We are 218,616 members in 81 forums discussing 154,833 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 11:40AM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 1896 of 1,914 (57,402 results)

Posts 56851 - 56880 (57,402 total)

Feb 8, 2019 09:45AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day!For the next week or so I am not going to allow myself to get on the computer until after I have done some housework and other things around the house that I have been neglecting/procrastinating/ignoring with the goal of staring the new job with a clean slate (or at least a house clean enough to have company over) since I will not have any excuse about not having enough time. So don't be surprised to not see me first thing in the ayems for a bit. Getting on here will be one of my rewards for getting a certain list of items taken care of each day. Poor Sadie isn't going to know what to do, since part of the morning computer time routine is spend with me with one hand typing and one hand petting and ear scratching! But she'll adjust, and I'm sure she'll do her usual fantastic job of helping. She started last night emptying a garbage bag of stuff all off the living room floor. Granted, that bag had been sitting there for days and should have been taken out to the dumpster days ago. She's teaching me not to procrastinate!

Jazzy--Glamorous Eye Candy, what a great name!

Gigi--What's wrong with prune juice in a wine glass?Or wine in a water glass? If it's fun and it works for you I say go for it! 80s to 27? What a swing! I'm guessing you don't have much ice built up on the sides of the roads like we do here? Hope the blood work numbers are good for you.

Chi--the novelty tie idea sounds like fun for a birthday party! Be careful out there, when the temp drops like that water can freeze into a very slick, smooth surface rather quickly and is real trouble for walking and driving.

Cammy--LOL!!

Joyous Chocolate Cake's DOTD:

Friday Freeze recipe

Friday Freeze

Ingredients

Blend all ingredents in blender at highest speed. Consistancy of the mix should be "semi - thick:" not so thick that a spoon would stand by itself in the mix, but not as thin as juice. If the mix is too thin, add sherbet, if too thick , add equal amount of juice and alcohol. Pour into glass and place in freezer for 15 minutes.

Best served in a White Wine Glass.

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Feb 8, 2019 12:08PM MemaSue56 wrote:

Morning All!

Still waking up to 28o, it does warm up to hi 40's tho, so not so bad. OOO wanted to tell ya bout Weds trip to dog park. Was fine till boom...rock hard hail, even the pooches went running for the gate. Haven't seen that here in Mesq since we've lived here 12 years.

Everyone seems to be doing ok. Am very happy bout that. I too remember taking Loratadine after chemo, it did help alot.

Went to St George yest for taxes, then went flying down I15 to LV to see my PS. He put back on compression garment around mese belly...right under my ribs. I HATE it....my entire chest itches like heck. Otherwise, I am doing pretty darn good.Loopy

Will try to address all in the next few days. LUBSLUBSLUBS!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

Feb 8, 2019 01:43PM camillegal wrote:

It's Flirty sweet pea. HUH

Thanks Kim now I'm filled in, so that's where u have a week off. If that's right Sadie will be so spoiled having u home, then all of a sudden ur gone. She's going to be maaad, and u know it.

Sandy u LomLin and I share all of this crap of the weather. I actually get all these alerts, never had them before so it' s puzzling. Then some stupid kind of weather comes in. If these crazy things keep happening Joey's going to go to school til July making up so many days.

Jazzy what's going on with work??? I know u get these stops every so often but I hope it's a short time for sure. But I know u know what to do.

GiGi good for u, now let us know how the tests come out.

I really don't have much to say and before long I'll start boring myself. Which I do often. soooooo

LUBS U ALL

Dx 2007, Stage IV, 24/38 nodes, HER2+

Feb 8, 2019 02:19PM LomLin wrote:

Sandy, I hear ya on the weather. We have a car wash in Hillside, we had our worst January since 2015 (bought the place in August 2014). Closed the place down for the first time ever since we owned the place when we dropped down to bad temps on Tuesday-Thursday last month and again today. Our chemical suppler owns a car wash and says that this January was the worse January for him in 20 years. Typically in winter you draw in more money because of the crappy weather and the toll it takes on your vehicle. Plus the salt and some dirty rain. Not so much during the summer months. When we had that cold spell at the end of January our pipe that feeds the toilet busted, which also fed our weep system. For those not familiar, the weep system has water trickling through it to the bays so nothing freezes up in weather that is below freezing to keep pipes, etc. from bursting. This sucks!! And what is up with the wind last night? I heard it whistling through our outside doors, and you could feel it coming through the windows. This sucks!!!

