We are 221,132 members in 81 forums discussing 156,102 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Thinking Out Loud.....

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Feb 6, 2009 02:44PM - edited Nov 8, 2012 06:16PM by rumoret

rumoret wrote:

So you worry then what?

The day is here...LIVE!
Smile, cry, laugh, scream, mourn, exercise and breathe.....then what?

Pick one foot up and move forward...
Pamper yourself and don't waste one precious moment!
Play with little children, become one again, go swing...on a swing...baby!

Enjoy family and friends, enjoy good food and drinks with them.
Inhale the fresh air and give all of them a big bear hug from you!

Never say Never....
Explore the idea of doing something you're fearful of.

Say...I LOVE you and mean it, otherwise it is just another Four-Letter-Word.

When one door closes........open another.........life continues.......don't miss the train.
ALL ABOARD....

Hugs,
Terry

Hugs to my Sisters, Dx 4/13/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 976 (29,256 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (29,256 total)

Feb 7, 2009 12:24PM pip57 wrote:

Thinking out loud about pension plans.  Should we get want we want while we can or put it away for a day we may not see?

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex Dx 2/1/2007, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 7, 2009 12:34PM GramE wrote:

After my husband died in 2003, I was 57 at the time, I decided I would take Social Security widow's benefits when I turned 60.   This is my 3rd year getting them (? it ) and I must say I have enjoyed getting money in my account each and every month  AND since being dx w/BC, a nice bonus to pamper myself with.   Who knows if I will still be able to enjoy or use it when I reach age 66, my age required for FULL benefits.   I opted to take it early, at a reduced rate, but there was a very nice increase each year.   

Susie Orman had a program on TV the other night - she said to take SS at age 62, because the difference in amount is minimal compared to waiting 3 or more years.   And, the value of a dollar in 2009 may be a tad more than in 2111...   If any of this makes sense.

Feb 7, 2009 12:59PM pip57 wrote:

Nope, I am Canadian!  I try to use common sense but we are doing more car trips and did get that big TV now.

PIP - multi focal, FEC100/Tax, rads, dble mast with no recon, ooph/hyst, arimidex Dx 2/1/2007, DCIS/IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 9/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 7, 2009 01:45PM - edited Feb 7, 2009 01:45PM by yellowrose

Spending more time with my extended family.  My gran died fairly young, at age 62, 14 years after BC.  I remember her most for her zest for life and not letting the grass grow under her feet.  Yet we always knew of her reverence for her faith.

I'd like my nieces/nephews to remember me the same way.  I write them letters, make visits as often as possible and do fun stuff on the spur of the moment.  I don't just talk about my faith anymore, I try to always live it.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived though this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' Eleanor Roosevelt

Feb 8, 2009 12:15PM pip57 wrote:

Another thing I ponder.  If I say I only have one cup of coffee per day, does it matter if it is in a huge cup?

Feb 8, 2009 11:31PM footprintsangel wrote:

Are we going to have medical coverage in 5 years

Feb 8, 2009 11:57PM - edited Feb 9, 2009 12:46PM by MissShapen

This Post was deleted by MissShapen.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Dx 11/9/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/31 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Feb 9, 2009 11:14AM rumoret wrote:

Hey..........I have blue skies..........and clean air........can even see the California Coastal Mountains...much to be thankful for.

My 2 year old grandson is walking by me and smiling........that means he probably went potty in his diaper......he is so sly.

Better go now...he is on his second trip around my desk as I type this message.

Hugs,

Terry 

Hugs to my Sisters, Dx 4/13/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 9, 2009 11:33AM pip57 wrote:

I am sooooooo jealous of all you Grandparents out there.  That is my goal in life...and I have no control over if or when it will happen!

Feb 9, 2009 12:38PM rumoret wrote:

My grandson was born 8 months after my diagnosis....which was January 2007. I found my lump in January 2006.....so his birth marks the month that this journey began. He is my gift from God. We grew together.....each day a little stronger. In late April or early May I am being blessed with my second grandchild who will be a little girl. Her mother is my second daughter......so now both of my daughters have given me grandchildren. Children keep you young and they always put a smile on your face. One of the perks is you get to go shopping for baby clothes again.....so much fun.

Hugs,

Terry 

Feb 10, 2009 12:39AM footprintsangel wrote:

When I heard the President speak about cut back, Some of the help is really needed. But I know some said this is as bad as the early depression.

