We are 208,457 members in 81 forums discussing 150,025 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Humor and Games → Topic: how about drinking?

Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 10:40AM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 1796 of 1,854 (55,591 results)

Posts 53851 - 53880 (55,591 total)

Oct 11, 2017 10:16AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Morning DahhhhLinKs,

I have to clarify....it is not melanoma (that was the reference I mentioned about the wait to hear results that one of the breasties mentioned)...mine is a biopsy for a new mass found in my R-breast. I must have really messed up my sentence structure in the other post. Sorry ladies for my faux-pau.

Lowee - tank ewe fer sharing your surprise with me. Am thrilled ur TM's are down even if only slightly. I had given up with the results, figured they didn't find anything as the MRI-mammo was on 9-13. I was so relaxed that when the call came - I lost it.

I think the surgeries boil down to Illimae and I. She is scheduled for 10-20 and I am for 10-24.

NM - I can relate to the land and the house creating somewhat of a heartache. Hated to leave my childhood home in Phx, and my kids were unhappy about my selling the house in LV that they grew up in. It's not easy.

Gotta get busy - it's laundry day....ugh.

LUBSlubsLUBSlubsLUBS

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

Oct 11, 2017 10:18AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Oh, and Teka - WOW I am impressed at how fast you found those posts. Tank Ewe berry much!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

Oct 11, 2017 11:50AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 11:00AM by Teka

This Post was deleted by Teka.
Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Oct 11, 2017 12:45PM Jazzygirl wrote:

We will be in a couple pockets next week while Mema and Illl go through more treatment Heart

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 12, 2017 11:15AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good morning, almost afternoon, Loungettes!Got on the computer and got carried away getting some things taken care of and never realized how late it was getting in the day! But I've got my e-mail caught up and cleaned out, and following up on the garage door repair among other odd assorted chores that needed doing online. Fall has moved in, Sadie is out on the sun porch basking in a pool of sunshine, I'm wishing the passive solar would heat up the living room a bit faster cuz my fingers are cold and I keep making typing mistakes.

Goldie--praying for good lab results. I will have the memories of the time in the trailer, and that's what really matters. And who know, Mom may never get what she wants for the land and I may inherit it when she dies (along with my brother). I think I'll let God take care of that one for me, if I'm to have the land, I'll end up with it eventually, if not, then I don't need it. I think it's more a last connection to Dad than anything else. Aha, lab result are holding steady or just a bit better, that's good!

Mema--I'd be messing up more than just sentence structure if I got a call about needing a biopsy so long after getting a test. It's funny, I didn't have much trouble when my folks moved out of the house I grew up in.I was grown and in my own place when they made that move. I wonder why this time it's bothering me so much more?

Teka--you must be some expert scroller to find that stuff so fast!Good skill to have!

Jazzy--up, pocket parties to be planned!

Dances with Hornets' DOTD:

Arizona Sunrise

Ingredients

Directions

Add ice into a tall-stemed cocktail glass, pour grenadine over ice, add enough that some settles on the bottom of the glass Add tequila, orange juice, and lime juice into shaker with ice. Shake thourghly. Garnish with a straw, lime wedge OR orange and cherry.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/14/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/28/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/9/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/4/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/24/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/14/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/20/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 12, 2017 01:01PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

Hi girls, Happy thirsdey to you all!

Mema, sending you lots of love and hugs and sending up prayers too. Thanks for clarifying what is happening, I was funcused.

Lori, glad to hear that the TM's are down some, that is good news.

NM, sorry to hear that the remaining parcel of property from your childhood is being sold off. I remember when my parents sold my childhood home and it was so sad. I still ride by when I get that way.

Sandy, hope you are feeling better. Dahem, it is jest one ting after another with you.

Ill, I will be in your pocket when you have your surgery, we love pocket parties. Will join Mema Sue as well.

Teka, good job getting the 411 on Sue. Love those willie plants wanna schoke em up.

ED! So good to see your face in the lounge, let's knock down a few together. cheeRs!

Jazzy, loved the video from GMA. And that singer, yes, her voice is beautiful and does remind me of the departed Whitney. I am still sad over Whitney's death, so senseless. Glad to know I am not the only one suffering from post surgery issues, ugh. Sorry for your friend.