Feb 8, 2019 06:56PM JCSLibrarian wrote:

What a great day! I went to lunch with some old girlfriends. We caught up and talked for hours. Too bad a cancer diagnosis is what got us back together after a number of years. The weather here has been glorious. I sat in my courtyard, read for a bit and took a nap. There is a bit of pine pollen, but the coming rain should knock that down. Sorry the weather is so crappy in the Midwest and North.

I just finished watching the biopic of Ted Buddy on Netflix. He was one crazy dude. I remember when the killings happened and how scared young women were. he denied everything. I was surprised to learn while in prison he fathered a daughter. Now watching a series about Trump. What an obnoxious scumbag he was in his early career. I do not want to get into politics, but his background is pretty iffy.

Will sip ona bit of Cabernet with a steak tonight. I have enjoyed my week off from chemo. Amazing how you can start to feel like yourself again when there is some distance.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dx 11/5/2018, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 2, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 12/19/2018 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Feb 8, 2019 07:39PM Jazzygirl wrote:

JCS- I used to have a friend who was fascinated with serial killers and studied Ted Bundy. He was a very charming sociopath as they often are. I agree with you on your other statement too, but will leave it there.

It's friday!

https://giphy.com/gifs/amy-schumer-E3L5goMMSoAAo

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 8, 2019 08:28PM ChiSandy wrote:

LomLin, I haven't even attempted to get my car washed since the beginning of January. And that wind was insane here along the lakefront: before going to bed last night, I bundled up and went out to salt my deck--and the wind blew the stuff right back at me!

I did end up having some Ferrari brut last night, since I ordered out for pizza, baked clams & spinach.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 9, 2019 10:02AM camillegal wrote:

Mornin' ladies,

OMG I heard the wind too, it was like a spooky movie. I have an extra heater in my room and it was still so cold I bundled myself where all I could use were my eyes to watch TV. It was recockulous. At first I thought it was just my own ears.

Damn we're still busy and I wish i could understand all these accents. There was an Asian lady that called honestly I got every 3rd word, finally I heard talk husband and I was so happy---then he was worse than she was. Well whatever they wanted we had to hang up---I didn't get enough of any word to figure it out.<was this politically incorrect???> Well it's true.

More weather fun is coming our way, but I forgot what's up next, but I know it's not beautiful JC, no sitting outside, we can barely open the door to let our sweatered dog out. LomLin and Sandy it really doesn''t sound like this weather is keeping u in much. Good for you both

Oh Hospice is coming in for my cousin now. Kim u know the most about this. My sister and I are so scared and sad. I feel so sick inside and u know what's crazy when I call her, u know when u call someone and u automatically say how are u doing or how r u feeling. It's like how do u say this We all know it's just a matter of time.

LUBS U ALL

Feb 9, 2019 10:05AM camillegal wrote:

Image result for funny saturday gif

Feb 9, 2019 10:22AM BatyaD wrote:

Hi. Recently diagnosed. Glad I found this post.

I've been cutting my sugar consumption, and because alcohol turns to sugar in the body, I've been cutting my drinking (which wasn't much to begin with)...but then I read red wine is good for us, so I just bought an organic Cabernet. Last night I cooked with it (yum!) and took a few sips. Vodka is my drink of choice, so the wine wasn't very satisfying.

I figure once a week I can have a little Vodka.

Glad to find I'm not alone!!

Dx 12/5/2018, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy

Feb 9, 2019 11:54AM Jazzygirl wrote:

BaytaD- welcome to our thread! I don't eat sugar and drink little these days. Good lifestyle changes for you.

Cami- I am sorry to hear about your cousin needing hospice, big hugs sister Heart

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Left, Right Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Surgery 11/15/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/7/2013 Breast Radiation Therapy 2/25/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 3/21/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane)

Feb 9, 2019 05:57PM goldie0827 wrote:

Posting as Precious Cream Puff... I like that!

