Topic: how about drinking?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 11:40AM

Posted on: Mar 28, 2006 11:40AM

JanieMarie wrote:

Where did our thread go? Is anyone out there from our drinking group? Did I miss something - like we became too offesive or ...well, drunk?

I would love to hear from you gals!

Janie Log in to post a reply

Page 3 of 6,553 (65,529 results)

May 13, 2006 03:47PM Rocktobermom wrote:

" Sometimes when I reflect back on all the wine I drink I feel shame Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the vineyards and all of their hopes
and dreams If I didn't drink this wine, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this wine and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
~ Jack Handy

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may leave you wondering what the hell happened to your bra and panties.
When life hands you a lemon, ask for some tequila and salt to go with it!

May 13, 2006 05:56PM susan_CNY wrote:

Toasting to you! Bravo!
It is friday.
dx 4/1984 cervical /hyst 10/2002 stage 2 colon /hemi-colectomy/5FU and Leukovorin chemo 11/2003 stage 1 bc tumor 1.6 grade 3 no nodes, possible vascular invasion / lumpectomy and rads 7/2009 lumpectomy found to be benign

May 13, 2006 06:30PM harleyhoney wrote:

Ditto, yeah, what you all said....
I'll drink to that.
ENJOY!!!
Stacy
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Dx 5/7/2003, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 4/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/7/2003 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/1/2003 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 10/20/2003 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 7/27/2016, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 10/13/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 14, 2006 08:34PM JanieMarie wrote:

Has anyone seen my bra and panties?

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Janie

May 14, 2006 11:00PM junie wrote:

laffin--glad you brought this post back up! Seems like I have just about a kazillion things to toast each day--I enjoy my Miller Lite, and ohhhh, the occasional glass of Merlot! Drank before, during, and after treatment--retirement is kinda hard on me because happy hour can start any dang time I want!

moderation is the key! So, I tell myself--you can have a glass of Merlot--you can't drink the whole bottle......I tell myself I can have a beer, but I can't drink the whole case in one day!

sorry--but I like my booze...and, I've never quite understood some of the hysteria over oh my god I had a drink......glad this thread has activated again--helps to know you're not alone!!!

May 15, 2006 05:37AM inspiewriter wrote:

Quote:
Why does alcohol always get such a bad rap?

Janis L

I still like my red wine, too, but am going to give it up awhile to try and lose a few pounds.

I think it gets a bad rap because it's processed by the liver, and that may have let some of the estrogen get by (for us er+ gals) and stick around in bad places. That's just a theory I've heard, my onc. says nothing about alcohol has been proven, and I'm sure many other factors were also involved in my bc. (taking birth control pills, being around other chemicals, having mono as a teen, and on and on.)

If we are on Tamoxifen, we should not have that problem at all. The estrogen is not sticking around anymore.

I've also read taking folic acid along with our B vitamins is helpful if you drink alcohol.

May 18, 2006 08:15AM PoohRN1962 wrote:

Oh, man! I am a new diagnosis, and never even THOUGHT about "having" to give up drinking!

Can I join the drinkers in this forum? PLEASE?
Vicki Dx 5/4/2006, IDC, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 18, 2006 08:30AM snufflesmom wrote:

I drank my whole time durning tx, and it never once bothered me. Not a lot but I did drink.

Randi

May 18, 2006 06:24PM jaybird627 wrote:

I didn't drink during chemo as it tasted terrible to me. I guess I saved a lot of money during tx but I think I've more than made up for lost time! Cheers!

Janis L
Jaybird. My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope - Ovid. Dx 3/5/2005, IDC, Right, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/5/2005 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant

May 18, 2006 11:54PM bach wrote:

I am so glad to see there are drinkers out there. I haven't had a drink since I started chemo - not because I'm clever but because I feel ill. Today is my birthday 36th so I'm going to have a vino tonight and see how we go. It doesn't seem fair to feel crap without the giddy pleasures that usually cause hangovers.

Cheers to you all...

Nicole

Page 3 of 6,553 (65,529 results)

Scroll to top button