About mese belly, I am going to see a general surgeon, I am not in a hurry although I prolly should be. It has been three years since the botched diep surgery. The small area in question has never been quite right. It got worse since the debridement. I am so busy with work that I hate to take the time to get my issue handled.

Weather here is sucky. It has been cold and dreary. But had the best summer ever. I have really enjoyed working outside this year and my yard is in the best shape ever. I put in so many perennial gardens. I can't wait til next year. I am really sad to report that I am getting my pool closed on Sunday. i hate hate hate the ugly green cover. I wish someone would design a safety cover that looks like a summer scene and igves the illusion that the pool is still open. We had the best weather lately, days and days and days of abundant sunshine. I told Cheryl that I felt like I lived in Southern California. Speaking of, where has our Heidi been? Tinking of her along with our other missing gals. Miss Cammy and hoping that Leslie;s first treatment went well. Pls report Cam and Heidi if only to say hello. I hate when I do not see my goils in de lounge.

Well that's about it from Kansas hehe. Hope you all are having a stellar day. Remember to dwink up and keep those tits up, that is IF you got em!

cheeRs!

(and lots of love to all)

"Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS! Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 12, 2017 08:28PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Good evening ladies- what a busy week this has been! I got my convertible back today with new tires on the back! Lots of errands done too. Then spent some time this afternoon in to evening continuing to work on finishing the residual organization in my garage. I have a few boxes left to go through and working to either donate, take more to consignment, recycle, etc. as I go through. Almost done and down to the hardest boxes (the paperwork stuff, ugh). I managed to drop off a lot of donations yesterday and the 2017 clean out continues.

Got some good news that my new teaming partners are meeting with the CFO tomorrow on the RFI we just put in. I like the people and excited about this project too. We hope to get a timeline on final decisions so we know if we are part of the chosen consultant team or not. I may know more after tomorrow, fingers crossed. I had something else come up on the west coast and going to talk to that group tomorrow!

The balloon fiesta continues to have stellar weather this year and so pleased to see things going well for the visitors. We can sometimes have rain, or wind, or both The community here makes hundreds of millions between hotels, restaurants, car rentals, various retail sales, etc. and very good for this impaired economy. I was at a local nursery today and saw some people dropping big money on some of the mexican yard metal yard art (I got a wicked cute pumpkin container). The people who thought they might be coming through town could not make it so no going down to the field, but I am going to be up early tomorrow to do some rooftop yoga where we can see the balllons floating over head. Should be a fab experience!

NM- sounds like fall is feeling crisp your way. Regarding why things bother us more as we age, I think after certain events (like the passing of people), we yearn for the old times. I sometimes yearn for the place, but in reality, it is really the time in life that we cannot return to. Both my sister and I had this huge nostalgia about moving back east after our mother died, even though we grew up there, moved away and then back and away again and really don't fel like it's home anymore. The last time I visited, I just felt like I totally had no place there with too many gone, no homestead to stay, etc.) There is a term by the name of "saudade" that sort of describes this but think there are other terms too. Sometimes just blessing the time for all it gave you can help?

Dara- sorry to hear the weather is not great, but it sounds like the summer was most awesome for you. I think a pretty pool cover sounds like a business opp. There seem to be pictures on everything these days, have you looked on line? I hope you can get help from the GS on the diep flap problems. I too hope the BC sister here who had problems is doing okay.

Wondering where Genny went?

Goldie- glad to hear the TMs are stable. We too only have yellow foliage here, a few places get the reds and oranges. The cottonwoods at their peak of gold are lovely (aspens too, but over now....)

Cami- where are you friend?

Hoping our other sisters here are hanging in. Will post some pics from yoga and balloons this weekend!

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Oct 12, 2017 08:57PM ChiSandy wrote:

The word on my jaw is that it's both TMJ and sinus issues--the salivary glands are next to lymph nodes, which swell during infection (probably minor & viral) and stimulate me to salivate. I noticed that I had unconsciously been clenching my jaw before feeling a "pang" so I am trying to relax more.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 12, 2017 09:17PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

Jazzy, glad you got the convertible back. And sounds like business is going well, yay!