Hey Gigi, red wine has to be good for red blood cells...right? Prune juice and wine? Seriously? Or was that prune juice in a wine glass, not going back to check. Sinking ship, no way, not me either girl.

NM, of course I had to giggle about Sadie and flapping her tail whilst you talked to her, only to see that she was sound asleep. I'm sure she was listening tho. So glad you have her. Enjoy your week off cleaning and such. I'll try to help with the DOTD! I'm sure Cami will too. Or anyone else for that matter......GIRLS?

LDB (mema sue), so glad to see you here more often. I love you girl, and glad to hear you are doing well.

Sandy, I hope all is good on your arrival home, stay warm.

Cami, Flirty Sweet Pea....too funny but fits you poifctly! I'm so sorry about your cousin...prayers. And when I get customers that have a strong accent, I tell them them that I'm having a hard time understanding them due to the strong accent.

Lom, I hope the frozen pipes didn't cause too much damage for you.

JCS, you DO bounce back after a bit from chemo. I never did get sick, just neasous like twice! But my treatments were 3 weeks apart.

Hi Batya, and welcome. Do what you think is best, some of us still drink, some not at all, and some maybe too much...LOL. And NO, you are not alone! We are here for you.

Ok, as for my visit. Mom sleeps most of time, so my time there is just sitting while she sleeps, glad I have one resident there that keeps me company, young gal, won't go into details, but I so appreciate her. And some of the aides as well, they love my mom. Mom got an air bed to hopefully help with the bed sores. I just pray she goes soon. I fly out tomorrow and get home around 7:30 or so. But I'll be back Monday.

Precious Cream Puff sounding off for now!

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 9, 2019 08:15PM janky wrote:

Well another week down and I am finally thinking that I am on the road to recovery (from pneumonia, not alcoholism ;) ) Welcome to more newbies, this is a wonderful place for humour, sharing, support and questions - I have not had a drink in the last 2 weeks as I have been struggling to get better, but am already planning something for tomorrow afternoon - port or red wine are a toss up right now. Apart from a doctor visit on Tuesday I have not been outside as it has been much to0 cold -30C and colder with the wind...

goldie - I am glad your mom got an air bed, it should help with the sores! I see mine in 2 and one half weeks, so excited!!

cami - hugs, hugs, hugs!

NM - enjoy the rest of your time off, glad Sadie is helping you to not procrastinate!

mema - try not to scratch (easier to say than do)!

Lom - hopefully the crappy weather heats up and brings in customers!

Well stay warm and dry everyone, enjoy Football Free Sunday - Cheers!

Dx 11/7/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2016 Chemotherapy 2/9/2017 Radiation Therapy 5/16/2017

Feb 9, 2019 08:46PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Janky- so glad you are feeling better sister. Keep taking good care of yourself!

Feb 9, 2019 10:56PM janky wrote:

Jazzy - thank you, I honestly felt worse than I did after my last round of chemo, such a total lack of energy, very strange for me. j

Dx 11/7/2016, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2016 Chemotherapy 2/9/2017 Radiation Therapy 5/16/2017

Feb 10, 2019 10:12AM - edited Feb 10, 2019 10:14AM by Jazzygirl

Good morning friends- out for an early morning blood draw. I see my MO next week for my annual check in and then my PCP the following month for a check in on all things blood sugar. I am hoping my A1C is below the line now between pre-diabetic & normal so maybe I can reduce some of the meds I have been taking. It has been improving as I am off the AIs a year now. We will see what the data says? Hoping my other panels don't bring any surprises either.

I had the wonderful opportunity to do a workshop with Bobby Shew, a pretty legendary jazz trumpet player who was born here in NM and lives back here now. I have seen him perform many times, but we did a three hour workshop on the Art of the Ballad and got to do a bit of playing, so he could tell us what we are doing well with and where we can focus to move further along with our instrument. Dang, I was nervous too. But I held my own and his feedback was both kind and helpful. The jazz workshop has a new director and thus some new things going on and I like it!

