me drink more...now how am I going to loose weight this way!!!

Way too hot here in Denver today....high 80's....missed the news so don't know if we broke a record, buts its way too hot for my liking!!!! this is mid July weather if you ask me!!!

My DH got me the coolest pair of Sanita clogs...dark Navy patent with flowers  on the back and on the outside front corner pinkish/red butterfly....they are awesome....even though its way too hot tomorrow, still going to wear them...

Regarding the two gals...I met the two of them last summer in Israel...thought we connected and became friends.....so its not a long term relationship....the more I think about it, the more I think I want to ask if i've done anything to offend them....just need to know...one lives in LA, the other in Israel....

Going to go finish cutting up veggies to have with dinner...then put a coat of polish on my nails...they keep peeling and the colored nail polish seems to help...btw...does anyone have problems with their nails peeling...

Have a great week-end....Hugs, karen

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-, Dx 2/2/2006, ILC, Stage IIIA, Grade 1, 8/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/1/2006 Mastectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 3/22/2006 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2006 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 7/27/2006 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 10/19/2006 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/1/2007 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 3/23/2007 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2007 Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2007 Aromasin (exemestane) Surgery 7/23/2007 Reconstruction (right) Surgery 7/1/2008 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 5, 2012 01:37AM karen1956 wrote:

Gail....seems we were posting at the same time...glad to see you...but sorry for the car problems....

Page 780 of 1,582 (47,457 results)