Sandy, I feel for you. Try hard to not clench and grind, that will irritate the TMJD and also the sinuses. I firmly believe that my sinuses were affected from my clenching and night grinding. As soon as I started wearing the night guard, all of my sinus issues went away. The guard I used, called an NTI can also be made to prevent day time clenching and eliminate symptoms other than just the headaches I had. If i had the money, I would get one made for day time. I find that my pallet, sinuses and head hurt more when I a clench, I catch myself often. Especially when I am uptight. Ugh. I hope you are able to get some relief.

I miss Genny too, Jazzy.

"Sugar Dazzle Thighs" *¨*•¸¸¸.•*¨* You can spend your life being angry about it. Or you can forget it and move on *¨*•¸¸¸.•*. CHEERS! Dx 6/1/2010, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 12, 2017 09:58PM ChiSandy wrote:

I might dig out the night guard I had made as an alternative to a CPAP (and which cost twice as much). It actually gave me TMJ until it was retooled--but I stopped wearing it in May 2015 when Bob had to be readmitted to the hospital several times in the middle of the night after being injured by a botched colonoscopy. Several weeks after healing from a hemicolectomy, he drove himself to the ER (!) for emergency hernia surgery--I found out when I got up in the middle of the night and found his side of the bed empty and his shoes, phone and driver's license gone. I called him and he said to bring some more stuff and take an Uber up to the ER so I could drive his car home. I know it seems ridiculous, but I wanted to be ready to jump out of bed at a moment's notice and either take Bob to the ER or call 911 (speaking articulately) and follow the ambulance. Then along came breast cancer...

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/23/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/2/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/31/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Oct 12, 2017 10:02PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

I am glad you have a guard Sandy. I have heard about them giving one TMJ. Hope you can find it and hope you will use it. I think it will help.

Oct 12, 2017 10:04PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

does your "hair" ever hurt Sandy? that was my first symptom. And I always know when a headache is coming as my hair starts to hurt when I wash it. when I was having the headaches, washing my hair was excrusiating!

Oct 12, 2017 10:33PM ChiSandy wrote:

No, my hair doesn't hurt. My sinus symptoms start with a weird "brain-flinch" or "zap" sensation (a similarly afflicted friend described it as "shells snapping shut"). Then the inner front of my face feels like I've just jumped off the deep end of a chlorinated pool without my nose clip. Then my upper molars begin to itch (and on a really high-allergen day, I get a stabbing pain just above my remaining upper left bicuspid (I had to have my first bicuspids extracted because my mouth is too small)--the nerve is very close to the sinus.

Oct 13, 2017 12:30AM ChiSandy wrote:

Update: DOTD is Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label....GO CUBS!!!

Oct 13, 2017 07:16AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF! Going in for a few hours for a school flu shot clinic this afternoon. Should be a lot of fun, working with kids is a blast. I wish I could take Sadie with me, she'd be a fantastic distraction. Tomorrow I'm going on an all day Lighthouse and foliage cruise. Need to leave home about 6 am to be at the dock by 8, cruise is from 9 to 5:30, goes past 10 lighthouses, under 2 large bridges, 40 miles up the Penobscot River to Fort Knox, with a wildlife and bird expert, a lighthouse historian, and a Fort Knox historian all on board to talk. Going to be a fun day out on the water.

Sadie and I had a nice day yesterday, mostly puttering in the kitchen. Made a lemon cream cake (didn't come out as good as I was hoping, still looking for just the right recipe), and pork chops with roasted acorn squash. When I went back to plate up the second serving to put in the fridge I discovered that Sadie had eaten the rest of the roasted squash!Definitely going to make it again, though, it's so easy and really tasted good. Had a nice California Red Blend wine with it, very yummy.

Dara--Don't put off seeing a general surgeon too long, ok? I know it's the last thing you want to do, but don't let the spot get too big or get infected. Time for a real surgeon to take over and get this fixed once and for all. I can imagine that closing the pool is a sad sort of time. It is too bad there isn't a cover that looks better than the plain green. Maybe you could paint your cover?

