Join Us

We are 216,722 members in 84 forums discussing 160,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: God's sense of humor

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Mar 28, 2011 10:31PM - edited Mar 29, 2011 11:46AM by Laurie_R

Laurie_R wrote:

I know that God has a sense of humor I have seen it in action.  But enough is enough.  First, I've had arthrities since I was in my 20's, loads of fun but I could handle it, then came the BC, ok a bit harder, but grab the boot straps and lets go, then came the vertigo that comes and goes, then the arthritis went to my shoulders and my back, almost ready to throw in the towel but not quite.  Then this weekend he decide I was getting bored and thru in Gout, which by the way is mainly a mans desease, (should I blame my parents cause my name is spelled the male way).  I'm sorry but I have to draw the line sometime and I think its now. I'm at the point where I have to laugh cause I'm all out of tears and since someting is going on from the tip of my head to my toes I'm hopeing he's done too.

Hope this brightens up your day.  We all need to laugh at ourselves sometime.

Laurie

Laurie R Brown Dx 11/15/2009, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Mar 28, 2011 11:13PM iodine wrote:

One of my favorite quotes:

If you want to make God laugh --- make a plan.

Not that it fits all the tests of strength He's been placing on you, but hope it would make you smile. 

Then there was an OLD Ziggy cartoon: he's looking at the night sky and says, God, I know you won't give me more than you think I can handle, but I wish you didn't have so much faith in my abillity to handle all thlis,

Dotti---BE NOT AFRAID, Pope John Paul

Mar 29, 2011 11:50AM Laurie_R wrote:

I'm truly not making light of Gods power and I know he won't give you more than you can handle.  It's just my way of handleing it.  tis better to laugh than cry, it takes less energy and I need my energy.

Laurie R Brown Dx 11/15/2009, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 31, 2011 11:22PM Laurie_R wrote:

bump

Mar 31, 2011 11:30PM littletower wrote:

Hey Laurie, you're right, better to laugh than cry. Sorry you're dealing with such a massive pile of poo. We're here. (((((())))))

Adele H. "Life can't be all bad if you're wearing sparkly shoes" Dx 6/25/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 18/28 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 1, 2011 07:03PM Laurie_R wrote:

does anyone else have gout who is willing to give me an idea about the foods that I should avoid eating.  I'm running out of options here and am reaching a point where I feel like saying what the heck is the point...can't do this, can't eat that.

Sep 5, 2012 04:16PM susan3 wrote:

10 years ago when i went through chemo, there wasnt a speck of hair on my head, face , arms, pubics, but the laughter that exploded from me every time i SHAVED MY LEGS, confirmed to me that God does have a sense of humor:)

Live and love fully Dx 3/2001, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)