Here is a clip of his music:

Feb 10, 2019 11:22AM MemaSue56 wrote:

Morning DahhhhLinKs

Cami - I used to always envy the kids that had 'snow days' and no school. Wasn't til I was older that I realized they had to make up those days in June/July.

Had to LOL on the heavy accents of some of ur clients. I hate that I can't understand them.

Sad to hear about ur cousin…sending HUGZ!!

Gigi - Good for you for 'hangin in there'. We all kno how hard it can be sometimes.

LomLin - at times I wondered about carwashes in very cold temps. Sorry u had to shut down…but it's only temporary right?

JC - So glad you got out with some old friends, reminds me to get an email out for my old work friends for a lunch. Used to call them for a date at least every 3 mos…haven't done it for at least a year now. Glad u had a good time.

Jazz - I've been watching waaay too much crime shows, like Law n Order, Criminal Minds and such. But I get so engrossed I jes can't help it. I need my Golden Girls to come back on and soon. Hope ur blood panel turn out OK. How X Citing about Shew.

Batya - Sorry to see u here…but WELCOME…pull up a bar stool and have the Tenders bring you a vodka cocktail…Enjoy!

Lowee - ditto from me to u. Did you get any hail this past week? So sad about ur mom, but sounds like u have accepted it. Stay safe on ur travels home. MUAH!

Janky - yeah, everyone telling me not to scratch…I really try not to but sometimes I jes have to. I've been using cortison 10 on mese chest and belly…I does help. Am so glad you are finally on the mend from da pneu. Enjoy ur wine!

'Princess Silver Thighs' says....Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a GIFT! Dx 4/20/2011, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Radiation Therapy 4/10/2014 Brain

Feb 10, 2019 12:31PM illimae wrote:

Hi ladies! Just wanted everyone to know what a $25 bourbon and coke looks like, lol

Fancy hotel + Miami = shockingly over priced drinks! DH and I stopped at 1 drink each.

(FYI, we got the same drinks yesterday in Boca for $5.34)

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 1/1/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to brain Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 10, 2019 01:13PM NativeMainer wrote:

Good afternoon, Loungettes!How's everyone's Sunday Funday going? I was up most of Friday night with a stomach bug, slept till 11 on Saturday, then was too tired to do much of anything but hibernating. Feeling much better today, and have gotten some good work done and have earned time on the computer!Sadie has been in and out and "helping" and keeping me moving. She says Woof to everyone!

Mema--Wow, a trip to the doggy park interrupted by hail! That must have hurt. Sorry the compression garment is back on, any idea how long you will need to wear it?

Cammy--yeah, Sadie will probably be mad at me for a while, but once we get the new routine going it should be ok for her, cuz I'll be getting home earlier--no more 12 or 14 hour or more days!

LomLin--Yikes, you are really having a time with the temps and winds and waterworks!

Librarian--time out with good friends is always good for the soul. And enjoying the good weather is also good for the soul!

Jazzy--LOL!

Chi--nothing like trying to clean up and having the wind, or a Silly Sadie, bringing everything right back at ya!

Cammy--I hate it when it gets so cold in the bedroom that my nose freezes! It's hard to find a balance of covering up the face that keeps thenose warm but doesn't feel claustrophobic! I'm sorry to hear that your cousin has Hospice coming in now. It doesn't mean thatyour cousin will pass on very soon, but it does mean that her time will be comfortable.And it's ok to call her up and ask how she's doing and how she's feeling. It's the calls and the connection that's important, now what words are said. Hugs.

BatyaD--Welcome to the Lounge! We believe in living life, and for some of us that means a nice glass of wine or a beer or a cocktail in the evening or from time to time. When medical science can tell me exactly how I got bc in the first place THEN I will listen to them telling me that it did it to myself with my diet, exercise, weight or drinking.

Goldie--thanks for the help with the DOTD. Any one can jump in anytime! I'm glad you are having some time with your Mom, even if she is sleeping much of the time. Safe travels.

Janky--glad you are getting better and ready for a sip or two.

Jazzy--praying for good blood test numbers for you.So wonderful you got to get input from an expert!Sounds like a very good thing and you got some good info.