Jazzy--Hooray for progress on the garage organization, and on the progress on the work front! Nothing like progress to make you feel good! Roof top yoga with balloons floating overhead, what a wonderful picture that makes! It should be a wonderful experience, for sure. The weather has turned and gotten nicely crisp, with morning frosts and bright sunshine. I think you are right that it's more wishing for old times than really wanting the land itself. Every time someone asks me what I would do with the property I come up blank. I just want to have it. Not a good enough reason to upset the current financial apple cart. There's lots of family in that area, so it's not like I can't go back and visit.So I'm giving it over to God, and letting it go.

Chi--ugh, sinus and TMJ, what a combo. Glad it's not anything more serious, though.

Dances with Hornets' DOTD:

Spiced Lemon

Ingredients

Directions

Pour the Country Time lemonade into a highball glass. Add the spiced vodka, stir and serve.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/14/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/28/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/9/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/4/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/24/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/14/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/20/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Oct 13, 2017 08:57AM goldie0827 wrote:

Well crap Sue. Any treatment plans? Saying many prayers for you.

NM, wanting the land must be just what you said, it's connection to your dad.

Wacko, get that tummy taken care of. It's more important than work. Plus if it gets worse, it could end up you will be out of work even longer!!!! Wow, that is a great idea on the pool cover girl. And why green? They could at least use blue. Did you get any MMJ yet? And you reminded me of the headaches you were getting, those are gone now?

I too agree about missing some goils. Mary is another one that hasn't been by in a long time. I'm missing seeing pictures of Nora.

Jazzy, I can see where there is lots of money to be made from the balloon fest. There are TONS of people, but it is so worth it.

Oh my goodness Sandy, was this recently that your DH drove himself to the ER and left w/o telling you??? Oops, I see it was in 2015.

NM, that cruise sounds awesome. Wish we could all come along! Funny that Sadie likes squash. And taking her for a distraction to the kids would be fun for sure. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed.

Walking the cannabis tradeshow today. Visit with onc was same ole. He is amazed at how much time I have on the FU pills. He says average is a year, I've been on for 3.

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Oct 13, 2017 12:04PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Spectacular sunrise with the balloons today and being on a roof top for optimal views

Oct 13, 2017 01:11PM Dara_Diverse wrote:

NM, a cruise? And without us? Wahhhhhh! Wish I could come, sounds so relaxing. Enjoy the kids, nice to get paid for something you love. i oculd not be more happy for you.

Lori, yes, for the most part my headaches are gone. When I fall asleep on the sofa without my guard, I do get a slight headaches. And falling asleep away from my bed happens too often. I will get to the surgeon soonliest. The area is quite small but nonetheless annoying and painful as well.

Chi, sounds horrible, hope you feel better. Did you find your night guard?

Jazzy, I am envious of where you live. Yoga on a rooftop would be enough for me to participate. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Today is a big work day for me, lots of catching up to do. Being self employed means being self motivated, something I need to continue to grow on. Lots of opportunity to make the big bucks.

I heard from Kymn, a prior loungette, she wanted the link for this thread for a friend. Hope her friend reports as it is nice to knock down a few while helping others. I miss Kymn, she added a lot to our thread.

Friday the 13th will be my lucky day, hope it is for all of you as well.

Gotta fly, love you all!

chEErs!

Oct 13, 2017 05:33PM camillegal wrote:

OMG how long has it been--to long for me.

I'm reving up my prayers for SusQ and Ill. I'm so sorry to hear all of this, I'm so glad u tell everyone so we can send prayers and HUGS to u.

Lori even a little bitis better. Oh I luved the video of u'r camping, I, yes me, had tears in my eyes. haha ecuse the language, that was a hoot. U had to have a great time and u so deserve to.

Dara, I know u just strted working, but PLEASE take care of that thingy u have. I can't believe it's still going on with u. I still have that pic. in my mind.

Teka such beautiful pics and a beautiful mind-damn u found that fast--u'r so good at that. And u'r kindness overflows.

Oh Chevy I don't remember anything u said but I do know u had to be crazy back then, cuz u've carried it to senior living very strong.

NM Sadie cracks me up all the time, she has to be so much fun to live with. And u too are busy all the time, but mostly on u'r own terms--which is so much nicer.

Wait I don't see anything I wrote for Jazzy and I did, now I don't remember. It disappeared, how could one paragragh do that??? Shut up Chevy.

