Join Us

We are 216,722 members in 84 forums discussing 160,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: "and then your boob will grow back?" said my 6yr old girl

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Sep 5, 2012 04:52PM

vicki1969 wrote:

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share with you a story :)

My beautiful daughter has recently turned into Linda Blair of the Exorcist....an academy performance I might add. It has been very trying in our house since I started Chemo on May 23, 2012 but more so since the kids were done school on June 30. I decided not to send her to her original day camp program as we always do and allow her to stay home as I will be home and frankly financially with being off work for 6 months it just wasn't feezible. It started out really great, spent some quality time together when I was feeling good and her big brother kept her busy when I wasn't. Dad however had to work. But as all 6yr olds do she just wanted to be 6 and I'm sure without the insanity of watching her mom on her bad days. So needless to say her actions have become a little crazy, the only way she knows how. Having a discussion with her the other night, the billionth time she was grounded and sent to her room, she informed me that 'no one has time for me' I'm sure the tears are choking up right about now. So we talked and I promised her that as soon I had my last medicine, the picline removed and mommy gets a little time to recover things will be different, maybe not like they always used to be but different in a good way. And she hugged me the tightest I've ever been hugged by her. So sweet.

So here we are! My last Chemo session tomorrow!! woot woot!!. When she came into my room this morning I told her that one more sleep and mommy will be having her last medicine. Her eyes got really big and she said"the line is coming out of your arm and then your boob will grow back?"  It was the most honest funniest statement I heard and made my day. I of course said no and she replied 'but you told nanny that you would be getting a new one after christmas!'  so incredibly sweet.  I explained the best I could and we laughed and made plans.

Sometimes in all the chaos and fight we forget about the young impressionable ones around us that don't miss a beat, even though they are if not the most important thing we are fighting for. The listen, they see, they hurt...its all part of it. Love my children dearly :p

Dx 4/17/2012, DCIS, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Sep 8, 2012 09:38PM christina0001 wrote:

:) That is a sweet story, thanks for sharing.

Surgery 1/10/2012 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 1/16/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 2/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Targeted Therapy 2/12/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/12/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/9/2012 Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 8/23/2012 Radiation Therapy 9/30/2012 Breast Surgery 7/29/2013 Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)