Illi--Amazing prices!

Joyous Chocolate Cake's DOTD:

The Weekend Getaway Cocktail

Ingredients

3 Basil leaves

Club soda

2 pt Absolut vodka

3⁄4 pt Pineapple syrup*

3⁄4 pt Fresh lemon juice

Garnish:

1 Basil leaf

How to make The Weekend Getaway Cocktail

In a shaker, briefly muddle the basil leaves.

Add remaining ingredients except the club soda to a shaker and fill with ice.

Shake, and fine strain into a double Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice.

Top with club soda and garnish with a basil leaf.

*Pineapple syrup: INGREDIENTS:

• 1.5 cups Sugar
  • 1.5 cups Hot water
  • 1 Pineapple, peeled and cut into small chunks

PREPARATION: Add sugar and hot water to a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add pineapple, cover and let sit over night. Strain syrup into a new container, mashing the pineapple chunks to extract more syrup and flavor. Discard the mashed pineapple chunks and keep syrup in the refrigerator.

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy: Right Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy: Left Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Feb 10, 2019 01:14PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Ill- well as I like to say, if it's pricey, it better be good! Enjoy your time away!

Feb 10, 2019 07:51PM Gigi71 wrote:

Whats up? My crud is gone! Thank goodness! But hubby is still sick! Although, we did have a great weekend! It Got chilly in NC! I buzzed around the house cleaning and doing all kinds of stuff! The days after tx feel like go go go! Just sitting here catching up on what’s going on with y’all! While I wait for Columbo to come on! Ole school but what a blast from the past!

Numbers were Good Friday! Some that had went up dropped a tad! Gonna hit the good food more this week and try to be good! But damn it’s hard! Btw Dr said no to CBD right now! But had to ask! Ole well, i do enough damage with Mickey ultra and my RR&R! 6 tx down 6 to go! Got to go back on Valentines Day! Gonna take the nurses some cupcakes! Then I have to go get air in my plumped up tire! They are getting cupcakes too! Can’t say my flat tire anymore..got quite the boob arising🤣🤣!

Goldie-glad mom is comfy as she can be 🙏!

Illi-Holy shit thats $$! Hope it was a strong one😱

Native-glad u r feeling better! Prune juice in wine glass rocks🤣

Mema-I love the Golden Girls too! Every Sunday TV Land has Marathon! We watch a lot! Or u can download TV land app and watch all u want!

Jazzy-bet that was a blast with your workshop! Hope your panels come back good too

Janky-feel better soon! Good enough for a sip of an adult beverage!

Cami -Sandi-Lomlin. Crazy ass cold weather! Can’t imagine! Cami - sorry to hear about your cousin!

Batya-Sorry u r here! Although it’s a great group to be with!

Everyone take care! Stay warm! If u r down hope you are feeling better soon!

As always, Stay Thirsty My Friends! ⛱🏖🥃🍺

Feb 11, 2019 06:29AM camillegal wrote:

Mornin' ladies,

Welcome Batya, it's awful to be here, but here is a great place with great people

Janky glad ur feeling better. That pneu. punches the like out of u and takes a while to heal, but once u start it's drink time. Oh that drink was way way out of line, but u were ready.

Jazzy that workshop sounded great and u had to enjoy every minute of it. Hope numbers are good.

Lori I'm glad ur on u way home. This had to be hard but good there was someone there u could talk to.

SusyQ always glad to see u here, I always miss u.

Gigi glad the crud is gone and numbers better. I do remember the feeling of energy for a couple of days, hope it continues for as long as it can.

Kim thank u, Well I went to see my cousin and it was worse than I thought. My sister is going tomorrow. Probably too cuz of morphine she;s like in and out of it. Oh u know more about this than anyone. she really doesn't eat unless it sweets very little tho. As week as she is she held my hand with strength, I was surprised. I can't imagine this going on much longer. It was just Nicky, Les and me who went. trying to keep the number down.Prayers please.

Well the weather is crazy, we got a little snow ut a little ice too. No good driving for sure. Winds were low but it just felt bone cold to me. We;ll see what the week brings.