Oh my brain is screwy, but I do know it. Now my sister has gone back to the hospital--now she has E coli in her bloodstream and she feels really floopy. Les had her first chemo finally and she writes down every day, so far she's not doing bad, but we all know this is topsy turvey event. I'm not that busy at work but fall asleep on and off all day and answer stupidly, well more than usual.

Sandy I hope u get all of this straightened out soon but u really know about all the things u go thru which has to be a big help for u.

Having a brunch at my bosses house Sunday, I hope I can go---My cousin just told me and I realized it's her BD Sunday--well no present this year not that she cares.

Everyone is going out tonite, Leslie feels up to it and I encouraged her to go so she's giving it a try. and Joey is going out with his friends...OK ladies I'm off----shut up Chevy.

LUBS U ALL

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Oct 14, 2017 01:41AM ChiSandy wrote:

Found the night guard, gotta brush it and then soak it overnight in Polident--will use it tomorrow night. Really should help--been holding my mouth so gingerly that I've been biting the inside of my lip when I eat. Should help with the snoring too--ironically, one of the roles I'm playing in this year's Bar Show is a housewife complaining about her husband's snoring!

Early dinner snack was two chicken tamales with salsa verde. We went to the 9pm show of Blade Runner 2049, and Bob hadn't eaten; so I had popcorn & "Babe" sparkling rosé; he had a Miller Lite. Afterward (much later--it was a loooong show) we went out to Little Bad Wolf and I had a glass of Vega Medien Rosé Cava.

Oct 14, 2017 07:40AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:58AM by Teka

Note to self: I don't have to take this day all at once, but rather, one step, one breath, one moment at a time. I am only one person. Things will get done when they get done.

Oct 14, 2017 08:35AM camillegal wrote:

Good Morning Ladies,

Sandy I hope that the guard really helps a lot, so u won't be biting all different places. I heard some storms this morning and we're supposed to get more this afternoon, so stay dry.

Jazzy I've enjoyed all the pics u've been sharing, I think u all know how much I do luv seeing pics. So it's a given.

Dan came over last nite and we talked about business, he's hired a new man and get this <he's serious> I'm the now customer service, hahaha, I just want to be the person who answers the phone, just to much pressure having a title. He's making his famous waffles, tomorrow so I hope I can go. He's so sweet tho, he told me if I ever need him, like cuz I'm sick and no one is home as he put it, if he's on a job digging a ditch, to call him and he'll be here for me.He's so so good. I'm so blessed with a great family and friends.

Les is still doing OK, just some stomach upset, which they gave her meds for and she said they help--so sfar so good.

LUBS U ALL

Oct 14, 2017 09:21AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Good morning friends- waking up to another perfect weather day, and the balloon festival is wrapping up tomorrow. The skies were amazing last night on my evening walk, and the whole sunrise and sunset was just spectacular yesterday. A bit of rain late afternoon, but early enough to avoid problems with the balloon glow last night. Watching to see if any balloons may be coming this way but nothing yet.....

Going to spend some time at home today continuing to work on change of season things and purging. I got my dining area reorged yesterday and ready to move some of the house plants indoors in the next week or so. It warmed up again, but in the next few weeks, we may get a hard freeze. I need to spray them a couple times to get any bugs and spiders off them (eek!)

Chi- my DOTD was a non-alchoholic apple and lingonberry sparkling cider I got at the Ikea in Denver. Very tasty and might be nice for anyone over the Thankgiving holiday. I also got something called Atomic Pumpkin beer recently and that is darned tasty too. Pumpkin spice everything!

Cami- glad to hear Leslie has her chemo starting. I did not have chemo but remember my sister said about day five, things hit. With each treatment, they hit a bit earlier after infusion. How long will her chemo go? I know some sisters have to go longer if they are HER 2 positive. I hope your sister is better soon too, anything like that in the blood is serious!

NM- what are you and Sadie up to today?

Hsant- thinking of you sister and hoping you are feeling a bit better each day. Been a super hard year for you Heart

Goldie- how is DD doing? Is she still out west with you? I think she was part of the surprise on your camping trip? Did I get that right?