But each day is a gift

Feb 15, 2009 11:23PM footprintsangel wrote:

What will the gas high be this year, It went up 30cents in 1 week

Mar 23, 2009 11:32PM footprintsangel wrote:

When they say America will be back on its feet, How long will it be and how much cut backs on medical help or other  things  will eldery and disabled get!

Mar 28, 2009 10:19PM candie1971 wrote:

How much I am thankful for my first  grandchild...a girl born 6 weeks ago...Marley Marie....I am so overjoyed by this!!!

Good friends are like stars....you don't always see them but you know they are always there. Dx 5/26/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 29, 2009 12:49PM pip57 wrote:

Congrats!  I am so jealous.

Mar 29, 2009 11:16PM footprintsangel wrote:

I had a sunny day in Washington today! I loved it

Apr 1, 2009 10:33PM Mamita49 wrote:

My daughter is in réunion Island studying biology there. Her name is Marie-Lyne and she is 21 years old. She is the sunshine, the pearl, the godess of my life. She is away for only 6 months, but it seems so long. Yesterday, she told me that when she will be back in August, we will have lots of fun together for the remaining summer. Each day she lets me know what she is doing, I am sooooooo blessed to be her Mom. 

small little liver buggers Dx 12/15/2008, IDC, 3cm, Grade 3, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 12/2012, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Apr 1, 2009 10:39PM candie1971 wrote:

I have to have minor surgery on my wrist.Have a bone cyst. Tho I am afraid of any kind of surgery, I will not be afraid this time. It could sooo much worse. I had an MRI the other day, thought I had bone mets...all clear!!! Thank you God!!!

Good friends are like stars....you don't always see them but you know they are always there. Dx 5/26/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 2, 2009 02:33PM candie1971 wrote:

bump

Apr 3, 2009 11:38AM pip57 wrote:

Maybe I will be around long enough to be a grandma after all.

Apr 3, 2009 04:22PM rumoret wrote:

Prettyinpin100......YES YOU WILL.......YES YOU WILL.

Hugs,

Terry 

Apr 9, 2009 12:59AM footprintsangel wrote:

We all will win, We are very special!

Apr 13, 2009 10:10PM footprintsangel wrote:

There is so much out there to be thankful for. Even if times a rough, We have each other.

God bless you all.

Apr 13, 2009 10:32PM candie1971 wrote:

ok..so I am getting anxious about this wrist surgery I have to have. Told myself not to be scared but I just hate surgery..any kind!! I dont like the being put to sleep part. Even so they say it is a ganglion cyst, the "C" word pops into my brain.I have a bone cyst and it hurts likes the dickens so I have to have it done. My hand is weak from it..don't have any strength to do much with my hand.

Apr 13, 2009 10:45PM footprintsangel wrote:

Sending you alot of angel hugs and will be praying for you.

Apr 15, 2009 10:40PM candie1971 wrote:

Thanks foots.....you are a sweetheart.

So happy I can always count on my bc sisters for everything...

Apr 16, 2009 02:05AM footprintsangel wrote:

God bless my BC sisters, They know alot what I am going threw.

Apr 16, 2009 04:26PM candie1971 wrote:

It is sunny and beautiful here where I live just as it is at bc.org.

Apr 16, 2009 04:45PM Alyson wrote:

Popped in here for some reason. Looking for something else and found a little gem.

Each day is a real gift and Prettyinpink you will be around for those grandchildren. I have a lovely little granddaughter of five months, I honestly thought two years ago that I would never see the day. Bea ia an absolute joy and makes me feel really special. And yes Terry its great shopping for baby things.

Having decided that life was more than working I have time to spend with all my family and that precious little girl. I also am making time for me.

Here in New Zealand we do not get the pension until 65 but not working it seems to be OK. We have cut back on some things but so far so good with the finances.  Prettyinpink make it a huge coffe, that is one thing I am not denying myself.

It is a beautiful autumn day here and I have some things to plant.

Sending big hugs from the other side of the world - its Friday here

Alyson

Foots and Candie we are all here for you

Here we go again. Dx 12/19/2006, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 23/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/18/2007 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 2/22/2007 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 8/9/2007 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 8/9/2007

Apr 17, 2009 11:07PM footprintsangel wrote:

God bless Toyful and many other that need pray and Gods love. We can make it.

Just think what wee have for us later, A no breast cancer picinc in heaven.

Page 1 of 976 (29,256 results)