LomLin it's bad enough to have all this crappy weather but to have to close ur business sucks. Everytime I write u name I want to go to that restaurant. LOL

I hope I didn't miss anybody I try not to but mese memory ain't so good.

LUBS U ALL

Feb 11, 2019 06:37AM camillegal wrote:

Image result for funny monday morning gif

Feb 11, 2019 08:27AM - edited Feb 11, 2019 08:28AM by goldie0827

Janky, laffing at your recovery, from being sick, not alcohol!

LDB, totally understandable why you haven’t hooked up with old work buddies, look what you’ve been through girl! No hail here that I know of, since I wasn’t home, just a dusting of snow. Yes I have accepted my mom’s condition, I just wish God would take her.

Jazzy, hoping for all good things on the blood work. When you are done with a contract, do you always have to go out and look for more work. If so, is it pretty easy to find?

Ill, $25.00 for ONE cocktail? I thought it was for the whole bottle!

NM, I has to laff when you thanked me for helping with the DOTD, when I didn’t! Oh well. Guess I wasn’t thinking what all I had on my plate with travel home coming up very quickly. I don’t think anyone went thirsty. Let’s see, you are off all this week, yes? I’m sure Sadie will get used to things and can’t wait to here how the circus is doing in your absence.

Gigi, glad you are feeling better. Must be the steroids that have you revved up? Instead of saying I had 6 more treatments to go, I would say after the next one I have 5 left. Just seemed like it made it go quicker. Just like when I would tell my mom I was coming for a visit, we didn’t count the travel day, or the current day.

Cami, again I’m sorry for your cousin. Sounds like if she’s not eating it may push things along.

Had a very dear friend in her mid 70’s from MI, whom spends her winters in FL, had to go to the hospital for stomach and back pain. Now mind you, she is a very bull headed person. Anyways, found out it’s all cancer. Liver, lung and spine. Liver the size of a football. They are not thinking she has much time left. Her daughter and son in law were in Cancun, waiting for my brother and his husband to join them, as they do every year. Well, she and her hubby flew home yesterday, and she will be on her way to FL very soon to be with her mom.

I think for our DOTD, we should all have one of Ill’s cocktails. A $25.00 Bourbon and Coke!

AKA - Sugar Lusty Heat! Hair pictures on my profile. DON'T LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY, UNLESS YOU'RE PICKING THEM UP! Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, Right, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 7/2014, ILC, Right, Stage IV, 2/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 11, 2019 08:59AM NativeMainer wrote:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday Mankey Day. I'm allowing myself on the computer while the scones are baking, but right after breakfast I need to get to work on the house work. I hope I have the self-discipline enough to do that. I also need to get out and do some grocery shopping, preferably before tomorrow, since another storm is predicted for tomorrow night into Wednesday. Doesn't sound like it's going to be too big a one, though. Still getting occasional windiness, temps hanging in the 20s, not too bad out unless you catch one of the gusts. Sadie spent some time chasing critters yesterday, along with "helping" me.

Gigi--so good to hear your numbers are better! Do you get steroids as part of your treatment? They can make you feel very energetic. I say take advantage of the feeling, but be careful not to overdo. The body needs most of its energy to heal the damage the chemo does to the normal cells. It must be odd watching the "flat tire" get pumped up. Anything, including prune juice, is better in a wine glass!

Cammy--prayers, always. It's probably not the morphine that is making your cousin sleepy, it's a normal part of the process of the body slowing down. It is surprising how strong someone's grip can be when they look so weak. Hugs.

Goldie--yes, I am off this week, start the new job a week from today. It's going to be very entertaining to watch the development of events at the old office. I'm working on getting used to getting up with the alarm every day again (set for 6 ayem, dismissed it and got up at 7 this ayem cuz I tossed and turned most of the night and didn't really get to sleep until after 2 ayem for some reason). I'm sure Sadie will adjust quicker than I will!

Feb 11, 2019 09:05AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Good morning ladies- happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a good weekend. This week is Valentine's Day and for those of you whom celebrate it, wishing you a day filled with hearts, roses and most importantly, WINE!

