Posted on: Feb 13, 2012 10:37AM - edited Mar 7, 2012 09:45PM by windlass
After participating in a very frank, raucous, and at times hilarious locker room thread on here (you ladies know who you are!), it occurred to me we need a way to keep husbands and boyfriends from reading certain posts on BCO unless we hand them the computer and ask them to.
So in the spirit of fun, I came up with the following list of 20 female-gender validating questions - things that most women are likely to know, but few guys will.
Take the quiz and see how many questions you can you answer. Then show it to your man and see how many he can answer. (And no cheating by looking up the answers online, guys.) Then report back so we can compare notes and see which questions work. And then suggest a few questions of your own!
1. What is Summer's Eve and where would you purchase it?
2. Sports bras contain underwires for added support. T/F
3. To what item does the term "top coat" refer?
4. What might a young girl be asking by twisting the stem off an apple?
5. How do you wear "Candies" and what are they? (Hint: They're not edible).
6. Which pantyhose last longer, sheer or opaque?
7. What can you put on pantyhose to stop them from running further?
8. What can go embarrassingly wrong with very red lipstick?
8. Dramatic lipstick goes with minimal eye makeup and vice versa. T/F
9. Patchouli is a brand name for what product? (If this is wrong, say how.)
10. Which hurts worse over time: Clip-on earrings or pierced ones?
11. What does a woman do with an emory board?
12. Describe Barbie's nipples.
13. Women always shut the stall door when in the bathroom together. T/F
14. What is a "reinforced toe," and on what product would you find it?
15. Are vertical or horizontal stripes more flattering? (By txstardust)
16. Is the scent of Neet/Veet: (a) floral, (b) fruity, (c) spicy, or (d) unpleasant?
17. How does the doctor warm up the speculum before a pelvic exam?
18. Hair color comes as (a) one (b) two (c) three (d) four liquid(s) in a box.
19. One kind mousse is edible. Where does the other kind go?
20. What's a girl's first bra called, before she even has breasts?
Have fun ladies! It's good to be a girl.
* 15. What is Neet (now known as Veet), and what does it remove? (A: Hair.)
* 17. Finish this title: "Are you there, God? It's ___ ____ " (A: "Me, Margaret")
* 20. Sing with me, "Cover Girl clean makeup by _______." (A: Noxema)
Posts 1 - 30 (164 total)
Feb 13, 2012 10:51AM windlass wrote:
ROTFL! It's Noxema. *gag*
So that also threw off #20 for you too, right?
How did you do on the other ones? Which ones should I change?
My goal is to have women score 100% and men score 0%.
Feb 13, 2012 11:27AM windlass wrote:
Thanks, GramE - great question! I'll change one of the Cover Girl questions to your mousse one now. (It's cool that I can actually edit the original post.)
Feb 13, 2012 11:32AM mks16 wrote:
Thanks from me GramE as well! Now I know 12 answers instead of only 11
My husband wouldn't know a single one though, lol. I hope to see some of the answers I don't know, but I can wait till everyone else has had a chance to do the quiz...
Feb 13, 2012 12:22PM windlass wrote:
Good point, Reesie! Would guys know the contraceptive one? (I don't know, since I've never used it.)
Feb 13, 2012 12:44PM windlass wrote:
Okay, so there is:
Contraceptive mousse (nonoxynol-9 or some such)
And which other one?
Wait, I also own a leg-tanning mouse product, and a mousse sunscreen.
Feb 13, 2012 12:45PM windlass wrote:
And would you call Dow Scrubbing Bubbles a mousse?
Feb 13, 2012 01:11PM windlass wrote:
I just quizzed my husband and he got a whole three right.
Feb 13, 2012 04:16PM windlass wrote:
What nipples?!! heehee
Feb 13, 2012 05:36PM Denise2730 wrote:
I don't know the answer to the one about the apple either.
Feb 13, 2012 05:41PM Blessings2011 wrote:
Can we post the answers here if we know them?
Feb 13, 2012 06:11PM windlass wrote:
Sure! Post away!
The apple is from my elementary school. We would twist the apple stem, and for each twist we would say a letter of the alphabet. The letter we were on when the stem finally broke off was the first letter of the boy we were going to marry.
I had a crush on a boy named David, so I would twist extra hard when I got to the letter "d". It's good I never had a crush on a boy named Zachary, because no apple stem lasted much past H.
Feb 13, 2012 06:21PM windlass wrote:
Did everybody get at least ten right?
And did your husbands or boyfriends or brothers or sons all answer fewer than five?
I'm trying to develop a set of questions that is pretty much unanswerable by (straight) men, but easy for nearly all women to get at least half. My husband was cracking up at this whole exercise, by the way.
And if any naysayers want to ride my case for being sexist, go create your own thread cuz "I'm not trying to hear that, see?" At least not trying to hear that tonight, thanks.
Feb 13, 2012 06:37PM Blessings2011 wrote:
Well, I got 20/20, if I can say that #13 is true for me and my girlfriends....
Haven't asked DH yet!
Feb 13, 2012 06:42PM - edited Feb 13, 2012 06:43PM by windlass
I don't know a woman alive (at least not in the USA) who would ever leave the stall door open in a public bathroom. But the fun thing is that men don't know that! ;)
It's so weird to think they whip 'em out and pee together, standing just two feet apart, talking to each other the whole time!
Feb 13, 2012 06:53PM - edited Feb 13, 2012 06:55PM by windlass
#17 is a book that was huge when I was a "tween" - "Are you there God? It's me, Margaret."
Can you suggest a better title that more women would know, and no men would?
What about replacing question #17 with this:
"Seventeen" is (a) a perfume (b) a song (c) a magazine (d) a clothing brand?
Would you all know the answer?
Feb 13, 2012 10:18PM - edited Feb 13, 2012 10:18PM by Racy
I don't know which era you are from Windlass but I was born in 60s. I have never heard of the book you mentioned but then I am not in US.
When I was pre-teen I enjoyed the Heidi books. I imagine they were universal classics so everyone should know them.
I can't think of a book for older females that everyone would know. How about a magazine such as Cosmopolitan or Oprah.
Feb 13, 2012 11:00PM Janie-bug wrote:
my Husband just took this test and I was very surprised he got more then half of them right.....He said that was because he was married!!!!... Huh! what was that supossed to mean.
Feb 13, 2012 11:46PM windlass wrote:
Wow, Janie! Which ones did he know? It sounds like he really pays attention.
And yes on the top coat - it's nail polish.
Racy: I didn't know seventeen was a song, too.
Feb 14, 2012 12:07AM Racy wrote:
Windlass, oops the song was actually At Seventeen. It was a huge hit for Janis Ian in the 70s.
'I learned the truth at seventeen that love was made for beauty queens and high school girls with clear skinned smiles who married young and then retired etc'.