Join Us

We are 216,722 members in 84 forums discussing 160,163 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Les Miserables

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Feb 17, 2013 01:59PM

SandyinPa wrote:

I just saw Les Miserables. Wow! What a great movie! Has anyone seen it? It's a musical.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 17, 2013 02:03PM pupmom wrote:

Yes, we saw it on Friday. It was awesome! I usually don't like musicals, but it was more like an opera, that I could actually understand. Felt like crying many times during the movie. The acting was just brilliant. 

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 17, 2013 04:52PM Jomama2 wrote:

Saw it in Portland (OR) with my daughter over Christmas. Was pleasantly suprised...excellent.  I cry every time I even hear the intro to "Bring him home"..gotta say, though, I wish they had not concentrated on casting so many "stars" (Russell Crowe, for one, tho he did surprise me by singing well).  I actually prefer, for the music, the PBS stage production.   JoanSascha Baron Cohen and E (?) Bonham Carter were great fun.  I understood the story line better after the film...will hopefully be on Netflix someday..would like to see again.

JPa Dx 12/12/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/9/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 2/21/2012

Feb 17, 2013 05:07PM Timbuktu wrote:

Boy did I see it?!!!  I cried from the beginning credits to the end.  it just hit such a nerve!

I went from the theatre to Barnes and Noble to buy the book.  Started reading it and it's great.

I think the movie was close to it.  

The movie changed me, at least for a little while.  Hugh Jackman deserves an oscar.  

Dx 7/9/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)