I made the executive decision to work at home today. As the CEO of my own business, I had to do it! My current project has some technology issues which have slowed us down. The consulting group I am subbing with seems to have too much drama right now and by working from home, I take myself out of that. I sent a note to the team and they have their marching orders for today and are my pulse with the tech issue updates. This will allow me to get a few more things taken care of at home today too.

Goldie- my contract with this org is sort of open ended and longer term arrangement, and right now, I will have more FT work into next month and PT after until the summer as I see it currently. But I am looking to add another project soon for some better work (higher level and better paying). Finding work just really depends on the whole supply and demand cycle. For a couple years, things were slow for me, but now they are busy again and I get contacted a lot about work opps. Some are more longer term (good) but also require a lot of travel (not doing that stuff anymore). I don't mind traveling for work, but getting on a plane every week is not my thing. I did a lot of that in my 20s and 30s and it was fun then, but not something I choose at this time in my life. Anyways, that is how we roll over here.

I am really sorry to hear about your friends dx. I hope she gets some good care to make things easier. Cancer sux.

Cami- so sorry to hear about your cousin's continued decline. The lack of eating is a sign things are slowing down for her. Morphine is a great pain killer but it has you out of it a lot of the time. Hard stuff here, sending you much love.

Mema- do you watch True Detective on HBO? Season 3 underway and it is really good. I am a big fan of this series and we are down to the last couple of weeks before the finale. If you have not been watching it, you can binge watch soon and see the whole thing. I think it is on Hulu too. I have discovered a new favorite actor, Stephen Dorff.

NM- you are starting new your new job today, congrats! I hope Sadie adjusts okay. Here is to having regular hours you can sustain going forward with work you like and good people! Fingers crossed this is the great opp you have been waiting for. Will look forward to hearing your perceptions after you get through a week or two?

Gigi- I hope you can get some good food in to you this week and how sweet to bring the nurses cupcakes. They will love it (and be surprised too!)

Okay, that's it for now. More again soon and have a good week ladies!

Feb 11, 2019 11:48AM camillegal wrote:

Image result for how to make valentine drinks

getting ready for Feb.14th

Feb 11, 2019 12:55PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Cami- ooh girl that looks naughty.....

Feb 12, 2019 01:34AM - edited Feb 12, 2019 01:41AM by ChiSandy

Sorry for being AWOL these past few days, but life happens (nothing big or serious, just keeping me offline).

Welcome, Batya--red wine is not everyone's cup of...well, you know. Good vodka can be quite delectable, especially iced and paired with caviar. Ilona, a quarter-Benjamin for a bourbon & Coke? Yikes--are we talking Pappy Van Winkle and artisanal cola? (Rhetorical queation). I'd pour myself one, but all we have is Coke Zero and Maker's Mark...which is a shame to dilute with soda pop.

Cami, so sorry about your cousin's decline. May her transition be painless and peaceful.

Sat. we had a surprise 70th b'day party for a dear friend (father of one of Gordy's two BFFs, wife of my pal who died of sepsis 15 mos. after breaking a hip, and a colleague of Bob's...who is now dating Bob's business partner. What was that Vonnegut said in Cat's Cradle about "granfaloons & karasses?" Life is just one big Venn diagram). It's been a rough year for him: first a double angioplasty and then prostate cancer (just surgery; now "active surveillance"). Anyway, his son--staying with him these past few months before heading home to L.A. next week--and Bob's partner planned this elaborate surprise. Originally, it was supposed to be a lunch date at the Oak Lawn Hilton's restaurant; but the hotel's main entrance & lobby are being remodeled. So they cooked up a story that the only way to the restaurant was through the conference center, and we all lay in wait in a "breakout" room till we got the text that they were on the way. He was surprised, all right--pleasantly, thank goodness. (In retrospect, we should have thought twice about doing that to a guy with a bum ticker).

Haven't had anything stronger since a half-glass of pinot noir that afternoon. But had a chocolate egg cream two nights in a row. (Don't judge).

In the déja vu dept., we're in the midst of our second ice storm in less than a week--with more "wintry mix" due tomorrow evening and yet another ice storm due Thursday. Oy.

