We are 225,935 members in 82 forums discussing 158,530 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Watching anything good this season?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Nov 3, 2011 10:17AM

Marybe wrote:

Television is a good way to escape reality and I get very involved with the lives of my favorite television characters the same way I do when reading books.....in fact lately I have been reading the books and watching the TV series....did this with True Blood and just finished the first volume in the Game of Thrones series.   Although I was a bit leery when I first heard about The Big C, I really liked the show....love the characters and laughed out loud when Kathy was so excited about a finger nail falling off because it meant to her that the chemo was working.   Not everyone gets SEs, but I have found when I don't, it usually means a treatment is not working for me so I could relate her her excitement.

Boardwalk Empire, Hung, Nurse Jackie, Treme', True Blood , The Big C and Game of Thrones are my favorites on the premium channels.   I watch Revenge, The Mentalist, sometimes that one with Dana Delaney as a pathologist and I will check to see what is going on with Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice if I think of it, but no longer can keep track of who is sleeping with Whom.  I also like Parenthood and am sure if you mentioned a few others would go,Oh,  I like that one also.   On occasion I will even watch Dancing with the Stars and find it amazing that they keep some of them who are so bad on until the very end.   There are some reruns I will watch if I see they are on like Seinfeld and Two and 1/2 men ( like the old ones with Bad Boy Charlie, but the new season with Ashton just doesn't do anything for me) .

I probably sound like I am watching television all the time, but I really am not and in truth am either reading at the same time I have a show on, or I am asleep.  TV is a great sleep aid for me and I used to love David Letterman, but have not watched him for years.   I like Ellen's show if I am home during the day.  Oddly enough even though I love cooking, I do not watch the Food network.

Invariably I like shows they take off.....Like Brothers & Sister's, Saint Elsewhere and Chicago Hope ( a long time ago, The Riches and one about this guy who was a detective and was thrown into another time era, but I forget the name of it (only lasted a season)  And then there are some shows I used to watch like the Office, Desperate Housewives, and The Good Wife, but just got away from for some reason.    

What are some of your favorites? 

Marybe Be you own advocate and keep on your toes. I went from no stage (1990) to Stage lV while under an onco's supervision. Dx 4/1998, IDC, Stage IV, 0/19 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+

Page 25 of 25 (730 results)

Posts 721 - 730 (730 total)

Jun 28, 2014 07:59PM elimar wrote:

I am in the midst of my soccer World Cup viewing right now, still cheering for U.S. as they go into the knockout round.  Gonna take a miracle.

Dx 6/24/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 28, 2014 08:05PM AmyQ wrote:

I haven't read this thread except the original post and the last so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but my two "escapes" are Downton Abbey and Suits. I love the costumes and customs from Abbey but thoroughly enjoy the wit and glamour of Suits. Anyone else?

Amy

Dx 2/7/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/8/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/18/2013 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/24/2015 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/9/2016 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jun 28, 2014 08:32PM luvmygoats wrote:

Amy - Oh my yes Love my Downton Abbey. Starts Sunday Jan 4. Evidently there are a few teasers out there. Don't know "Suits". Ah ha - love Wikipedia. Is it something you can pick up midstream? We don't get much streaming, would have to be free to catch up. Oh my on Season 4. Maybe not. Also like Call the Midwife on PBS but somehow the time never worked out well here so I saw only bits/pieces.

I am just not a network viewer. Cannot abide sitcoms and never got into crime dramas a la CSI etc. DH was a "House" viewer but only on DVD. Only turn local stations other than PBS on for the news. Give me a good movie instead or listen to oldies radio. I've caught a couple of programs recently on PBS - one on eagles, primarily the Decorah IA eagles. Also a fascinating program about the dust bowl years. Just happened on them. Just like I happened to turn on DA just as the 1st episode aired. Sick on the couch with terrible cold. Wanting escapism. Big fan of Gosford Park so I knew what I was getting into.

Eli - still not into soccer. Haven't yet figured out how you can lose, but yet not lose. When does it end? I do know Brazil won but that I heard during an Indy Car race today. No idea where USA is now in standings but I gather still in the running.

SNB & Lumpectomy 2/21/12. Opted for no Oncotype due to very favorable pathology. 90% ER+. Rads finished 5/23/12. 28 + 5 boosts Dx 2/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/9/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/8/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 1, 2014 04:50AM Gingerbrew wrote:

I bought the sound track to Gosford Park.

Dx 5/27/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/10/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/2/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 1/10/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/10/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/10/2012 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 4/11/2013

Jul 26, 2014 09:26AM luvmygoats wrote:

I see that Poirot is coming back to Masterpiece Mystery tomorrow night but it appears only for 2 episodes.

Miss Marple comes back in September but alas only for 2 episodes. Drat. But it is the same actress playing the part as last time. She is almost too sensible for me. I liked Geraldine McEwan the best but seems she has retired.

Looks like only 2 episodes of Last Tango in Halifax left but they are filming Season 3 right now.

I just could not get into the Endeavor series.

Has anyone been watching the old Nancy Drew's on TCM on Saturday morning? They are a hoot. I caught only about the last 15 minutes of today's. Loved the clothes mostly. Seriously wanted the sweater "Ted" had on. I believe I read on IMDB they had to change from Ned to Ted for some reason but he's still Ned to me. Story cute but I loved my Nancy Drew books.

Not much to do in the heat of a Texas summer but stay inside and watch TV. Since we actually had winter weather this year it seems like I've spent most of this year sitting on my azz. Waiting anxiously for fall - ha ha maybe late Oct.

SNB & Lumpectomy 2/21/12. Opted for no Oncotype due to very favorable pathology. 90% ER+. Rads finished 5/23/12. 28 + 5 boosts Dx 2/2012, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/21/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/9/2012 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/8/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 19, 2014 02:08PM luvmygoats wrote:

Miss Marple is on Masterpiece Mystery this Sunday (Sept. 21). Two back to back episodes. Know where I will be!

Mar 26, 2015 12:45PM Gingerbrew wrote:

Better Call Saul is fun. Not so violent like breaking bad but Saul keeps his character.

Dx 5/27/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/20 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/10/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Chemotherapy 8/2/2010 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 1/10/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/10/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 5/10/2012 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 4/11/2013

Mar 26, 2015 12:50PM mumito wrote:

I agree am enjoying the spin off as well

Dx 4/23/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 8, 2015 11:11AM - edited Jun 8, 2015 11:17AM by leggo

I saw the funniest thing yesterday when I was browsing through the Netflix counties for something to watch. There it was, Mexican BREAKING BAD, scene for scene, line for line with unfamiliar faces, and called METASTASIS. It had nowhere near the charm of the original actors, but kinda cool....like a parallel universe or something.

"Once more into the fray... Into the last good fight I'll ever know... Live and die on this day... Live and die on this day." - The Grey

Jun 8, 2015 12:25PM Gingerbrew wrote:

I just began watching The Good WIfe after resisting it for about 5 years. It is exceptional, I try not to watch so many episondes that I am delerious. It has really good character development. I recommend!

Page 25 of 25 (730 results)