Dara- keep us posted on any procedures you are getting too. We have plans to be in a few pockets here for Ill and Mema in the next week and will be here for you too?

Time to get on the yoga mat (need to do a bit more each day to be ready for a whole weekend of it starting next Friday). Wishing you all good day!

Oct 14, 2017 10:54AM - edited Dec 12, 2017 10:59AM by Teka

Oct 14, 2017 12:06PM camillegal wrote:

LOL Teka!!!

Jazzy Les is negative, she's supposed to have chemo every 2 weeks for 4 months then surgery and hopefully it's don then rads. I hope that's it then, I had mine the exact same way except every week and after surgery, I went back to chemo for 1 year then finished Herceptin the next couple of months then rads--that's why I say I hope 4 months work, cuz I think the more u have the worse it is on u'r body.

OK does anyone know of a wine diabetics can drink safely??? See now this is important.

Oct 14, 2017 12:45PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Cami- wine has natural sugars so most of the time, they recommend you either drink it sparingly or not at all. Even non alchoholic ciders have sugar.

I have blood sugar issues but not bad (hover beween pre to the line, but now back to normal with some meds and also loosing weight.

There are some delicious flavored sparkling waters that I enjoy when I want to be festive but not drink. Voss water is my favorite and the tangerine water is yummy!

Oct 14, 2017 05:29PM ChiSandy wrote:

Cami, good wishes for Leslie that her chemo side effects are manageable.

Jazzy, Voss is really pricey but I love their bottles. I've been getting LaCroix's "Curate" line of unsweetened flavored seltzer: cherry-lime and grapefruit-canteloupe (my MO says grapefruit extract or flavoring is okay with letrozole and my BP medication). Dasani has blood orange and black cherry--both are great.

My DOTDs thus far were a shot of espresso (with a small tomato and a couple thin slices of prosciutto) before leaving for Bar Show rehearsal, and a cappuccino when I got home (my Aeroccino Plus frother went blooey so Nespresso sent me the next model newer, a Model 3). Rehearsal was called for 12:30, and the train ride usually takes me 45-50 min., so I left at 11:10 to give me enough time to plink around my harmony part on the piano. Well, I got to Granville Red Line station only to find that southbound trains were skipping it (every station between Howard & Berwyn), so I had to wait for a northbound train up to Howard (an excruciatingly slow trip with three stops), then a southbound train at Howard. Figured I could save time by taking the Purple Line (fka the Evanston Express) into the Loop, but found it doesn't run on weekends (except between Howard and Evanston/Wilmette). Ten-minute wait for a Red Line into the Loop. Nice that it sped nonstop down to Berwyn, but was slower than usual the rest of the way due to the rainy slippery tracks. At least I didn't have to fight my way out when we got to Jackson--because it's Saturday, the Loop area stations weren't full of folks headed to the South Side like they are during M-F evening rush hours.

Walked in at 12:25 (miracle of miracles) only to find I was the first one to arrive. It's a tricky number, a parody of "The Room Where it Happens" from Hamilton. The harmonies keep getting switched around (I sing first alto for 2 or 4-part harmony and mezzo for 3-part) from rehearsal to rehearsal, so my part was a bit tough to "tease out" (will have to sit down and pick it out on guitar--thank heaven it's in C/Am, so I don't have to capo or adjust fingerings). But the big surprise was that four of us were also singled out to do rap lines--and wouldn't you know mine's the trickiest rhythm! (At least we don't have to do rap hand gestures). Half the women in the scene weren't there Tues. night so we basically had to start from scratch. Then we worked on the initial choreography ("initial" because it'll probably change several times before the run of the show begins).

Gonna have another cappuccino (decaf this time) and maybe a nap--I was online till 3 am, and came upstairs only to find Bob still awake and watching a movie he'd recorded. I had less than 6 hrs. of sleep. And Gordy's spending the weekend with his GF, so I'm on kitty-wrangling-&-feeding duty through tomorrow night.

Oct 14, 2017 09:13PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Chi- very true about Voss. I usually buy it when it is on sale. I have a flat of perrier I get from Sam's club and drink that most of the time. Another option for anyone who has Costco or Sam's club. Voss is a treat, but just love the taste. Drinking some tonight as a matter of fact!