Good news, though: Gordy started a full-time job today, with benefits (including a 401k and health insurance). He's doing online customer service and writing ad copy for Vivid Seats, Ticketmaster's discount resale dept. One of the benefits is an employee discount on event tickets. Bummer is that his hours are M-Th 3pm-midnight; but the office is steps from a CTA station in the Loop (and he lives four blocks from that train line). Not sure how much longer he'll be in his apt., though: Leslie's lease on her studio is up in a couple of months and they are going to move in together. However, his 1-BR lacks parking (and she needs covered parking). They're hoping a 1 or 2-BR opens up in her bldg. so she can keep her parking space. But the flip side of that is that the closest CTA stop is more than a half-mile walk (or two short bus rides) away. And she teaches up in Rogers Park, exactly the opposite direction from his job. Stay tuned.

Diagnosed at 64 on routine annual mammo, no lump. OncotypeDX 16. I cried because I had no shoes...but then again, I won’t get blisters.... Dx 9/9/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 9/22/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 11/1/2015 3DCRT: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/30/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 12, 2019 07:38AM camillegal wrote:

Mornin' ladies,

Sandy I know u've been busy, but a real surprise party for a man with a not so good heart. Turned out good tho. OK I know I asked this before but explain what an egg cream is again. It always sounds so good. And Yay for Gordy, I love to hear the stories of Leslie and Gordy, it keeps me happy. What about a bigger place in Gordy's bldg.

Illi and JC how are things going for u 2???

Yea Jazzy that drink sounds complicated but since I've been watching Bar Rescue I am gettin more familiar with how to use spices and mix alcohol to compliment other alcohol plus there are so many flavored bottles of everything, it's got to be easier yo like drinking now more than ever. I used to drink vodka over ice, now I'd have a ball picking out a flavor.One of the women I worked with thought I was a recovering alcoholic for a while <well she is> but her and I would never order anything when we'd go out. So when we got to be better friends she wanted to know how long I'd been sober so I told her when I stopped drinking <not thinking> and she was admiring me so for breaking my addiction. She really admired me cuz she relapsed a couple of times but she was doing good. Well it took me a while to admit I was not an alcoholic. Instead of outing myself I innied myself but by that time she liked me so she just LL it off. But it was nice to give her points and encouragement, she really did well tho thanks to my narcissistic personality <except I don't think that's the word I wanted since I could spell it> I just like the sound of that word, like cupcake and marshmallow, I just like those words. I guess we all have words we like, don't we, or is it just me---Oh there I go again with my little ticks or people just don't want to admit it.

My sister and her DH went to see my cousin yesterday and one of our other GF called her and felt bad when my sister told her she wanted to go alone. So our GF called me feeling bad so I did explain because they were together since birth and I did know she wanted to just be with her, just like I did. My GF felt better and understood it more so she's making plans on going. But it seemed liked she had a little better day today, she talked more but didn't eat much My sister and I had a long talk last nite kinda funny but mostly sad but like I said Lu and I can talk about anything even when we don't agree, makes no difference. Even tho she's my sister being BFF just adds to all our love and not agreeing without any bad feelings. Well we were 4 all together, went down to three, now soon it will be 2, then they'll be none. <ie Agatha Christie, I think> or Charlie Shultz I can't remember.

Well Sandy and LomLin our weather looks stupid again , ice, snow, wind and then rain. WTF LomLin I hope u business has been open now, but I heard winds are going to pick up a LOT in the next 24 hrs. meaning who knows how cold it will feel. And we haven't started crazy March yet. Just be careful going out, I''m staying in, oh that's novel, yea right. It was a little slippery the other day and I felt some anxiety about falling, it's a shakey feeling almost making u fall even if u weren't going to. Jodie's supposed to come Sat. but I want my girls to spend time together, so they're going out to lunch and I like that. So I hope my niece will come when weather is ok for my shower. I'm everyone's PITA now. I don't show favoritism.

I hope everyone is feeling OK today and everyone stay safe.

LUBS U ALL

Page 1896 of 1,914 (57,402 results)