Oct 15, 2017 01:05AM camillegal wrote:

Thanks Jazzy, it's really for my sister--her glucose was higher than usual and the Dr. told her to skip her wine. Well that's like telling a monkey not to throw his chit. So I thought if anyone would know u gals would She's had a glass of wine as long as I can remember, of course we're trying to tell ourselves this could be just a bump with all of the stuff she's been going thru, cuz she's never been a little high before, always fine. My DD <Jodie> drinks sugar free vodka mixing with something sugar free, but she has Diabetis I, she hardly ever drank until FF who is an alcoholic got into the picture. But I'm not blaming him, it's her choice, well at least it's not all day like him, and he still doesn't have a job and I think she's getting tired of it, cu it up to her to bring in all the money--He did try that Lyft but u really shouldn't drink with that job. And now she's an "assistant" to 4 senior partners and she said it horrible 2 of them are not that nice. And she's always so busy and comes home and there he is cooking dinner at least, but it's always what he wants. And I think keeping him in beer is a load of money. See why I call him FF. Just one reason.

OK I'll stop complaining. Jeez then I don't have anything to say LOL

Well my BFF is coming in 2 weeks nd I'm so furcited, it's been years since we saw one another--We talk and email but that's it. When we married we married men that were best friends, so we were still always together, then he wanted to move to FL. And there she stayed, was always mad at him for sure---Oh well.

OK trying to go back to sleep the thunder woke me up before

Oct 15, 2017 06:56AM - edited Oct 15, 2017 03:11PM by Chevyboy

Oh okay....  Now I remember FF...  I thought WTH????  Is that someone new?  And then I smiled, because my Cammi is back to being my Cammi!  And YES, I am a "senior"....  Hah!  And what age do we become "Senior" ???she asked.

Man, I remember working for the phone company when I was a Long Distance Operator in 1955...  And some of those gals were OLD!  They were 24!!!  So relativelyity, (whatever) I don't think it matters what our age is... as long as we are still HERE!!  

I took a Claritin D yesterday about 2, for these allergies...  And you would THINK that would give me plenty of time to get tired, and sleep all night...  Write this down...  DO NOT EVER TAKE CLARITIN D FOR ANY REASON, WHATSOEVER, AND EXPECT TO FALL ASLEEP WITHIN THE NEXT 48 HOURS!   Man, my head was so CLEAR, I could breathe out of both noses... but SLEEP?  Not a chance!   I guess I have to stick to just plain Claritin or something without 1000 mgs. of caffeine, or whatever.

See, about 4 months ago, I was painting the shed...  And coming back in the back gate, with 1/2 a gallon of paint, I guess I tripped on the little step, and fell against the chain-link gate latch, and it hit the corner of my nose, between my eye and my nose!  I went down like a real trooper!!!  PAINT running all over!  So I laid there a minute, trying to push the paint over to drain off the sidewalk, and blood was everywhere!  I just laid there a minute, thanking God I was still alive!  And I got myself up to a standing position, and thought WHAT A MESS!!!!  I went and got the hose...  tried to wash the paint and blood off of just everything....  I stripped my top off before I went in the house...  I looked in the mirror, and ..... well.... it was not pretty....

My whole chest was bruised, my arm was cut from the chain-link fence, but my eye was blue, and swollen shut, and I could not breathe....  SOMEHOW it hurt my nose inside when I hit that bone, and I still can't breathe out of that side very good...  

So THAT problem, along with allergies, is why I took a Claritin D.  

I DID get a Tetanus shot, after the pharmacist looked horrified at my face.... But it did get worse!  I even gave up wearing make-up on that side of my face for awhile...  I even scared ME.... Hah!

Oh well....it sure could have been worse... I saw double for awhile, at distances, but that cleared up also... I COULD have hit my eye on that latch!

So I'm going to mosey around here, and just see how long it takes for me to get back to normal... shut up Cammi...  I'm still not tired yet...  

And I saw this on FB, and thought I had better share!  OMG, I can't make it smaller!!!!!!  

Image result for a bag to hold wine

Don't walk ahead of me, I might not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not want to lead. Just walk beside me & be my friend. Dx 11/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1796 of 1,854 (55,591 results)